You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Crayons

Real Ghost Stories

Crayons

 

This story takes place in St. Louis, Missouri, my hometown. I still reside in St. Louis, but I no longer live in the house where I grew up. My parents still live there and claim that the house is no longer haunted ever since it was blessed. From what I remember, it was definitely haunted. There had been many incidents, but one that I vividly remember took place when I was about 13 years old.

I have a younger brother named Carlos, and at the time he was ten. My mother was a janitor at an elementary school, and earlier that day, she had brought home a very large bucket of crayons. Carlos and I spent the rest of the day coloring in our room. It was about 9pm and my father said it was time for bed. Carlos and I shared a very small room with bunk beds. He got the bottom bunk and I got the top. We didn't feel like going to bed, so I took a handful of crayons and climbed to the top bunk and started throwing them at my brother who was lying on the bottom bunk. He would throw some back at me. We were laughing loud and we got really rowdy, so my father stormed into the bedroom and said, " What the heck are you kids doing?! Clean up these crayons and get your a**es to bed now!"

Quickly we cleaned up all of the crayons and threw them back in the bucket. My little brother and I feared our father. We were so afraid of him that we slept in the same bunk on the bottom. We passed out and at about midnight my brother woke me up.

He said, "Jasmin I am scared, look out the door down the steps..." Our bedroom door was right in front of the steps that lead to the downstairs' reception/lobby area. I looked down the steps and the light in the lobby was flicking on and off in a pattern. The switch was loud since it was one of those switches that make a loud click when you flick it. We could see the switch flicking up and down from our bedroom, but no one was flicking it. We both grew very frightened. I told him to ignore it and it was probably defected. I didn't want him to be scared, but I knew I was really scared. I turned away from the steps and fell asleep.

Later that night, Carlos woke me up again. He said, "Jasmin wake up, I am scared..." I awoke and our bedroom door was now closed and it was pitch black in our room. Carlos said "Listen, it sounds like crayons hitting the walls..." I listened for a few seconds and that is exactly what it sounded like. I was very afraid, so I pulled out a flashlight that we kept under the bed. I turned it on, looked around the room, and saw nothing. No crayons flying against the walls and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

We continued to listen and the noise never stopped. Finally, we fell asleep. When we woke up the next morning, to our surprise the crayons were all out of the bucket and all over the floor. There were crayon markings on the wall, as if someone threw crayons at the walls and left little dotted markings. We were terrified.

We cleaned up the crayons and threw them away. We told everyone in the house what had happened, but Carlos and I were the youngest of all the children and everyone thought we were immature. They believed we made the whole story up.

Years later I brought the story up to my older brothers and sisters and they believed me since it was years later and I was still claiming the story to be true.

Please feel free to comment.

Other hauntings by Jasmin314

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jasmin314, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Welcome back Jasmin.

You know what makes me wonder? Did this family keep to themselves because they liked to be distant or because they were facing hardships or was it because of being too busy dealing with an "overwhelmingly active" home.

Unfortunately in these situations where info about a family is limited, one can easily make the wrong speculations!

I would be very curious to find out more if I could. Maybe if you approached the neighbor again you might learn something more.

I'll be looking forward to any update concerning your home.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
All right everyone! I have done some research. I asked my neighbor, Sue, about the former tenents that were living in our home before us. Sue has been living on that block for 40 years! She grew up in this neighborhood and she has seen MANY MANY families come and go. My family has been living in that house now for 17 years (ever since I was three). Anyways, Sue says that the family that lived there before me was a big family as well. Sue said that There was a German woman living there with her 12 children! The husband passed away shortly after moving into the home. They lived there for about 20 years. As time went, the children grew up and went too. Eventually the woman lived alone with her two youngest children. Then one day, the moving truck appeared and just like that, the family was gone. Sue said that the family kept to themselves and hardly ever talked to any of the neighbors. The children were all very shy and were mostly in their house all the time. When we moved in this house in the very early 90s the house needed major remodeling. The wall paper looked like it was from the 60s as well as the flooring and carpeting. I didn't get any info from the family before them, because my daughter started to get very whiny and I had to take her home. I thought this info was very interesting though. Any questions?
Georgie252 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
Omg your brave to have stayed in that room I would of ran! Did anything else happen in your house? Good story! 😁
senseye (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
i wouldn't dare turnin on the flashlight it's just too creepy!
Im amaze how brave you are in all your story even though it all freaked you out. Keep it that way.

This story will add up to my favorites.

Hope to hear more!
TC
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-07)
Well Jasmin I have to say its very nice to have you around here. I realy liked this story. I believe that this was poltergeist activity. Not all are that harsh but sometimes they can be very scary. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
Thanks again Jasmin for one more thrill!

I don't know but this one sounds more like poltergeist to me. You were in the right age for such energy, let alone that this one seemed to be a very "playful" spirit.

There are theories claiming that poltergeist doesn't involve an external source of energy and others that claim the opposite. I tend to agree with the second theory.
sydjv (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-06)
wow, that's really frieky. I would be super scared to stay in that room anymore... I loved the story it was interesting!
DarknessEmbraced (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
that's a great story, I would have freaked out. I'm not much a fan of seeing things move and no one there moving them. Thanks:)
shanky621981 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
Hi Jasmin, I know it must be really bad experience to witness such instances but what I can feel that it has happened to me when I was in school. I was crazy for video games. I used to play them for hours. There was this feeling when I was not playing and when there was absolute silence in the room I could hear the sounds of the video game. That is true because I verified with my friends as well! May be your incidence is related to something that I feel

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: