You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Demons 4

Real Ghost Stories

Demons 4

 

After eleven years, everything suddenly stopped.

When I was twelve years old, my mother married her boyfriend who became my step father. They had two beautiful little girls that became my step sisters.

My mother became so busy with two jobs, us kids seldom saw her. My step father also worked long days but I learned early on, he had no tolerance for my fevers or my nightmares. I went to school like my sisters and brother. My nightmares always seemed to come with every change of the seasons. I struggled with them, but learned to set them aside in my head and keep going with my life. Yet, sometimes they would come with so much power and force when I least expected, I would completely become consumed. I paced, walked, talked and ranted to myself. It was at these extreme times that I would give up, and let it take me into the abyss.

My last awake nightmare happened when I was twelve years old. I woke my step father up from his sleep in the middle of the night and pleaded with him to help me fight this heaviness and entity in my room. I paced from room to room trying to fight this negative energy when he grabbed my arm and angrily dragged me from one room to another room, and demanded that I show him where this whatever, whatever it was.

I said it was not something I could see, but something I felt in my heart and mind, and it was here now, with me. Please help me. He got pissed off and told me to knock off my crap because my mother and everyone in the family were sick and tired of my crap.

Two weeks later I ran away from home.

As with most kids that no longer have a home, I went home sometimes, but I always ended up in the streets with ghetto gangs through my teen years.

When I was sixteen, I was arrested for pistol whipping a security guard and I went to a boy's prison. I say boy's prison, because in the 60's there were no reform schools. I spent two years for assault and battery. I came home after serving two years and lived with my mother, my two younger sisters, and a new younger brother. The entire time I was in the boy's prison, I never had one single awake entity experience. I still had the void/abyss nightmares now and then but never the rush of energy that used to overwhelm me at night.

After I was home again with my family for two months, my step father had left my mother and my two step sisters. My older sister and brother had moved on. They both were married, so it was me my mom and my two younger sisters, and my younger brother.

One night, when I went to sleep reading a book, I woke up late in the middle of the night and realized I had fallen asleep with the book on my chest. I opened my window to my bedroom to let the swamp cooler blow air into my room and out the window next to my bed so I could cool off. I went back to sleep, and had the strangest dream. I felt like I was drugged, and sluggish and was in a state of sleep but awake. In my dream, I felt, not saw a person rip the screen and lift up the window next to my bed, and come into the house. At one point, in my dream sleep I saw him step into my bedroom. I saw his first leg step over my window sill and into my bedroom. I saw his shadow slowly pass my bed and go into the hall. I thought I was dreaming and went back to sleep.

Then I heard someone scream. I bolted up and saw my youngest step sister screaming in the hallway across from my bedroom. I reached under my mattress and pulled out my 38 Llama handgun and ran down the hallway. I saw this shadow open our front door and bolt out. I ran down the street emptying my gun in the air. That was the last time I ever experienced a visitation. When I was nineteen I met a girl and moved in with her. Her family owned a Mexican restaurant. We both lived in a trailer behind the restaurant.

I never experienced another awake dream since nor an entity.

I'm sixty three years old, and as most people my age, you reflect on your life, friends, family, lovers and experiences. To this day, those eleven years of my awake nightmares, still fascinate me.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

I read that quote somewhere, but don't know who wrote it.

I love reading all the stories on "Your Ghost Stories." So many stories validate my experience.

Other hauntings by DannyBruise

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DannyBruise, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

oriundusmorimur (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-20)
There's a lot on this site that I have difficulties digesting - not because I necessarily feel as though people are creating miniature hoaxes or lying, but things I don't believe possible happening that validate a logical response (call it science and logic based ignorance if you will), yet somehow amongst all my sceptical views I can't help but see you as creditable. I'm not really sure how much I believe in - I'm atheist so I have troubles with the demon and angel realm of paranormal; about as much as I believe in is 'something' and I haven't quite defined that one yet.

Something about the occurrence with your sister reminded me of shadow people, although I honestly don't know enough about this stuff to make a valid guess and whitebuffalo has already offered many well thought explanations.

Your achievements are incredible and you should be very proud. As for the cat! - It's bigger than my dog! Now that is truly unnatural! As of the person that called you 'bad', I shouldn't think twice about it. Although it is possible that you could be an aspiring mini Hitler, I doubt it some how. I hope you excuse me though, the post he/she made about taking a crap on the floor made me laugh a little bit.

If you have no objection, there is one question I would like to ask (feel free to just ignore it if you would not like to answer): You have said in one of the stories regarding the creepy landlord with the crawlspace (what actually is a crawl space? I mean why do you have them? - that isn't the actual question, aha) that you sensed death - have you ever sensed fear around a historic object that would otherwise fascinate you regardless of a horrible history?

Thank you for sharing - it's been a pleasure to read in a nostalgic sort of way.
auroradarkmoon (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Hello Danny did you ever find out why you got those dreams? Anything negative around, any negative emotions? Was there something you were scared off and did that set of those dreams?
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
jerryhend1

Isn't that the truth. They come in many forms. Sometimes in our physical world, and sometimes in your mind. I often wonder if children's minds are more open to the spiritual world. After all, they have not yet learned to put up walls. Sometimes I think my experience as a seven year old taught me not to put up so many walls.
Very well put jerryhend1.
Gonna read your stories...
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-25)
We all have deamons we fight, be they real or something else, who can say, but good luck and all the the best for you and yours
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Whitebuffalo: Thank you for the response!...I agree that all of our experiences make us who we are, and give us the inner strength... I have been thinking about that issue with illnesses initiating sensitivity...How'd you know that!? 😆...And thinking back, I was very ill as a child, I want to say around 5 or 6, the doctors didn't really know what it was, but the fever was very high, and since we were camping at the time, they ruled it heat exhaustion... My kids have also had bouts of high, unexplanable fever... Each one only once though... They too are sensitive...I'm going to check it out some more after dinner! Thank you! ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Sorry for the delay in answering your questions there, Granny. I had to take an unscheduled trip out of state on an urgent matter and was prevented from bringing along my YGS. How RUDE.
First: Please do not be sorry for us. Had we not lived through all that we have, if I never got the chance to experience all of it, I would not be the person I am today. If I had not felt backed into a corner, I would NEVER have bounced back out of it with the demeanor of a viper. It took me getting ticked to get some answers, where normally I would probably have tried for a few months and then just shrugged and though "Guess I'm not SUPPOSED to know" and just accepted it all.
If I had done THAT, I would never have met some of the people (alive and otherwise), visited some of the places (real time or traveling) or seen any of the wonderful things the Creator has allowed me the opportunity to in this lifetime.
I have been truly Blessed.
Yes, Granny, there is evidence that points to over exposure of mold being at the root of many illnesses. It can be as "mild" as common cold symptoms, straight up to delirium, depending on the sensitivity of the individual involved. The studies done dealt with a variety of household molds, including penicillium, black mold (Stachybotrys), aspergillus as just a few.
What made me first wonder at this as the cause of his illness is that he is allergic to penicillin, yet was prescribed it. That places the mold directly IN his body. IF there were other penicillium mold spores bouncing around, that would have added TO the issue.
Possibly making it "over exposure".

There have also been studies pertaining to high fevers, and long illnesses in association to paranormal awareness. The Rhine Institute has done a case study, and I believe it was the Parapsychological Association that did the other one that had interesting results.
There have also been trauma case studies that seem to point to a variety of traumas initiating sight. What is the most interesting on THOSE studies (for me) is that it would appear that the experience could cause trauma, just a the trauma could cause the experience.
It is all very interesting research. I encourage you to check it out.
Wa-do.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
Danny: If you walk away even, then you're a winner in my opinion!...We never play the live games... I think because my husband is uncomfortable around too many people...He's sensitive and WILL NOT admit it... Oh well, some day he'll see it!...They have a slot at the Palms that when you hit a jackpot, or a certain pot, it gives you a special silver or gold coin... I don't know if they're legal tender, I should ask somebody... 😳...
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-08)
Well zzsgrany,
I stopped gambling with all machines when they went from analog to digital. I always loved the old one-armed bandits and mechanical slots at Denny's...LOL...with simple bars and cherries. Anytime I gamble in Vegas it's either Black Jack... Even though they have a hundred decks, I can still play well enough to walk away winning or even. And I play craps. The last time I was there was in 95, and The "Lucky Strike" in North Vegas still had silver dollar slots. Do you know of any casinos that have silver dollar slots? Talk about energy. For some reason, I always win silver dollars. Last time in 95, I won 4 silver dollars.
Now I'm getting hyper for Vegas and the idea I might win some silver dollars. LOL!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
Danny: I'm always amazed at how small the world really IS...I'm from Warren, Ohio!...Actually, a very small town called Leavittsburg, maybe your wife has heard of it, or not... She probably bleeds orange and brown like most of us from that area!...I have been to the Football Hall of Fame, but so long ago... My Mom lives in Ashtabula... I don't know if you've read my stories, but the place where my grandma's uncle murdered the girl was Gustavus, close to Canton, I think...WOW...I just, I'm amazed! 😆

I remember the first time my husband and I vacationed here and we drove downtown... I was totally speechlessly awestruck!...It's still kind of cool, because of the lightshow on the big roof over the Fremont Plaza, but it's just not the same... And unfortunately, coin machines are a thing of the past... When you cash out the machine spits out a ticket, and makes the sound of coins dropping in the bucket!...Hand pays are no more!...Saves a lot of cash though, because you don't have to tip the machine LOL!...How long has it been since your wife's been to Ohio?...If it's been a long time then she'd be shocked, too... Warren is a ghost town...It's so sad... The effects of the steel mills closing are still being felt... In fact the whole area is depressed... Really sad...

And your "secret" is safe with me! 😆
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
zzsgranny

Just talking about Freemont street and Vegas conjures up so many wonderful memories for me as a teen living with my uncle whenever I could. I loved Vegas in the early sixties. My oldest cousin in Vegas used to take me and my sister cruising Freemont on Friday nights. Freemont used to be the teen cruising street back then. And all the teens used to end their cruising at a burger joint called "The Green Onion." Right at the southern intersection where Fremmont and Charleston met before you got to the Showboat.

Pssst...Don't tell anyone...LOL...but when I first went to Las Vegas in 1958, I noticed all of Las Vegas used silver dollars instead of paper dollars. I've been collecting silver dollars ever since. Even after I got out of the boy's prison and spent time with my uncle in Vegas, I collected Peace and Morgan Silver dollars in a shoe box. They are now in a safety deposit box. I have more than 1200 silver dollars from Las Vegas from the 60's to the 80's. Not to mention all other silver coins. I guess because I was so poor, I horded as many coins as I could. So glad I did, because even to this day, sometimes I will go to my safety deposit box and bring them home and play with them. Much to my wife's chagrin...LOL. She's from Canton Ohio by the way. A beautiful blue eyed blond. Where are you originally from zzsgranny?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
Danny: I didn't move here until 93, but if I'm not mistaken, it was an Albertson's or Lucky's...When I got here it had been sold to Food4less, but because of some issues with the union, they dragged out of town, and sold it to a small company from Arizona called MegaFoods...That's where I came in...Well, Smith's bought out MegaFoods, renamed it Price Rite... Fred Meyer bought out Smith's and Price Rite, Food4Less bought out Fred Meyer, Smith's, and Price Rite, renamed the Price Rites Food4less, Ralph's from California bought all three of those, and then Kroger bought All of THOSE! Wheww... See how things change when you don't pay attention? 😆 My paychecks read Ralph's, and my W-2's read Kroger... But I work at Food4Less!...Can anyone say "monopoly"? 😆

If you haven't been here since the 80's, then soo much has changed...It's hard for us locals to keep up with, let alone someone who hasn't been here for a long time... I miss not being able to drive down Fremont St... That was a blast!

Whitebuffalo: I'm so sorry that you and your daughter had to go through all of that mess... I think it's good that you got her off of the meds though...Sometimes, I question if these so called professionals that we place our trust in have anything better to suggest than medication...That's not to say that no-one needs it, but I think they're so quick to generalize so called "illness", that they forget to look for the root of the problem... Something that you have taken on as your quest for life! 😊...Now am I right in thinking that maybe you believe that mold or other forms of fungus can cause a person to hallucinate, or perhaps become more sensitive?...Black mold is a big thing here... It can wreak havoc in a household... Most of the time, it starts because of the stucco on the houses becoming wet from the lawn sprinklers, and the stucco holds the moisture, it starts to grow and before you know it, it takes over an entire side of the house... At that point, it has to be torn down and rebuilt, after completely scouring the rest of the house... It can be quite a mess... And can cause serious illnesses... Not sure if hallucinating is one of the symptoms or not, I'll have to look that up...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
You just named two of the meds she was on, and that IS exactly what happens, is it not? They become like zombies. She was also on Focalin and Dextrostat.
Stimulants my act (sarcasm is second skin to me at times).
It has been approximately ten years now, and she has grown into the typical testing seventeen year old. She is a very talented artist, if I do say so myself, is extroverted, driven, and an all around good kid. It may have been hades to work through her detox, but it was definitely worth the fists and feet to get it done.
What we would have missed out on, had we kept her on those meds.

Can you also sense high Peaceful energies?

Wa-do.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
whitebuffalo

Thanks so much for sharing. I'm sure it's not easy re-living many of those memories. Many times when I listen about some of the pain others live, I feel very fortunate. You have certainly had your share of a hard life. And I understand that exact protective instinct about your children. Ironically, my youngest son was on Ritalin, then Aderol for six years. He was also born with both feet turned in and was in a lower body cast for a year. So many times in my life, I became consumed with my career that I was too selfish to realize what those pills were doing to his psychi until one week where I took him fishing with me. Just him and I alone in a cabin for a week. I had to give him his medication, and for the first time, I experienced how these pills were effecting him. His personality went from being a little playful pain in the butt to a complete emotionless zombie for more than six hours. After that week, I told my wife...That's it, I don't care about his hyperactivity nor his tantrums and screaming. He's off this crap. And because my wife and I were so busy with our careers, we never stopped to see how this medication was effecting my son. Ironically, it was the child psychologist that had recommended this medication. He's been off of all those pills for more than ten years, and he's simply grown up to be a very normal boy. I've explained to deviousangel I've not experienced many entities that have scared me to the extent of my childhood, but to this day, I have a very strong sense of negative energy. I can tell when a place has negative energy.

No worries about your long post. I enjoy reading about people's experiences on "Your Ghost Stories.com" I love this web site. Can't get enough of it.

Thanks for sharing whitebuffalo, and I hope your daughter all the best. It surely touched my heart.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
Flowers 😊. Just another one of those coincidences.
I am going to have to apologize for the length of this, as I know at the get go it will be long. I am sorry.
I also apologise for posting some links that you were already aware of the information in. I tend to post as much documentation as possible as in the past I have been called a hoax and fraud. If the documentation is present, people are less likely to question it and pick apart comments. I know that YOU know about your fathers heritage, but I knew next to nothing, and the research was to see if perhaps there was some sort of link to the information you were looking for hidden in some of the places that I found some of OUR own non-traditionally documented family facts.
No, it had nothing to do with a swamp cooler, as we did not have one (or any other other such machine, to the best of my knowledge). If I had heard of them before, I simply did not retain any of the information. The nagging feeling that I was having (from a few comments back) while reading through your stories, I believe had to do with all of the similarities.
My youngest daughter was being harassed by something/someone that the rest of us had no knowledge of (Oh, she would give us some awesome descriptions, but the majority of persons that she spoke to about this, never saw anything) beginning when she was approximately six years of age. We were living in a mobile home park on the seedy side of town (in fact, just about a year before we moved into the park a man running from police decided to foot it through there. In the end, unfortunately, one officer lost his life) were she was going through emotions and feeling vibes that were lost on anyone else. She was labeled a "poor" child by the family physician who thought she should be treated with kidd gloves as she got sick at the drop of a temp or two. He was fired as our physician.
She had gotten so "bad" that, a few short years later, we took her to medical doctors, as well as counselors and then a psychiatrist. She was in counseling for several years, on and off several different mind altering drugs. There were three other children (older) in the home, and yet NONE of them experienced anything that she did.
When we moved from that place, I do not recall, honestly, if we ever put one thought to her NOT having the same issues somewhere else, but we were fortunate enough to be able to relocate. The frustrating part was, we thought we had left those "bad" things behind so that she could move forward, but this next house brought stronger feelings and visuals for her. I honestly do not know if it was as she was older, and more able to focus, or recognise what she was going through, or if it were the house, but I know for a fact that that place could not hold a renter for more that a few months after we left that place staying there for only about a year and a half, give or take a few months. We actually only left there as there was a mock gang war that swept through our block and the one next to it leading into the city. A few apartment buildings and houses were shot up and my life partner felt as if he were trapped.
When it seemed like she was bombarded, I took her off all her drugs against the demanding opinions of her doctors. Cold turkey. At the time I figured that drug withdrawals would be a heck of a lot easier to deal with than all these hallucinations. I could not handle them.
Maybe I am a selfish person. My baby girl was going through some crap and it was ticking me off. I went to a variety of sources, begged assistance in others, looked up numerous others and got in contact with a LOT of strangers. We are basically a quiet family. We do not like to share our troubles with anyone. It takes an extra strong bond of sorts for any of us to "spill our guts", so it was not surprising (frustrating, yes, but really, not surprising) that she clammed up about everything.
What WAS surprising was the transference after she quit trying to get one of us to help her. She was still going through all these things, we could tell, but she would NOT go to anyone for help (Who could blame her? She told us of very real things and we put her on drugs).
Right around that time I started having health issues. Normally an extremely healthy individual, I started fainting, having breathing issues, hearing voices, going through high fevers, waking to bruises and scratches on odd parts of my body, began having migraines (which I still suffer from), blood pressure and blood sugar issues, I lost ninety-two pounds in the period of eight months.
The most startling was a cut that required ten stitches on my left wrist. I literally was standing in a room with a box to put up on a shelf when I lifted my arms over my head and realised there was a large amount of blood flowing down my arm. Had my life partner not pulled rank and demanded we to go to hospital at that time (I was simply going to bandage it up and go on with my day) he was assured by the people working on me, that I would have bleed to death as I severed a pretty important artery there. To this day, I have no clue how, or when this happened, as I felt no pain, only the waning of my energy. The scar is still very noticeable, and has prevented me from taking on a few more "stressful" jobs.
I had had three miscarriages in that house (again, normally a very healthy person), and told to be happy with the children I had. Three were "step" (though I NEVER call them that. They ARE my children) and one was of my blood. My final pregnancy had me on bed rest from the start of the second trimester, and only two weeks after the results were in.
This is when the premonitions started. I would feel myself getting "flu", morning sickness, evening sickness, whatever, and then I would have these... Pictures flash in front of me. Some of them were so real, I would swear I was living what I was seeing. Some were like a psychedelic flashback of sorts (yea, I admit, I did some illegals in my time), and yet others were more like what a person would dream. Like a big ol' massive white buffalo coming out of my soon to be sons nursery room closet seemingly chewing on cud.
No rhyme or reason for any of it.
A few years after my son was born, all THREE of us were in the mix with me searching for answers. Not all of them are obvious, and LOTS of them look like child's play at fighting demons, but if they worked, or looked as if they might, we gave it a try.

Without going any deeper into my own, or my families experiences, as this is your page, I have the same thought as you. Not as many years have passed, but I will NOT accept that my child was "poor" and that is why these things happened to her. I WOULD like to know if she was born with this gift, or if something initiated it, but I may never know. I do believe that my son was born with his. Mine, I believe I initiated at some point. I did have a few seemingly paranormal experiences from a young age, but nothing like when my children got involved.
A lot of what I have typed here to you today has never been shared anywhere. I do not know if it is the coincidences or what (a very wise person once told me that there is no such thing as a coincidence, but...) the similarities have me back peddling and rechecking things I thought I already cleared up for myself. Snatching at straws, I guess. All these years...
Wa-do.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
buffallo,
I'm sorry, but I am a bit confused here. You don't know what a swamp cooler is, yet your child became ill by mineral deposits in a machine that was not properly taken care of at the beginning or at the end of the season?
What kind of machine was that?
Now you have me curious.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
whitebuffalo,

I already know most of what you posted as far as links go. I know about my father's yaqui past. Ironically, I've also learned that many of my hallucinations were because I was allergic to penicillin, which is basically a fungus. And I know that fungus will reproduce in a swamp cooler. I guess you could say that out of my brother, sister, my mother, my step father, and later my other sisters and brothers, I was susceptible to some kind of fungus and they were not. That does not explain my symptoms when I lived with my aunt, nor Dona Maria. But I'm willing to go with that as a possible explanation.
But to be honest with you, like with the doctors that said all of my symptoms were because of my allergic reaction to penicillin. I ain't buying it. You had to be in my shoes to experience what I experienced. Ironically, long after I left the world of swamp coolers and lived in the world of air conditioning, like with my aunt, the awake nightmares did not stop.
I know exactly what I experienced. It's completely embedded in my mind. Seriously, think about it. How could a sixty three year old man have such an incredible memory of what happened at seven years old? It will never, ever leave my mind.

So I give up... What is your last name?
Wanka Tanka?
LOL...just kidding.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
I wanted to point one more thing out to you. You mentioned that polar bears, big cats and buffalo are among your favorite animals. In The Way, that would seem to point to your animal guide. If one has an affinity towards a particular animal, it is generally thought that there is a lasting connection there, likely in the Spiritual world.
I went seeking exactly what a Yaqui Indian WAS (meaning, what they stand/stood for, their history, how many number strong are they... I did that as I was trying to locate that Internet information that you mentioned one day you WILL find.) and I found a connection there.
Many people would not see some of the connections that I do. Just thought I would state that.
While searching through http://www.manataka.org/page129.html, I found out that flowers are very important in the daily, and ceremonious lives of the Yaqui people. "...Flowers are believed to be powerful weapons against evil and are a prevailing symbol seen in elaborately embroidered floral designs on traditional Yaqui clothing."
Wanna take a stab at my last name is?
Wa-do.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
You know what, Danny? I have been re-pouring over your accounts because I just had this odd feeling that I was missing something that should be obvious. I went in search of a swamp cooler, by any name, because several years ago when I posted one of my first accounts, MOLD is what was pointed out to me as it pertained to one of my children's issues.
According to http://www.ehow.com/how_5821248_prevent-legionella-pneumonia-swamp-coolers.html, the symptoms of illnesses that you had after moving into that house, mirror "typical" symptoms that occur when mineral deposits (and a variety of other things, as well) are not properly taken care of at the start of the season, or at the end of the use of the machine for the season.
It would be difficult to try out a test or two as this was so long ago. I had that same issue. I think the main reason I am like a pit bull about it is because it would answer a multitude of my OWN questions about our past. Anyway, I will let it go.
I thank you for your patience in explaining it out for me.

Actually, I am Italian, twice removed from the Home Land. I was ceremoniously named at my marriage. If you are truly interested in that story you can find it here: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=3717. I have spent many years in the Native community as an advocate as well as a teacher. Not in the organised sense (meaning no class room walls will hold us in), but a mentor of sorts.
Wa-do.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
Whitebafullo

An evaporative cooler has an area on the bottom that holds about 5 gallons of water. There is a circulating motor pump with hoses that go to the three tops of a housing that are basically stuffed with simulated hay (shaved wood made from balsa wood because balsa would swells and holds more water than hard wood) where the water runs across a small trough on top of each of the three sides with small holes in them so the water can spread down and through the shaved wood contained in the metal side.
And of course the water runs down to the bottom and gets pumped back up. Basically it's circulating water. The longer the cooler is on, the colder the air will be because it's drawing air from the outside and through the wet shaved wood and into your house. But they become practically useless when the humidity is very high. And that's because the air outside is full of hot moisture. So instead of your cooler drawing in plain air, it's drawing in hot wet air. My step dad used to add ice to the water on the bottom on those days.

By way, are you part Indian? Curious about the name whitebuffallo. Polar Bears Big cats and Buffallo are some of my favorite animals. That's why the movie Dances with Wolves is one of my favorite movies.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
I am truly NOT trying to sound stupid, I missed out on small electronics in school as I guess I figured that course in urban folk dancing was a mite more important (By the by, thank you BOTH, granny and Danny for explaining them out). Ah, the decisions we make when we are young...
IF I am reading both of the explanations correctly, an evaporative cooler is little more than the ancestor of a "starter" air conditioning unit. A few steps back from the current models and a gigantic step up from the bowl of ice sitting in front of a fan running on high (which we use in MY house). Please correct me if I am wrong, as all that would do is clear things up in my mind. 😊
That gives birth to another thought, though. Does an individual have to change out the water? Or does the same water (save for what may be evaporated, or lost by other means) continually filter through? The filters, or pads... I would think (almost typed "assume" there) they would need changed out periodically, much like the filter in a fish tank or a furnace. Would that be right?
Small detail for a seven year old to take in, but do you recall either of those things happening while you lived there?
You may never have SEEN the neighboring family while they were living, but you DID get a fairly good description from Dona Maria. When I mentioned in my last comment that "that is all you", what I meant was that this MAY not be an "ordinary" dream. I firmly believe, by your description, that you are ethereally traveling. It is VERY close to astral traveling (which I have recently become more familiar with) save for in ethereal travel, you travel in the Spirit Realm. In astral travel, you can stop in at Granny's there and try to make contact, or just say hello. SOME people are able to SEE or SENCE a person who has traveled to their location. There have also been numerous documented accounts from both sides of that experience.
Ethereal travel is your Spirit going to where other Spirits are (not live persons. The Spirit world) and communicating through various means. Maybe this family is NOT the same (DOES it have a son, a daughter, a newborn, man and woman) members? I know you are fighting this thought, but it is a possibility that you have been introduced to the family to learn something. I have learned very recently that you do not have to KNOW a person for them to have an important message for you.

I know EXACTLY what you mean about heat versus humidity, there Granny. I remember when I got "home" from a particular tour of duty while in the service, and I was rerouted to California for some post traumatic counseling (what better place to sit and heal than by the ocean? Kind of unthinking of the military to send someone from one litter box where horrendous things occurred to ANOTHER litter box to heal, but...). I distinctly remember the temperature being at least forty degrees cooler, but MAN, it was SO much HOTTER! The only real thing that seemed to cool me off (The barracks were a BAD place for MOST of us coming back, at the time) was sitting on the beach and catching the ocean spray. There would be a whole line of us out there sitting on the beach, not saying a word to one another, and just staring out over the water...
TOO funny about the nickname! You know, I just MAY have to start using it myself... 😆
Wa-do.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-06)
zzsgranny
If you ever meet a man or a woman with the name Chester Green Junior, that would be my uncle. My mom's Irish side of the family. And if I recall zzsgranny, wasn't food for less at one time an Albertson's in the 80's?
That was the last time I was there.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Danny: I work at the Food4Less on the corner of Flamingo and Decatur... I wonder if I know your uncle?...Wouldn't that be a trip? 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Whitebuffalo: we still use swamp coolers here in Vegas, as the summers are very hot and VERY DRY... Though sometimes, they will make the room even worse, because of the humidity... That line "it's not the heat, it's the humidity" takes on a whole new meaning here! 😆...122 degrees is hot, humidity or not!...Also, I'm really amazed by the paralell between the owner of "your" row house and Danny's...That's just too wierd...

And this has nothing to do with any of this, but when my kids are being, well, silly for lack of a better word, I call them Mr. Or Mrs. Doomas! LOL 😆
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
zzsgranny

Thank you so much for your hospitality.
Kind of Ironic, My uncle lives off of Decatur and Flamingo. I know when I visit him, I take Charleston north and turn on to Decatur. I think. Not sure. But I also know that MacayoVegas North has a restaurant on north Charleston.Wow!
How strange is that?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
Danny: Sorry to say, but I wasn't born here...I've been here for 17 years, so I guess that makes me a native as much as anyone though! 😆...The town has changed tremendously since we've been here... If you haven't been here for a long time I'm sure you'd be totally shocked!...The Macayo's is still there, and a GREAT place to eat... They have a couple of other's also, and a few little mexican oriented grocers... You probably remember the area that I live in now as nothing but dirt roads... I live in Spring Valley... Between Rainbow and Decatur, just off of Flamingo... Geez it would be nice to see you if you decide you need a vacation or something... My husband loves company, he loves to show off the new casinos and stuff... 😆...Sometimes, when I see Las Vegas on tv, it's hard to believe it's where I live!
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
zzsgranny,

I suddenly had a revelation. Were you born and raised in Las Vegas Nevada?
The reason I ask is because when I was there in the early sixties living with my uncle, I went to John C. Freemont Junior High and also Las Vegas High School. We lived only blocks away from Las Vegas High School on Clark and 10th Street. I was a busboy at the first Macayo Vegas Mexican Restaurant on Charleston. And also worked as a busboy at the Aku Aku Polanisian Restaurant at the Stardust.
My thrill about working at the Macayo Mexican Restaurant is seeing Betty Grabel and Harry James with their beautiful daughters every Wednesday night. I also saw Carol Burnett, Frank Sinatra, Peter Lawford and his wife... I forget her name... But she was a Kennedy. I saw so many more. Too long a list to post.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Whitebuffalo

I'm fine with "Danny" whitebuffalo.
My neighborhood name is DannyBoy. That's because my mother was half Irish. Anytime I hear someone say "DannyBoy!" I instantly know it's someone from my old neighborhood. As you can guess, I was very well known in my neighborhood... Not for anything flattering by the way...ahem. But at 63, I prefer Danny... Or maybe DannyMan. Just kidding.

As to your question about a swamp cooler. In the 50's and 60's and probably even to this day their actual names are "Evaporative Coolers. That's because they don't use a lot of electricity. They are basically a fan with wet pads on three sides with water wetting the pads with a circulating pump and blowing cool air into your house. The term "Swamp Cooler" comes from the fact that these coolers have a lot of moisture, and your entire house will be sweating from the moisture.
In the fifty's they were very simple. A propeller looking fan that turned and blew air into your house.

As for the people next door and their description. I never saw them. They were dead over a year before my family moved into the duplex. But the description I got from Dona Maria was that they were a caucasion family, and very nice people. They had a son, a daughter, and a newborn. He worked at the brewery..."A1 Pilsner Brewing Company", and she worked at the dairy just across from our yard at least 20 yards behind our out-house.
Everyone in the neighborhood was in shock about what happened. They can't explain it, nor do they understand it. Sometimes I wonder if my dreams about this family were influenced by Dona Maria's description. I still have dreams/nightmares to this day about that family and the abyss by the way.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
"...At midnight all the agents
And the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone
That knows more than they do
Then they bring them to the factory
Where the heart-attack machine
Is strapped across their shoulders
And then the kerosene
Is brought down from the castles
By insurance men who go
Check to see that nobody is escaping
To Desolation Row..."

Could there BE a more accurate, or depressing picture painted of the reality sometimes felt there, Pjod?
Could not help but echo that it is one great song.
Please excuse the aside, DannyBruise.
Wa-do.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Oh my Lordy did you just open up another book for me, Danny (oh, say, is it alright for me to call you that?)! I will get to that in a minute.
Something has been nagging at me ALL DAY long. The swamp cooler. Can you explain them out for me? What was the use of them?
For SOME reason, the words will not leave my head. It is almost as if the words are pointing to something that I may be missing (heck, it could just be because I do not understand what/where/why they are there).

OK, with that out of the way...
FIRST: Doomas (Do mahs) is the man who is in charge of the row houses across MY street (Forgive me, YEARS ago the kids in the neighborhood named him such as he appeared to be a "Dumb A" to them. He is actually a very sweet, but deranged young-old man). HIS quirk is to go out at approximately four every morning and plow the lot of the tire store right next to the row houses.
He does this all on his own, snow or not, with a hockey stick.

I digress.
The family that you see while in what I believe to be you ethereally traveling, would it happen to have the same "members" as the family that once lived in the neighboring duplex? IF so, do something for me, just for a minute, OK? Replace "a family" with their description, and read that paragraph to yourself.
Do it out loud if you need to.
What did you see?
<Nodding> Uh huh. THAT is all YOU.

As for your sister.
How to explain this out delicately?
I am still wondering at the history of the family next door. I do not know why.
The man that YOU saw, and the man that seemingly accosted your sister DO NOT have to BE the same entity. Could be that YOUR man was a drunkard from the east side, across the tracks, who decided to go out for a walk after a few juice boxes, and found himself on the wrong side of the tracks, facing his arch-nemesis. Could be your sisters man was the Father of the children next door, leading one to think undesirable things of the dead. Could be the other way around. Or it even could be that your Father found you all in this new place. [COULD he have after death? Yeeeeeeaaa, but he would have to have been an Intelligent haunt. Going ONLY on what I can right now recall of these segments without flipping back to them, there really is not enough to go on to be able to ascertain if YOUR man WAS residual (which I lean towards) or Intelligent.]
Having been very close to the experience I FELT through the description of what your sister did immediately following, he was a predator.
In life.
To find HER man, I would suggest looking up a few histories on sex offenders due to the deduction process.
Wa-do.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-04)
Whitebuffalo,

You have interesting observations.

On the part of my experiences not being that bad, in retrospect, I agree. But at seven years old, I think the fear inside of me was so powerful and more than I could handle, that every time I had one as I got older, I think the memories of my experience at seven took me into a panic mode.

As for the shadow, my sister said she was too sleepy to see any detail, but what scared her the most was the breathing and panting, and that with the shadow made her scream.

On the Indian Row, now that so many people have recognized and explained their take on Indian Row, I realize that the building that was burning when we moved into our house was actually a row of small houses connected to each other with each one having their own out house in the alley behind them. And zzsgranny said that at one time Denver Colorado was called Indian Row. The two things that fascinate me about that is that's where my mother met my father. Also, my father is half Yaqi Indian, and my mother's family are all from Idaho, Utah, New Mexico and Colorado.

I should explain my neighborhood, only because the fire across from our house was actually an explosion caused by a very strange demented old man who was the landlord and caused all the people to move out because he began going crazy and arguing and screaming to no one in his house in the middle of the night. No one ever saw him during the day. Only at night, and he never turned on his lights. He used candles. After midnight every night, he would walk up and down the street with a broom cleaning the road. Not just in front of his house, but the entire block. He also kicked small insignificant pebbles off the road. No one knew his real name, but they nick named him Juan Dick because he was so mean.

As for the family in the other duplex, I know very little. But ironically sometimes I would see a family in some of my abyss nightmares. I would be walking on a path on a side of a mountain, and I would see this family across the way on another path. No more than 50 or so yards. Close enough that we often waved to each other. I would look away, and when I looked back, they would be miles and miles away in an abyss. Then everything would change. The color in the sky would change to a nightmarish black and grey void, and I would find myself struggling across an incredibly hellish landscape trying to get somewhere. Never knew where though.

Thanks for your insight Whitebuffalo.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: