You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Click, It's 3 Am

Real Ghost Stories

Click, It's 3 Am

 

As a child I hated the dark, it brought about scary shadows and monsters that were of course all in my head. I had to have a nightlight in my room or else I would not be able to go to bed. When I got older I slept under the covers so that no ghost or monster could see me. Getting older still--around the age of 13--I slept peacefully without the covers over my head and without a nightlight plugged in. I had convinced myself that no harm would come to me and that was how I fell asleep, telling myself that it would be alright.

I had gone to sleep this particular night right away. My head hit the pillow and I was immediately asleep. However, I woke up in the middle of the night, nothing seemed wrong to me yet. It was only when I looked at the clock and saw the numbers reading 2:59 did I realize what was wrong. Before I could turn the other way the clock changed. Click, it was now 3:00. I turned back around telling myself, 'it's just a coincidence, you'll be okay.' I shut my eyes and tried getting back to sleep.

Something seemed to stir in the room as I was trying to fall asleep once again. My room began to get hotter and hotter by the second and to me what was actually seconds felt like minutes. I threw the covers off to find that there was no change in heat, I felt my forehead and I was neither sweating nor coming down with a fever. It wasn't me, it was the room. Eventually I got to sleep that night.

The night after that was no different, throughout the whole week I continued to wake up exactly 5 seconds before my bedside clock changed to 3 am. One night I woke up, completely used to the routine of waking up at 3, feeling immense heat, and then going back to bed. The night's routine had been broken though, and when I watched the blue letters change to that dreaded hour I also watched my bedroom door open.

Sure I wasn't wearing my glasses or my contacts at the time, but I could still see the movement of the door opening. I also heard the familiar creak it makes when you open it. At first I thought it was my mom checking up on me like she does every day before she goes to work. I was tempted to ask her what she wanted but two things struck me. She wouldn't pop in at 3 am and I couldn't see anyone at the door, just the darkness of the hallway. The door then creaked and I watched as it closed.

I wasn't afraid since I knew it couldn't hurt me and fell back asleep quickly since that night the room did not get hot. My bedroom door never opened by itself again, at least while I was around. Another day went by and the routine was back on track. It scared me a little that night, due to the fact the room seemed hotter than before. It was so hot I slept without the covers and with my arms above my head. When I woke up the next morning it made me rethink what I told myself about the spirit not being able to harm me.

On my left wrist was an odd bruise. It appeared that the bruise was in the shape of a hand around my wrist. I tried to overlap my right hand with the bruise and found that I just couldn't make them line up. Making the bruise subconsciously by myself was out of the question. I didn't know what to make of it, but strangely after that I never woke up at 3 am.

Your thoughts?

I know this happened during the time me and Alissa had spent with Jeremy. Maybe it was Adam harming me this time instead of Alissa? I'm honestly stumped at what happened in this story and would love to hear what you have to say. Thanks for reading!

-Hope

Other hauntings by Hopeful23

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hopeful23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scared-all-my-life (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
hi hope. I noticed it was five seconds before 3 am that would be adam because I noticed he was precice but I also noted that he didn't go in a routine unless you can prove differently. Your probably right though it couldve been adam because I have had a ghost try to hurt me when it was hurting my friend. Remember to be careful hope, you may think you can see ghosts all the time but they can make themselves invisible to even the second sighted. 😐. Yours truly scared
kailee114 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
i used to wake up with bruises on my legs that I don't remember getting also I sometimes wake up for no reason at 2AM-3AM 😲
kailee114 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
I always believed midnight to 3AM is 'the paranormal time'i have experienced things between this time. I guess this is when spirits are most powerful. I believe you 😨 😐 😲
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-26)
I was once told that 12-3am is a time when spirits are more powerful. Since you describe that you kept waking up I led to believe that a spirit is wanting to tell you something, since that is the time when it is powerful enough to do so, the bruise could be the spirits was of saying don't get cocky.

Next time leave a pen and paper which says: What do you want? And leave the pen there and look at the paper next morning or at 3AM.
WolfVoice258 (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-25)
I'm sorry if I sound skeptical, but it does sound a little odd. But that aside, since the clock can't turn 6:66 it chose 3:00?
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-21)
Preeti-

I actually don't have a picture of the bruise. I didn't bother to take one since at the time I was inexperienced with this sort of stuff. I didn't think anyone would ever want to see such a think, or that I would be showing it to anyone since they would ask questions. My apologies. If there's something you need, feel free to email me or tell me here, I'm always open to listen.

-Hope
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-20)
Hey friend I would like to see the pic of your old bruise... If you don't mind... I want to say something after seeing it... It is a request...

God bles you ❤
mikaylaandchance812 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
no, I haven't talked to him about it yet. And I need to lengthen the story to more detail to fit it on here. And another thing is that I have been feeling upset for some reason the past few days and I don't know why. But he keeps obsessing over trying to figure it out I can't explain it though
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Very perceptive, aren't you, Hope?
I like that characteristic in a person.
Thank you for the invite to e-mail. I do not infringe on that without personal permission, unless in the case of someone I feel needs assistance immediately.
I would also like to extend that same invite to you, as well. I am always open for "consultation" or any advice.
But please remember, I am only human. I have many questions I ask (so as to hopefully get a bit more detail than what MOST will share without prompting), and SOMEtimes they ARE repeats as something just does not seem...right.
Thank you.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Whitebuffalo-

My mouth hangs open in atonishment. The things that have happened after this Ouija incident I felt would not be believed on this site. In fact, I'm surprised that you were able to piece together this bit by bit and see that maybe my life would have taken a turn for the worse after this. If you would like to talk to me, which I feel would be nice as you seem to want to know some things, then email me. My email address is sagewing23 [at] hotmail.com.

Mikayla-

Have you talked to Chance about hearing his voice after something bad happens? Perhaps he gets hunches or feelings that you are in trouble and unknowingly sends you messages. If you do feel like you might be in danger, like what you were dreaming was a warning, then you should probably take your dream up with someone with better knowledge. Have you posted this story to the site? I'm sure others on here can give you better words of wisdom. Best of luck.

-Hope
mikaylaandchance812 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
no, chance is not dead, he comes to my mind whenever something is wrong, or about to happen. Its been a few days since this stopped, but I don't know what it means, like, if it's a warning or something.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-03)
Oh, OK. I see. So basically you set yourself up for an encounter by being in that frame of mind. I got you. 😉 Thanks.
You know what, though? The truth in the matter is that it really does not matter what time of the day it is (I mean, seriously, look at the last two stories you posted. They did not happen at ONLY three in the morning), if a ghost wants to be noticed, it will make itself clear.
As far as my not knowing who the three were, not your fault at all. I take full responsibility as I have been out of the loop for a while and just missed it.
While it is true that so many people call three am the "witching hour" and even "devils playground" there really is no confirmed truth to that theory. Honestly, for me, I believe that early morning hours are much easier to get a visit only in that we are at our most relaxed at that time. IF at three o'clock, and three o'clock only, the veil was thin enough for the ghosties to get through all mediums and psychics would have to work the graveyard shift literally and not just figuratively.
However, what I find the most interesting is that you, yourself, mentioned that on the last night you awoke out of habit, and that is when this occurred. The combination of the uncomfortable temps and your habitual waking at that time just may have made a kind of "pull" for something to come in.
Likewise, it COULD have been a combination of ALL things that created for you the sensations that you experienced. It is kind of like when (please forgive this explanation, I can not come up with a better one at this point) a person acts sick to throw off someone, whether it be parents, the boss, the kids, whoever. Seems as if soon thereafter, they ARE actually sick.
See what I mean?
I am just curious as after reading through ALL of your stories that have been posted, it would appear that you are much more than a magnet (as well as your friend Alissa, I might add, as it is rather rare for wing bearing beings to be sighted), and can do astounding things. I am wondering if you are setting yourself up for something MUCH more menacing. Just a thought.
Those with unique abilities tend to NOT have a mentor to be able to help them through the jumble of confusing and demanding new things that just happen to pop up.
What about you? Do you HAVE someone to go to? With the wrong "direction" some very... Dark things have been known to happen.
Thank you.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
3:00AM is the time of Demons.
Jesus Christ was crucified at 3:00PM.
Demons do this to mock Jesus. Or they are allowed to stir things up at this time.
The hot temperature is the evil intent of their malevolent nature. They come from hell so they are naturally hot.
You must pray to God if that ever happens to you again.
Keep your night light on as I do. They hate the light. The light hurts anything evil or it weakens them.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Whitebuffalo-

The thing that made me think something wrong was at the time I knew that 3:00 am was supposed to be a bad hour, the devils I so commonly hear. I just thought it was a coincidence that I woke up at the time and that it would not happen again. This thought was proven wrong when I continued waking up at the same time night after night. The season it occured in was summer, when school was out, I would sleep with my fan on, door closed, window shut if that makes any difference. I'm sorry that I left it unclear who Alissa, Jeremy, and Adam were.

Mikayla (Sorry Chance) -

While reading what you experience this minute you're awake for I thought of your birth. Now, I don't want to say that I'm like some people on here and say 'yes I'm experienced enough to say this and this and this'. For some reason I just thought of your birth, it would explain the woman's screaming. Did something happen at your birth? If it's a significant enough time to make you repeatidly wake up, then maybe something happened when you were born that your parents didn't tell you about. Also, you hear your boyfriend's voice, is he still alive or are you saying that you hear your dead boyfriend's voice telling you it'll be alright (if he died)?

Bookluver-

I really wish I could have marked it back when it was happening. If it ever does happen again I sure will. I don't know if it forms a pattern but we'll have to see. Good news also, my dog slept in my room today, well, in the morning for a couple hours. Anyone think that I should test if she'll stay the night in my room?

Again, thank you for all your comments!
-Hope
mikaylaandchance812 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
the same thing happened to me once, but it was for only a minute of the night. I'd always wake up at 4:37, the time I was born, because the lights went out. Not my clock, the lights. I knew they went out because my little brother, across the hall, has a night light. It went out also. Everything BUT the clock. Throughout the duration of that minute I heard screaming and crying, a women scream, "NO!", and the last thing I heard ws my boyfriend's voice saying, everythings going to be alright. I love you baby. Then the lights came back on. This happened for a month and immediately stopped, except for this happened last year on Black Sunday also. Why would this happen? The only thing is that
1) I have ghost experiences all the time, but none like this.
2) I have seem a hellhound twice.
Would either of those explain anything? I need help. Please comment me back or email me at hollister_mik [at] yahoo.com thanks and god bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Ah, now I understand who Alissa, Jeremy and Adam are. Truly Phenomenal.
Thank you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Ok, I am curious.
In your second paragraph you said that you watched the clock turn from 259 to 3 and THEN knew what was wrong, and told yourself that it was just a coincidence and everything would be alright.
WHAT was the coincidence and how did you know something was wrong then?
What season did this happen in?
WHO are Alissa, Jeremy and Adam.
Guess I am going to have to back track and check out a few of your other stories to get the gist of all of this.
Thank you.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Maybe you could mark when ever it happens it could make a pattern. Dogs are sensitive to the paranormal and so they might sense something that to them is not nice. ❤
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
So both of your stories mention the time 3:15. I know 3 in the morning is a very significant hour but for it to be 15 minutes after 3 could 3:15 possibly be an important time? To answer wertona9's questions, I never got the chance to sleep somewhere else while these things were going on. I don't know what would have happened if I slept over at a friend's house, or slept in my sister's room. I've tried bringing my dog into my room for the night, but both of the dogs don't like sleeping in my room. (I have had only one dog at a time, neither the old dog nor the new dog like my room). Whenever I drag them into my room with a treat (bribery 😉) they'll settle down and immediately flip out when I turn the light out. Both would come up to me and whine in my ear or bark at the door until I let them out. It could either be because my room is unfamiliar to them, they like to sleep next to my mom, or a spirit is causing them to freak out. To miri_chan, did those bruises and cuts only happen in your old house? If so then it could just be a spirit not wanting people in the house, if not, then maybe a spirit is following you in which case you should get rid of it immediately as it seems to be malicious. Thanks for the comments, sorry for the long reply! 😆

-Hope
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
I've also woken up with strange bruises, but to be honest I'm an extremely accident prone person ><" Although I do have a nasty bruise on my knee that I don't remember getting: p
And sometimes when I get out of the shower there are red marks the shape of hands on my breasts as if someone had groped me O-o I'm not sure on how that happens, but it's odd. Another time something happened during the day, I saw none of it and I had looked in the mirror just minutes before (I have to walk past mirrors to leave my bedroom:p) and when I went in the bathroom I looked in the mirror and there was a cut in the shape of a cross on my cheek.

When I lived in my old house I would wake up at 3:15 am every morning for no reason. At EXACTLY that time O-O" Although, nothing happened.
wertona9 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
I don't know what this means, but I had sort of the same problem for about a year and a half. I always woke up and 3:15 AM to what sounded like my dog snoring, but turned into a more roar like sound. Whenever I went to investigate, it wouldn't be my dog, and there would be a green light in the kitchen. Some spirits work in patterns. We don't always know why, but maybe that time was an important time for them? As for the bruises, I'm really not sure. Do these things happen when you sleep elsewhere? When you are with other people? Maybe staying with an animal might help.

Sorry if this doesn't help, I notice that I only ask a bunch of questions 😆

Sakamoto ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: