You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Uncle Dave's Still Around

Real Ghost Stories

Uncle Dave's Still Around

 

I was a happy little girl at the age of 3, and quite the chatter box. I had an exceptionally large vocabulary, was an early talker, and could carry a coherent conversation around two and a half. One night the family; my three brothers, mom, dad, and myself, were gathered at the table eating. It was a pretty typical night, and conversations were going on all around the table. Well, except for the one I was having. I was sitting in my booster chair just babbling away, and my parents thought I was just talking to my imaginary friend (I had two when I was little) or myself. When my mom asked me who I was talking to though I replied nonchalantly, "I'm talkin' to Uncle Dave." My mom and dad looked at me, perplexed, as my Uncle Dave, my dad's brother, had passed away some time ago. As I responded, a remembrance picture of my Uncle that hung in our kitchen fell to the floor. Everyone just looked at each other.

It's 14 years later, and Dave's son, my cousin Kevin, has kids of his own. One of his sons shares my gift of language; he talks talks talks and does it very well. And on a few occasion recently, he's talked to "Grandpa Dave" just like I did. According to him, "Grandpa comes to my preschool and plays with me." When asked if he plays with the other kids, he replies "no, only I can see him." We asked him how often Grandpa comes around, and he says "oh he comes around lots to play and talk with me."

There has also been an occasion where Kevin's walked in on his son playing "on his own", but it looks like someone's swinging him around by his arms. And on yet another occasion, my dad and his long-time friend "Uncle Gary" have gone hiking along the trail of the back-roads creek where my Uncle's ashes were spread, and a strong wind picked up around the ceremony spot, taking Gary's hat into the water and then ceasing. All of these things prove to me that Uncle Dave's still around, and will always be with us.

Other hauntings by AndreaRC

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AndreaRC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
Andrea - good! Another piece of advice, though. Back everything up. Buy a flashdrive or something, but make sure you keep a copy. I go back every so often and read my Journal. I like reading and remembering the events my kids and I've experienced. Some of them, overtime, have lost their clarity or maybe I've lost mine LOL and it helps me recall exactly what happened. The more detail you put into it, the better. Ah, what the heck. It's your journal. You'll figure out what works for you 😆
AndreaRC (12 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-15)
BaJuuJuu:
This story makes me smile when I think about it or tell it too,lol.It is very sweet, my Uncle Dave was a really nice guy, and it was sad when we left us physically. But the fact that he's still watching overus made and makes the whole thing a lot better.:)

Miracles:
Thank you!I'm glad someone enjoys my stories,ha.:)
Maddox is only three and a half monthes old, but I can tell he's going to be a chatterbox just like his mom, lol.He's constantly babbling away and he's already starting to make consonant noises like "ma" and ba".
I have recently started a journal of sorts on my laptop, I cataloge dreams and things that happen to or around me,it's coming along pretty nicely.:) Some of the things I've typed up I'm actually going to put on here soon when I have a free moment.:)
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
For me, these kinds of stories are feel good stories. I just can't help but smile while reading. Sounds like Uncle Dave is keeping watch over the family, particularly the little ones. And little ones need all the watching they can get lol. I'm glad you shared this, it's a very sweet story. ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-02-08)
AndreaRC - another great story! This is why I told you I don't think your ghosts have anything to do with the birth of your son. You've had this gift since you were way little 😁.

My daughter was just like you. Complete sentences at 18 months. Talked like an adult since she was 3. My son, however LOL.

Anyway, I love your stories and still want to encourage you to keep a journal. I'm not sure how old Maddox is, but since you are so intune with what's going on, I'd watch Maddox (but I'm sure you are 😊) Both my kids share my "gift" (this seemed to irk some people on this site when I mentioned it the first time LOL)

Keep the stories coming. It's great to have something to read that I can feel is real, without stopping and wondering about it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: