You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghostly Voice Calling My Name

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Voice Calling My Name

 

One night after my husband and I went to bed I awoke in the middle of the night hearing what I thought was a female voice calling my name. I sat up in bed and looked at my clock it was 3am. I sat there for a minute and listened thinking maybe I was dreaming. Then it sounded like a ball bouncing outside our bedroom door. The floor outside our bedroom door is tile, so any noise could be heard easily. The ball bounced three or four times and then stopped as quickly as it started. I didn't get up this time, I just let it go.

The very next night I woke up again at 3am, hearing my name called again. It was the very same voice I had heard the night before. This time the voice called my name twice. It was like a long drawn out whisper. Then the ball started bouncing again right outside our bedroom door. It bounced three or four times just like the previous night. This time I knew I was wide awake and was sure of what I had heard. I got up and went toward our bedroom door and the sound of the ball bouncing stopped. I went to check on the kids to make sure they were ok. They were sound asleep in their rooms.

When my husband got up later that morning I asked him if he had heard anything during the night and he said no. So I guess whatever it was, it was meant just for my ears.

Since those two nights in a row there haven't been anymore noises, nor have I heard my name being called in the middle of the night.

Other hauntings by princess2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, princess2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

IfriendJinx (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
That's like what happened to me kind of.
You'ld need to read my story to see.
I think it's just a random haunting, Cause if they really wanted to get in contact they would keep doing it.
Other wise you had someone close or a complete stranger who liked you in the past and you two were playing with a ball, other wise they wanted to play ball with you but you ignored them
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
I agree mlycourgos. I read somewhere that it's bad luck to answer when a spirit calls your name. It's said you will become very ill and possibly die. But that's just how the rumor goes. I really wouldn't know, as a spirit's never called my name. (Knock on wood!) 😜
coolcsurf (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
Wow, scary!

I have hallucinations though... They make me hear things that aren't there sometimes.
If this voice really is there--tell yourself over again it's not real. Haha.
mlycourgos (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
About two months ago I was bothered by a spirit. It would come around either close to 12 in the morning or around 3 in the morning. It would not say anything but make a noise. It sounded like it was walking with a cane. It would then stop outside my door and pound his or her cane for about five minutes and then would stop. It did scare me and was very annoying. So far I have not heard from him or her, thank goodness!
mlycourgos (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
I have had a similar experience. I was in the bathroom washing my face and all of a sudden I heard a woman calling my name. It sounded like they were hurt or very tired and spoke my name very slowly. They continued to call my name several times. I thought my mom was upstairs and fell or I do not know what. So I called out to my mom a couple of times. I then opened the door and called up the stairs to the second floor. I got no response so I called her cell phone. This only happened once but scary non the less. I agree with the previous advice. I would not answer when a spirit is calling your name.
connorbenson (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
I before have had the same experiance, but differently, I was lying asleep one night when I was woke up. I don't know what woke me up though 😕 I started to hear my name about 5 times then my mind just went blank and I fell asleep. The next morning I remembered everything but don't know if it was a dream or not. This was not at 3 AM
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-04)
I have read many books on the supernatural and rituals around the world. The hour that the veil is lifted and opened to evil is said to be 11:45pm to 12:15 am. 1/2 hour time frame. Now I know most people say 3am, but I think people may wake in a dream state at that time. But I agree with the others that you should never answer or acknowledge any spirit, that gives it permission to be around and it may not be a good spirit, they are tricky. God bless and keep safe
Zukismom
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
I read that 3 a.m. Is the devil's hour. I don't want to start a religous debate here or anything. If I happen to wake up at 3 a.m., and I do a lot, I stay in bed no matter what.

Now about your story, if you haven't heard this spirit again then it's a good guess that it may be gone. But why take chances? I suggest you cleanse your house. Good luck ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
I find it really weird how 3am seems to be when everyone wakes up and has a spooky encounter. I understand it is supposed to be the "WITCHING" hour, spirits can appear throughout the day, not just 3am. Sorry I know it is irrelevant to the post but I just keep coming across 3am alot.

I would go with Tonith on this one though.
mike8887 (3 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-03)
I know that game.

I've heard loud things at night before that, for some odd reason, nobody else in the house heard the next day. For some reason, whatever it is seems to focus on a specific person. It seems to 'know' when everyone but you is asleep.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-02)
This would have freaked me out quite a bit. I have to ask... If you heard your name said twice and the ball bouncing, wouldn't you get up (and wake your husband) and find out if someone needed help or was in the house causing trouble (and I mean besides checking on the kids).

Very strange occurance.
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
I do a lot of reading about the Spiri t world/weird encounters and in some culture is it said that when a spiri t calls for you. It not a good sign. Mostly it will do harm or it a sign that your going to get sick. I mean really really sick. Ignored the voice and don't answer back either.
longmoua (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
I've read up on something similar to this before in a book. It was about a specter, that calls out your name, and if you answer it, It "supposedly" comes back to harm you.

I don't know if I believe about the "coming back to harm you" part, but I do believe that if you answer it, it may believe it to be some sort of an invitation to stay. Having ignored it two times, it could have thought that it was unwanted and left.

From what I read, I would have to say that it's a specter of a young child poltergeist.

Since this specter called out your name, it most likely followed you home from somewhere and needed your permission to stay.

Others may say that it could've been a guardian angel. Although it's more comforting to think that, I would rather be safe than sorry. 😊
scaredtobealone (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
My sound advice to you is to never acknowledge that you hear this person calling your name. The belief in my culture is that when you think you hear someone calling your name to never answer, because it might be a spirit calling out to you. I've always been told to completely ignore it or never answer and say "I'm coming". If this happens again I think that you should just ignore it.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
I know I have come out of a dream state abruptly and thought I heard someone calling my name. I just chalked it up to not being fully awake. If you woke at 3 am, both nights and heard the same thing then chances are something was trying to get your attention or you just had what they call a reoccurring dream and you may never have that happen again. The state of mind between REM sleep and fully wakening is a very blurred line.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: