You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Should Of Stayed At The Wedding

Real Ghost Stories

Should Of Stayed At The Wedding

 

My aunt Reyna was having a wedding in Nayarit, Mexico, during my winter break in 9th grade, so my parents, my sisters and I packed up and flew to Mexico. I wasn't the festivals type of gal so I got bored real quick during the reception, not to mention both of my sisters were young and falling asleep in their chair, bored out of there minds. My dad decided to take us to my grandmas house, he warned me that no one was going to be home because they were all attending the wedding, so if we were to get bored we couldn't ask to come back. Now I only visited my grandmas house four times and I was real little so I didn't know all the nick and knacks to the house, like were certain light switches are, or how to unlock certain doors.

So I found it easier to just stay upstairs in the room we were staying in and draw and watch TV. I found myself getting really sleepy so before I dozed off I told my sisters to stay upstairs and keep the noise to a minimum and warned them not to play on the spiral stairs right outside our door because it was old and could fall (my grandmother kept it because it was beautifully designed and she loved it, but it wasn't sturdy so we used the outside staircase.)

I must of fell asleep for a good 3 hours because when I was awaken it was dark and even more dark in the room, I woke up to my sister shaking me to wake up. I looked up at her, her young face terrified.

She said she was in her room and heard foot steps coming up the spiral staircase she went out to see if it was my dad back from the wedding but there was no one there. Of course this was odd right off the bat because no one was allowed on that staircase. In my half being asleep I told her if she heard it again to come get me, 10 minutes passed and she came running to me. Horror filled my veins I felt uneasy and felt like someone was watching us. Right away I told my sisters to put on their shoes, we were leaving, and something just felt wrong.

As I shut our room door behind me I heard it... The foot steps, I was standing right by the staircase at the time, my eyes grew wide I grabbed my sisters hand and ran out to the staircase in the backyard. My plan was to get out of the house through the gate as to not actually have to go through the house, but when we got there I realized the gate could only be opened through the other side. I started to panic and my sisters starting to cry because I was panicking I knew we had to go through the house. My grandmother always kept the back door opened so there was no problem getting in.

There was a narrow hallway before you turn right in to the kitchen so I told my sister to walk in front of me. It was completely dark the only light coming in was from the window in the kitchen, just then I felt someone grab for my hand I got a little agitated and told my sister to go in front of me, then I heard them both say they were my heart started pounding. I ran behind them grabbing their hand and leading them to the front door.

When we reached it to my horror I realized that my dad had locked the front door iron screen type thing that too needed a key to open it from the inside. I grabbed the bars and shook it with all I could and started to cry because I was so scared. Just as I turned to face the hallway because I knew that's where my grandma hung the keys, the kitchen light turns on. Then I hear the back door swing open, it's made out of iron so it made a horrible noise when it hit the wall. I turned back around and shook the bars with more force, my sisters huddled next to me crying for our parents. Just then I felt the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up more, if it was possible.

I remember waking up in my aunt's house three doors down. She started telling me that one of the neighbors walking by saw me shaking the bars and screaming and afterwards I just fell to the floor

My mom has told me that house was spooked but I never really believed it. She told me how her brother was shot at by gangsters but he managed to make it home but died shortly after, in that house. She's experienced things in that house too as a child, but she doesn't find it as a threat because it's her own brother. Lets just say when I attend another family function I'm staying put.

Other hauntings by normajean

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, normajean, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-23)
That was probably your deceased uncle just trying to say hello to you all.
sharon (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
i don't think id be able to handle that what so ever. Scary shiat, It gave me shivers reading it! 😨 love Sharon oxox Question! Dose anyone know how to change your name?
pinkyred77 (5 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
Hi Normajean, your story is one of the scariest story I have read in this website. It must have been really awful for you and your little sisters. When you passed out, what happened to your sisters? Did they saw something or felt anything? I can't imagine how I would react if it happened to me. Yes, I would be protecting my little sisters and maybe pretend to be brave ONLY if it happened at home not in other house. Thanks for sharing your story. I really enjoyed reading it.
AlDaMa (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-04)
Great experience. I know because I've gone through pretty scary stuff down there. & that's beside the crime going on right now in the northern states. Lol
normajean (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
velvet,
To answer your question, that particular house wasn't haunted before my uncle died, but the house next door, was known for pots banging in the middle of the night, and a women walking around in the backyard at night, it was said that there was money buried there. This was witnessed by the nieghbors on both sides of the house

Thanks all for reading my story. Another one is on its way, just waiting for it to be publish. Hope to hear from you guys.
normajean (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Thank you all for commenting. Sorry I responded so late, but to answer some questions. Rhodes68, my mom as well as her siblings expierenced stuff as children, they actually lived in the Cayejon del diavlo (SORRY FOR MY SPELLING) which means street of the devil, as kids. But the house that is now my grandmas is one street away from there, I guess the expierences fallowed them?
Yes, that was my only expierence, in that house
enoughghosts (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
I feel so sorry for you, you must have been terrified. I'm surprised you slept again.
I hope to be hearing more from you:D.
Your a true story teller bi xx ❤
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
I loved your story, it scared me just reading it. Another thing I like about this story is that its original and believable. I had a question; Wasn't the house haunted before your Uncle died. You mentioned that your Mother experienced things as a little girl right?
Again thanks for sharing.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Hey I just want to say I know how scary things can be in Mexico. My family is from Mexico and I have heard more stories than I wanted to. I'm glad you and your sisters are okay. It was very nice of you not to leave them behind.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Hello normajean. First let me say that you did have a very frightening experience and it was most likely paranormal in nature. With this said, let me offer another "explanation". You were 14 years old and your sisters were even younger. You were in an old, strange house and heard a noise (old houses make noise) and got scared. Fear got the upper hand and you passed out. I'm not saying this is really what happened but it is something to think about. Thank you for sharing your story with us, I really enjoyed it. Take Care.

FRAWIN
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
That is something I wouldn't want to go through as a child. That was very scary. I wonder why your parents didn't tell you about anything. Maybe they were scared that you would be scared to. When you visited your grandmas place before did you feel anything? Thanks for sharring this very interesting story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
Considering you were about 14 years old you could have done much worse in a terrifying situation like that. At least you tried to get to saftey and you didn't leave your siblings behind. I have heard that people can pass out from fear because the mind can only take so much before it will just shut down. It's like a saftey measure. I guess it could have been the spirit of your uncle and I'm sure he didn't mean to scare you all so badly. No one got hurt and that's what matters. I hope this experience didn't scar you or your sisters. You just had a run in with the paranormal and most of us would have been just as frightened even as adults. You did good kiddo.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
That must have been a dreadful experience, no wonder why you'd rather do anything else than stay in that house with your sisters while the rest of the family is away!

I was wondering though, since you say you'd been in your grandma's house four times already, was this experience the only one you had? Was your mom the only one in the family who had scary encounters in that house for years?

By the way, thanks for sharing your story.
rjblaze215 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
make sure you do this next time. Instead of paniking (if its an evil spirit.) stay calm and focus. Do not ever show a spirit that you are scared because they will think they have the upper hand. Be brave and say "in the name of jesus" then tell the spirit what you want to say.i've encountered evil and good spirits and yes they can understand clearly what you sauy so don't even say something as if you are scared. Well for me I have a good spirit in here and he even helps me out. One day I 4got to set the alrm clock for work and guess what woke me up. A chill all around my body and I seen a male ghost. Nice guy. Even when I watch funny shows I feel him beside me saying"hahaha"kind of scary but I got used to him being here. Soon I will talk to him about moving on and resting in peace. He has helped me enough. Good luck with everything 😊
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Oh, my dear, how awful for you and your sisters! It would have scared me out of my wits, and I'm an adult, so I can just imagine that your fright was even beyond that.

Maybe someone should have told you about your uncle--I don't know if that would have made it better or worse, though. Somehow I think it might have been a little easier for you and your sisters if you could have said something like, "It's all right, Uncle ___, we're fine. Thanks for checking" rather than simply not knowing that it was a relative.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: