You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scrub Shoes

Real Ghost Stories

Scrub Shoes

 

I've been a lurker YGS for years already. Ghost stories gives me too much ecstasy but ironically, I am phasmophobic. I get to see several entities, I never really knew if was part of my playful imagination or genuinely real.

Here goes one of my many experiences.

I live in a slums area in Pasig, year 2012. I was on my way home from work and it was around 8pm. There was a light rain that time. I got off from a jeepney and parted ways with my office mate.

While I was walking under the rain, it was very dark and no other people can be seen walking around the area.

A minute later, there was a female nurse walking behind me, holding an umbrella and wearing scrub shoes. I felt relieved as I get to have someone accompany me on that eerie night walk under the rain.

There came my turn in the alley. I was really hoping she get to turn too so I can have someone to walk with.

It wasn't a really long alleyway but at the other end of it, there was this man drunk-walking. I got nervous so I took a glance on the lady behind me and felt relieved again after seeing I still have company.

I walked in a hurry hoping to grab the rest I wish to have the soonest. As I walk faster, I can hear the lady's footsteps get faster too. I was puzzled and thought that maybe we're both nervous of what the drunk-man could do to us. I took another sight for a couple of times, and she was there. She's really copying the pace of my steps as I can hear her scrub shoes squeaking. Still puzzled, I had my fifth look at her and ALAS! She's gone. In an alley? With no other pathways. Goosebumps all over my back, I ran as fast as I could to get home.

All the people in the house panicked seeing me in such a pale-staring-off-space state. After a few minutes, I was able to tell them my encounter with a nurse. They immediately went outside to look for the lady I saw. But as expected, none.

Until the next morning, they get to ask the neighbors if they knew someone who works in a hospital in the area and yeah, not a single soul they knew.

Until now, I still don't know if it was just my imagination but I've been battling with the thought that I get to take a glance (plenty of times) at her and hear her footsteps for real.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Toyang, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-11)
Toyang - My first reaction was similar to lady-glow's comment regarding the lady being a protective spirit.

Another thought I had was that the lady's presence might have been residual but then she would not have tried to keep up with you as that shows intention on her part and a residual presence has no intention, as far as I know.

Unfortunately we don't always have all the answers.

Regards, Melda
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-10)
My question would be if the drunk man saw her vanish and with her, any bad intentions he might have harbored towards both of you. 🤔

Perhaps she was a protective spirit making sure you got home safely that night.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: