You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Stranger In The Room

Real Ghost Stories

Stranger In The Room

 

My papaw actually told me this, its not a personal story but it freaked me out a little bit and I would like to share it.

When my papaw was in his upper 20's or so he worked away and stayed in a hotel room alone. He said it was usually pretty quiet every night and nothing out of the ordinary ever happened until one night when he got back to the hotel room a little early and decided to go ahead and go to sleep. He said that he remembered having his arm hanging off the bed as he went to sleep.

Sometime during the night he said he woke up but wasn't sure what exactly woke him up. He looked up and saw a woman standing over him, she took his hand and gently put it back on the bed so that it wasn't hanging off the bed anymore. She then stepped back into a shadowy corner and disappeared. He thought he was dreaming so he just closed his eyes and went back to sleep.

The next morning as he was leaving the hotel to go to work he stopped and talked to the front desk worker for a minute and decided to ask if he had heard anyone ever say anything had happened to them in that room or anywhere else in the hotel. The worker looked at him and told him that he was surprised my papaw hadn't said anything sooner, because something strange usually happens a lot sooner than it had.

The worker said that there was just something about that room, they weren't really sure what happened in that room or why it was being haunted. But as far as he knew it wasn't a harmful spirit. My papaw then asked the worker exactly what people usually saw and sure enough he said that they usually saw a woman, but sometimes people would see a little boy as well.

He never saw the woman again through his stay at the hotel, though he told me he wished he would have so he could try to communicate with her. He said he could just feel that she was a good spirit; he said she probably just wanted someone to talk to.

Thanks for reading

Other hauntings by ShelbyLea09

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ShelbyLea09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ShelbyLea09 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
Haha I know, but it kind of freaked me out when he told me this! I would have been scared to death if a spirit grabbed my hand! But I'll be posting a few more that are creepier 😁
creepydog (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
That was a great story! Next time since you did a sweet one this time you should do a really frightening one it would really shock people! 😁 😁 😁
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
This is more like the paranormal encounters I have had. Very sweet story and I like the fact that your papaw dodn't get scared.
Watchful (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Aw...! I love stories about sweet spirits. 😊 It's a nice change from the scarier side of the paranormal. Thanks for sharing! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: