You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Demon In The Corner

Real Ghost Stories

Demon In The Corner

 

My name is Dan and this event happened to me about ten years ago. I have never told anyone about this account, not even my parents. It was roughly 1999. I do not recall what month but my mother just divorced my father about two or three years ago, and since then she met my step dad and we moved in with him. I had a younger brother at the time who was only three. I do not remember what town we were in, but I do remember what state. We were in Pennsylvania and I believe we were about 10 or 15 minutes away from my future step father's parent's house.

So it was a cold and rainy night, my step father was away on a business trip. I was running a fever that night. I slept down on the couch while my mom and my brother were upstairs. My mom left the television on but it was muted. And I went to sleep. At about, I'm guessing 1:00 am, I woke up. But I knew that something was wrong, something was not supposed to be there. I heard a low dark voice say my name. It was weird because it sounded like the source of my name caller was in a tunnel. But I was already afraid of the dark and believe it or not I still am to this day. I can't go to sleep without a source of joy in the room. I listen to Christian music and Christmas music all year long because of my unexpected visitor that night.

So I looked up, still rubbing my eyes and saw this dark figure in the corner. As strange as this may sound, it didn't react to me getting up off the couch. At first I thought it was my step dad. I got nearer, I got this sudden feeling like I shouldn't get closer. But I did any way. I actually reached out to touch it. That's when this thing hissed at me and showed me what it was. The image still haunts me today.

To be continued.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, primdinolover, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

flyclarinet (1 stories) (36 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
Why are people doubting the story because they don't think demons hiss? Demons can posses people, but they can't hiss? I've read that they growl, so why can't they hiss? Its a very interesting story and i'd love to read the second part.
amk86 (2 stories) (21 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Ummmmm...i don't think so. This does sound made up to me like you're trying to tell a story rather than your real experience. I thought the stories on this site were supposed to be real experiences? But, in the off chance you are serious... You did say you had a fever so my guess would be that it was an hallucination. I don't see why a demon would just stand in a corner and hiss...
Dorion (3 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-03-28)
Sorry but regardless of what the other comments say, I have to call this one a hoax for the following reasons-

Your step-father was away on a business trip, yet you thought he was the shadow in the corner?

You don't remember the town you were in, but you know it was 10-15 minutes away from a relatives house?

I cannot imagine why a demon would hiss.

In my opinion, a hoax.
flamewithin (57 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-05-23)
that was just like a cliff hanger on a tv movie. Please finish it soon ill be comeing back often for the next part of this story.
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
When people are sick they can hallucinate just like a Schizo, I'm not saying this is a lie but it could very well be a possibility.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
TELL US MORE! If this story is fake, you are really good at telling stories, but if it isn't true... TEL MORE!
brainlessbandit (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
I have to examine this story logically, being the practical person that I am. Were you fully aware of your surroundings when this incident happen? If you had a fever that night, you may have been hallucinating. A fever can do that to ya. Have you seen this apparition since?
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
I'm thinking that the fever plus your family break up made you see things... You did say that at first it seemed to be your step father. Maybe you had some negative feelings about him at the time or something.
pandora0791 (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
OMG, you can't do that to people, that is just wrong! Please post the ending soon! Great story so far though but I will however make sure a 'part 1' has 'part 2' posted before reading, lesson learned.
CutishIvy (47 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
listening to christmas or christian music all year long is very good. At least they know that you are belong to God. And to show them proof you should not be afraid of them anymore and remember, the Creator is always at your side and will never leave you.

On the story, oh my, this is an episode, I wondered what happen next... When will the next story be out...? Please post it soon, ok?
minx69 (6 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
Thats no nice! I'm so Hooked now. To ba I'll have to wait like everyone else. I really hope you get the next part out soon
❤ 😲
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
Nice cliff-hanger. I can't wait to read on and see what happens! Thanks for sharing.
asmaa (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
really a great story, it caught my breath while reading it! I wonder what will the next one tell?! 😊
Jitow (362 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
I would blame it on the fever. I was running a fever last week and I put the "I can't believe its not butter" in the pantry instead of the fridge.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
Okay, you have me hooked in. What did it look like and did you actually ohysically touch this being?

God Bless!
shadowman (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
i think its funny it hissed at you wen you went to touch it haha it shows demons are scared of wats in us awsome story I am also a christan and listin to christan music at night it seem that it most of the time keeps things away thanks for shareing hope to hear more
mulvey (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
If this is a hoax, then you have a great future in the scarey story industry. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next.
Saurian89 (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
What was it, anyway. Cause that would scare even me. I'm freaking out already. 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: