You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Slamming Doors At The Gas Company

Real Ghost Stories

Slamming Doors At The Gas Company

 

When my dad was in Mexico in his early twenties he got a housekeeping position at a gas company and to make things rosy it was a graveyard shift.

As my dad revealed to me he was the only housekeeper the first night on his job and he thought he was alone, but little did my dad know, he had a buddy or something to keep him company. Everything was running smoothly until it was time to clean the main boss's office. That's when the ghosts started coming out to play!

When he was inside the main boss's office cleaning up he had left the door open when all of a sudden the door slammed! It slammed with such force he literally jumped. After his heart rate went back to normal he headed towards the door to check what had happened. When my dad opened the door and peeked outside into the hall he almost died of heart failure. Every single door in the hallway had been shut by someone or something after he had left every single one of them opened!

My dad got out that office quicker than a shooting star. After relaxing himself he went into the break room to clean it, but he wasn't even there for three minutes when he was being spooked again. Inside the break room was a fridge and as my dad was looking at the fridge it sounded like someone opened the fridge and slammed the door. The only problem is he heard everything clearly but never saw anyone or anything open the fridge.

Again he got out the break room quicker than a shooting star and in the morning when his boss arrived, my dad told him, "Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to work here, but today is my last day," got paid in cash, walked away, and never looked back.

By:Jackeline Lopez

Other hauntings by jackeline

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jackeline, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-14)
i am a mortician & I have 3 children so it was I had to work the grave shift & take care of my lil' ones during the day. Yes it was VERY interesting. So many spirits & creepies (I could do with out the creepies!) but I'm sure you could imagine the fun I had! Lol!

~~LSD~~
ShadowRyuu (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
Hmm, interesting story. I would have to say I wouldn't have quit if that is all that had happened. Sure it would scare me at the time, but I would quickly get over it. Anywho, that's for sharing.

"Only work with the facts that can't be denied." Shadow Ryuu
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
Yeah this is why I'm never working a graveyard shift unless someone else is with me! That just sounds like a horrible idea to me lol
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
Oh my word, Jackeline.
Can you imagine?
I tell you what, I have worked a few places (during the graveyard shift) that really turned my head, so to speak. Two of those positions were in the janitorial field, another was in a convenience store... And to be honest, I forget where the other one was.
I must be getting old.
I worked in a school that the computer monitors would light up. The service elevator would signal the "calling" of it from a different floor, I would hear the elevator go TO that floor, and no one else was in the building with me. If I would look down into the library from the second floor, I could see where the chairs I had lined up under the tables had been slid across the freshly vacuumed carpet (you know how that leaves a "trail").
I can not BEGIN to tell you how many times I had run, quite literally, to the opposite side of the school, just to get away from my fear.
But, like your Dad, I stuck it out. Well, I actually made it for almost a year, but when things started getting really loud...
Did his replacement, or the one he replaced seem to have similar issues? What did his supervisor say when he mentioned it?
Thank you.
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
I don't beleave it a mexican quiting his job, and you no hes not forgetting his denero. 😆 Mr, Flores

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: