You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Did You Call Me Mom?

Real Ghost Stories

Did You Call Me Mom?

 

Before I start let me explain the layout of my parent's house- it's a split-level with a living room upstairs and a den downstairs, and down stairs there is a hallway connected to the den that is fairly short but has my old room at the end and a guest bedroom on the left side.

About a year and a half ago, when I still lived with my parents (I'm 17), I was downstairs painting my room one day, by myself, while my mom was cooking lunch, and all was fine; I was just concentrating on painting, everything was quiet and calm, but then I heard someone call my name from what sounded like the den. I paused my painting to go upstairs (I thought my mom was who'd called me), and asked my mom what she wanted. She replied, "I didn't call you." Okay, I'm thinking, must have been my imagination. So I go back downstairs and continue my painting. About 15 minutes into it though, I hear my name called again, this time it sounded like it was right outside my door. A little frustrated, I go upstairs to ask my mom why she called me. Again, she told me she didn't. I go back downstairs a little freaked out.

My step dad is a funeral director and has his own small directing business on the side of working for another big funeral company, and often at times he's brought bodies (in bags on gurneys), to our house for the night for holding (in our garage) until they could be brought to the crematory next day, and more often he brings back cremated remains that are in holding until either the funeral/memorial, or until they can be shipped to the families; (these are all pretty standard practices, nothing unusual), so there has never been any shortness of paranormal activity in that house, but never once has something addressed one of us personally by name.

I never heard the voice, which at the time sounded like a female's, hence why I thought it was my mom's voice. There was no one in the house but us and my cat.

Other hauntings by AndreaRC

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AndreaRC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-23)
You know, a lot of cultures believe that a persons spirit will stay near its body for a time after their demise. I have experienced something similar and believe it is just the way things work out for some. With your father being a funeral director, I hardly believe this will be the last thing that happens in your home. Please keep us informed of any new situations that arise.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-21)
AndreaRC - 😆 Voices calling our names is something my family hears on a regular basis. It has gotten to be "normal" now LOL.

I still check with my kids to see if they called for me, even when I "know" it's not them. This actually happened as recently as last Saturday. My little boy and I both experienced it within 15 minutes of each other.

Lots of words to let you know you're not alone. It's been happening with me and my kids for over 15 years.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
good story, at least it's a nice voice. That dead bodies in the house and ash remains and all would kind of give me the heebie jeebies though. Have you tried answering the voice?
LuZhong (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-19)
This had been happening to me lately too. I was still in the bathroom doing #2 when my sister was singing. I sang along with her too because we both knew the songs. When I got done, the music was still playing but my little sister was already asleep. I thought she was just kidding so I woke her up and SHE WAS really asleep. I went around the house asking if anybody was singing, but they just said no. I just couldn't believe it...
But your step dad's job is so scary, esp. How he bring the bodies into the house. Really scary, I'll pray for you. Thanks for sharing:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: