You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Did My Grand Father Come Back?

Real Ghost Stories

Did My Grand Father Come Back?

 

I'll never forget the day my grandfather died. Or how quite the house seemed to be.

1992 was the year I would be turning 11 I was old enough to understand what was going on but not old enough to go to my grandfathers funeral. I remember the first incident like it was yesterday. I can't remember waking up or even going down stairs all I know I was standing by the living room door. What I saw I know was no dream.

As I walked into the living room I could see little specks of lights everywhere they were actually suspended in the air. I know why these specks of lights where in my living room because they brought back my grandfather or so I thought. I remember him talking to me but cannot remember what he said; he sat in his favourite chair which was his rocker. This was the beginning of some weird experiences my Nan and myself would see hear and feel. Nothing ever scared or hurt us in anyway but all the same, we never saw ghosts but always felt like we were being watched which made us feel uncomfortable.

My Nan witnessed more strange events than I did. She was hard as old steel toecap boots lol. My Nan and I argued a lot. I now feel terrible for the way I treated her but I was a spoilt brat, anyway back to the story. Every time we argued or disagreed about something, we would hear glass breaking in her bedroom, never mine just always seemed to be something of hers, a vase or a perfume bottle would break. Guaranteed when you went to investigate there would be glass on her floor.

Other strange things started to manifest themselves, like the time I was in bed and woke up early hours of the morning to someone walking up the stairs, that was not what bothered me. With the noise of the footsteps came heavy breathing and a heartbeat. I swear I could hear it as plain as day; no it wasn't my Nan as she was fast asleep in bed. I woke her up and explained what had happened. She said I was dreaming and to go back to bed. Deep down my Nan knew I wasn't dreaming she just knew how shocked and pale I looked.

Things didn't seem to get better neither did they get any worse but strange things still happened. Your name would be called most days. When I turned 12 years old I was allowed to stay home alone, my Nan sometimes would be gone for the day. I wasn't allowed keys so I would climb through the kitchen window which was more like a cat flap. I would be halfway through and the door handle to the pantry would turn and open, I would be back out that window so fast you wouldn't see me for dust.

Not long after I turned 12, I moved back with my mother in England, I spoke to my Nan a lot on the phone. She still experienced paranormal until the day she died 13 years ago.

This might not be the best story, you have read, but I swear to you everything is true. Thanks for reading and god bless

Other hauntings by happy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, happy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
Hello, My Mother and I always argued too and I too are spoiled brat since I was young still am now in my 36. I do believe you about this experience at your nan's home and My father died when I was 17 you may read on my profile about this story of my. I love your story.

Dreamergal72
trina (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
I always believe our loved ones sometimes come back for a vist, I am convinced I saw my papa, a man who I loved dearly so I think we are very lucky for that gift,, Blessed Be ❤
happy (3 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-17)
hi,ive had many paranormal expieriances. I really wanted to share this story because its amazing that how your loved ones come to us when we are in need. I will post my other expieriances soon. 😁
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
The story was interesting thanks for sharing.
Sometimes when a family member passes away they come back to tell us that they are alright and not to worry...
Have a good one. 😊
Boston (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
I found the story pretty interesting. Usually when a family member passes and they present themselves to you, you don't get bothered by it.

Then again, a ghost is a ghost. Creepy no matter who it is.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-16)
How about you? Do you still experience Paranormal events? Or was it limited to your family home?. I have had deceased family members visit, and although it was bitter sweet and brief, I feel blessed for the validation. Whether it be in the form of light, sparkles, energy balls... Some DO come back and many will say their good-bye. Carry the memory with you. It is a gift.Blessings, Ghostseer

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: