You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My House Experiences Since Childhood

Real Ghost Stories

My House Experiences Since Childhood

 

II have told you most of my Dad's stories, and now I will tell you my own from the house that I've lived in my whole life.

My house isn't that old, and my bedroom and the living room are the newest additions to the house, added more than 20 years ago, before my parents bought it. I've always had experiences in my bedroom, my step sister's bedroom (mentioned in my story Strange Experience While Sick) and the laundry room in the basement.

I'll start with my bedroom. My bedroom has its own bathroom, but you can't see the bedroom door and the bathroom door from the centre of the room. If someone goes into the bathroom, they have to walk through my room to get to it. When I was younger, there was a ghost I named Rose, I thought I saw her once when I was very young, in elementary school and the name stuck in my head. She would open and shut my door. You couldn't hear it or see it from outside the room (standing in the living room) but you could hear/see it from standing inside my bedroom. This happened all the time when I was young but stopped when I yelled at her to quit when I was 12 and hasn't happened since.

There are two times that really stick out in my mind. Once I was with my step sister, and we were up late talking and giggling, but we stopped because the door was slamming loudly. We thought it was our little brother who was about 5 or 6 at the time. So, the two of us decided to scare him, we jumped out of the door only to find that no one was there, in the only hiding place, behind the rocking chair which was next to my door. Everyone had been in the living room (the closest room to my bedroom) Dad was asleep in his chair; my brother was asleep on my mom's lap and had been for over an hour. We even asked my mother, who hadn't even heard the door slamming. She wouldn't have lied to us either, because we were both terrified. The other time that sticks out in my mind was when I told Rose to stop slamming the door. I had a friend over and we were talking in my room when the door started slamming - like it always did. It was getting really loud and rather annoying, so I shouted for her to stop and not do it again, it stopped immediately and never did it again and this was 6 years ago.

Other things that have happened in my bedroom are the bathroom doorknob turning by itself when no one was in there. My sister and I have both witnessed this. I have had my hair pulled once while I was trying to go to sleep, I tried to debunk it, but I have no headboard and my bed is in the middle of the room with nothing to grab onto my hair near it. Also, I've had by bed shaken, it doesn't last for very long but it has happened two or so times. Also I always feel like I'm being watched from two distinct locations, one corner of my room that is away from all windows and doors, and from the bathroom - so I always shut that door. (Even a friend that is sensitive was VERY freaked out by my room. Specifically the bathroom.) I live away from home, at college now but whenever I go home I feel very uncomfortable sleeping in my bedroom and I honestly don't know how I dealt with it for so long.

Now I will talk about my step sister's room. It's in the old part of the house next to my parent's room. It's very small, one door and one window and one built in closet. But you always feel watched in the room. Always. My sister was trying to sleep one night and felt something bump the bed. She turned on the light, thinking it was a mouse and she looked, amongst the tons of junk under there, there were 2 glowing eyes. She freaked, got my little brother and a flashlight, and looked again. There was nothing but a LARGE cleared space in the middle of the junk where the eyes had been. She never slept in that room alone again, and she actually started sleeping in my bedroom with me after that. We always felt we were safer together, in my room and her room.

Now I will discuss the basement. It's dark and creepy. Especially the laundry room which is not well lit. The lights would sometimes go out, mostly on me. For no apparent reason. The one time my mother admitted there was activity in the house she said it was in the basement. She said she would see things out of the corner of her eye, and the clothes on our downstairs clothesline move. She always thought it was one of us kids but there would be no one. Once I went downstairs, and I couldn't explain it, but I was terrified, panicked. I ran and got out of there. It never happened again. Also, when you go up the stairs, sometimes it feels like something is right behind you, even when no one else is in the house. I can't explain it. I avoid going down there at all costs.

My little brother is the only one that has not experienced activity in the house. If he has, he hasn't said anything. My Dad says he feels something, but doesn't know what. The only place he has experienced anything was in the living room. He was watching TV and he saw something standing in the doorway between the kitchen and living room twice. Same thing, same height, same shadow. He said it was hard to ignore but after a second it was gone.

Other hauntings by shamby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shamby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
I understand where you are coming about the feelings you get when you experience something paranormal, especially the feeling of negativity. There is poster on this site name Rook. He has cleansing method that he posts on different stories and I think you might have read it. I don't think Rook will get mad if I post it again here for you. Rook has mentioned that this method will only get rid of negative entities and the ones that are good will stick around. I have personally tried this method and I can tell you that it works. Try it and see if it works. You might have to go it more than once in the beginning depending on how strong this negative entity is and then after that once a month would be great.

Also, advanced thanks to Rook!

Here it is:

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
Granny:
This is a different house. To my knowledge there has never been an Oujia board in the house at all. At least not for the past 20 years, as long as my parents have owned the house. The only entity I see as possibly harmful is the one that is in my step sister's bedroom, because it (the best word I can use for this) attacked me in my sleep while I was sick. It also was trying to scare my sister. I agree that the others aren't harmless. Especially what ever is in my room, I feel like it wants attention. Thanks so much for the feedback!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-12-01)
shamby: Is this the same house where your step siblings used the Ouija from the other story of your Dad?...If so, then there's your answer...

These entities seems harmless... I think your feelings of uneasiness stem from your ability to pick up on their presence... I think if they were going to cause any harm, they would have done so by now 😊

It seems as though you and your family have been able, over the years, to co-habitate without too many problems... One way to get over those feelings of uneasiness is to tell them you know they're there, and ask politely that they not mess with you at that time... ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: