You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: I Still Wonder Who They Were

Real Ghost Stories

I Still Wonder Who They Were

 

This happened to me when I was in grade. 11, I was about 15yrs old. It was 2001.

It was a saturday and I was partaking in our sportsday at school, I played netball and was horrible at it. At the end of the day a group of friends and I decided to go chill at the mall and because it was winter and raining by the time I got home, which was about 7pm, it was already dark. I was scared to knock on our front door and rightfully so, my step-granpa kicked me out, literally, and told me to go back to where I had come from. So I was wandering around at night wearing my school clothes with a huge sportsbag, wet and tired, and because I was one of the 'popular' kids at school I was too embaressed to ask for help from my friends. I didn't want my situation at home to be publicized, it was hard enough dealing with it in private.

After a while of aimlessly walking around I got tired and decided to stand by the pay-phones and pretend to be making a call when this man, who I would say was in his thirties came up to me and asked me if I was alright. I made up some story about my parents being out of town and forgetting to leave me the house keys when I left for school in the morning and that they would be back tomorrow morning so I was trying to get hold of I can't remember if I said my sister or a friend but I don't think he bought my story. Besides the fact that I am a horrible liar I was too tired and stiff to think of anything plausible.

This man told me to come with him and I know it was a reckless thing to do, my being a 15yr old girl following a stranger at night but at that point I didn't care. Now that I think about it, I secretly wished something would happen to me so my family would feel guilty. I was young... So I followed this man to his house and he surprisingly lived on the street behind my granparents. When we got into his house he introduced me to a lady he said was his sister and she took over from there. She offered me food but I kindly declined, don't like eating in stranger's houses, then she showed me a room I could sleep in. I tell you I fell asleep the minute I hit that pillow, and I usually can't sleep in new environments but that's how mentally and physically exhausted I was.

The next morning they were kind enough to let me sleep without waking me up and when I did eventually, I told them I had to go and thanked them for their kindness. I wish I hadn't been so hasty in leaving but my embarressment was increased by the lightness of day. I got home and soon forgot about that night. I begged my stepgranpa to take me back in.

After matric (grade.12) I left my hometown to get away from my family and didn't return for like two and a half years. Something I forgot to mention, the house I stayed a night over was next door to this girl I used to go to pre-primay with, and whilst I was studing away from home me and her got reunited again and that's what made me remember the two siblings.

Last year I finally asked her what ever happened to them because this one time when I was going to her house I saw a woman with kids and some man I later found out was her boyfriend. Figuring they might have moved away I asked my friend about them and she told me that no one by the description I gave her ever lived next door. She said the lady I saw had been her neighbour since we were kids. I din't tell her anything, I guess I am still smarting about a lot of things that happened to me when I was growing up so I just made as if I was mistaken.

But until today I still wonder who those siblings were that helped me and whatever happened to them. They seem to have disappeared into thin air.

Angels? I would like to believe so, that someone was with me looking after me during those troubled teen years I endured alone.

Other hauntings by Temilicious

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Temilicious, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Temilicious (7 stories) (99 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
thanks everyone for your kind responses.

DeviousAngel you might have a point there but I have my feelings why I don't think they were relatives but before I say anything I phoned my friend and asked her to ask her mom, she would know more then my friend. She said she will phone me when she finds out.
I don't want to sound or feel like I am forcing it to be more then it is. So I will get all the evidence to justify my feelings cause that's my only proof, feelings.

Thanks, will keep you posted.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
That must have been an awful predicament you were in that night, the fact that you allowed yourself to drop your guard just demonstrates how vulnerable you really were, thank god that kind man or angel helped you out, I shutter at the thought of what else could of happened, thank you for sharing your story, God bless and I truly wish you a long and happy life.❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Thank you for sharing your story! I'm so glad you were able to find shelter in such a bad time. If these were spirits, I think they were there to help keep you safe. Is it possible that they may have been relatives or friends of the family that lived there?
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Hi Temi, Glad to hear you are doing better now and that you seem to have left the past where it belongs... In the past,:)
You were so lucky to find those siblings!, I would say they were Angels to you and that's all it matters, 😊
Be well,

Claudia
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-30)
Tem--Good to hear you had the courage to make it through to a better today. You were a good candidate for some heavenly messengers, and I think you got them. I also would consider "the woman" was at the house to allay your fears about going home alone with "a man."
Good story.
Peace

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: