You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Dorms

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Dorms

 

Recently, I've moved from one student dorm to another. I hadn't heard anything about any ghost activity until AFTER things began to happen to me. The first few nights, I was bothered by the sound of someone walking back and forth behind me, near the bathroom and closet. I chose to ignore it.

Then a few months down the line, there was much more activity all happening at the same time in one night. It kept me awake and I got NO sleep. While I was lying down, I kept hearing a very odd sound... It was similar to music playing in head phones, but there was nothing on. I checked my IPod and my head phones weren't even plugged in and my roommate doesn't have an mp3 player. The sound was either coming from inside my dresser or behind it.

Also coming from behind my dresser was the sound of someone sweeping, with a broom. I thought "maybe that's coming from upstairs" since we can hear sounds from near by rooms. But as I laid and analyzed more, it definitely came from in front of me in our room. I still tried my best to ignore it. But the moment I buried myself under my comforter, I heard another sound.

It sounded like someone was once again, walking around me behind me, moving plastic bags around or maybe even rummaging through the closet. I didn't bother to look since I knew my roommate was asleep on the other side of the room (about 2 feet away from my bed).

Speaking of my roommate, I ended up hearing some very deep breathing, breathing I would later on hear. I thought "maybe it was the people next door" and no, it got louder and sounded if it was someone was lying in bed with my roommate. You can always tell if the sound is IN your room or in another room.

Later on in this same room, I was awoken one night to my bed shaking. I had still never heard of there being any ghosts in this building at this point so I wasn't making things up according to what others had experienced. Sometimes when half awake, what happens in the real word incorporates itself into my dreams.

In my dream, my bed was being hit by someone angry on a bottom bunk, but then I woke up I thought, "I don't have a bunk bed! Why is it rocking?" and the bed shook so much I ended up rolling into the wall and hitting it with a thud. I lay still and it felt as if someone had climbed into my bed and placed their cold hand on my thigh. I tried to ignore it and eventually, rolled over and thought about random stuff to keep me from thinking about what had just happened.

I eventually joined a facebook group directed towards my student building and saw a post about ghost activity. It seems that other people had experienced what I had and there was supposedly a 7th floor ghost (the floor I'm on). We also hear what sounds like marbles dropping. People from all over the building on different floors that don't know each other have heard these sounds. I've even heard it while on the 10th floor, the highest floor in the building. So no one was above me, yet I was hearing marbles dropping. It was the same pattern each time.

And just today, while lying in bed watching TV I closed my eyes to think without having the cartoon disturb my thoughts, and it felt like someone was pressing down on my back. At one point, I couldn't utter a sound because it was so much pressure. I wanted to alert someone to come check on me but all I could do was weakly knock on the wall. Unfortunately, no one else was in the room with me so crying out or knocking wouldn't do anything. And oddly enough, I heard the same breathing in my ear that I heard beside my roommate a few months ago.

I attempted to jerk away from the pressure but it kept over powering me. Every time I went to move away from it, more pressure would be applied as if it knew when I was going to try to escape. I've never in my life felt so trapped in a bed until this day. At one point, the pressure on my back and neck made me hot. It was as if it had pressed both knees on my back and held my neck down with their hands.

Was it a case of being half sleep and half awake? But how so if I was clearly thinking to myself about how to get out of the situation and even knocked on the wall at one point. I was trying to do anything I could to get away but the "person" was too strong. I have NO idea what is in this room but it is highly unpleasant.

Other hauntings by kjh159

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kjh159, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
What got me thinking is the variaty of the encounters. The thigh touching could be an incubus/succubus, the marbles could be a ghost child playing and the overpowering, incubus/succubus again. Again thanks for sharing!
8baw (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
I'm pretty positive that you have moved out of this dorm by now, since your post was in 2009. If you haven't I hope that you're alright. Chances are it might try to follow you. It likes your fear so be careful.
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-20)
A friend of mine used to tell me her account in a haunted dorm. Once, when she was packing to leave for the summer, she had already unplugged her typewriter but not packed it away, and the keys started tapping as if someone were typing.
grimcarebear (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
I live on a campus that is known to have a haunted dorm. They too also have the experience of hearing marbles dropping from the floor above... When there is no floor above it. This dorm only has 5 floors... But its amazing to have a story that has a similar experience!
kjh159 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
I woke up and then hit the wall. But of course my roommate didn't hear it, she sleeps like a rock. And about the facebook group, I didn't read about their experience until AFTER mine.

About the heat, its above me, the unit itself is in the other room. And yes, I know I can hear other people, but you know when its someone else and if its in your room.
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Maybe if it happens again, just repeat to yourself that this is not real. It is in my "very inventive" imagination. Try & truly believe this. If it does lessen, then most likely it was your vivid imagination, if not call on whatever heroes you can think of, religious or otherwise. Don't be afraid to give it a good scolding either, sometimes that is all they need to leave.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Working from the bottom of this story up:

I think you were half asleep with the tv watching incident.

Have you spoken to anyone in the facebook group about their experiences? Hopefully this group is somewhat honest and not a hoax/joke to play on students.

When you had a dream, did you actually wake up to the bed shaking and fall? If so, did your roommate notice?

Finally the noises, do you have baseboard heat? Or radiators? Old radiators and baseboards can echo noises. Plus remember... Its a dorm. You can usually hear someone doing something
whitewolf1234321 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
wow, that's scarry I no I would of freaked out but then again I would of went out and bought a Bible and opend it. Try it sometime it might work but order for it to you have to change the page each time you feel like its holding you. Or get the dorms blessed might work but the bibel thing dose work oh and next time it happends ask it what it wants a lot of time they don't no they are dead.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
You should try getting the dorms blessed, if you feel very uncomfortable or scared with what is happening.
Or try smuging as well.
It may be a residual haunting, as it is in the dorms, possibly more then one entity?
Goodluck
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Wow, sounds like you got one of those nasty ghosts...
Trust me, I know what it feels like too...
Those things are very disturbing...
To help decrease the activities, try not to let it feel fear from you because that's what gives it motivation to do more...
Show to it that you're not afraid...
You can tell it to go away and leave you alone but you need to consider the risk of it getting angrier...
By doing that, you will either make it go away or make it mad...
Just be careful and remember to try not to be afraid...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: