You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Why Is This Happening To Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Why Is This Happening To Me?

 

This is the fourth time I am posting a story now and it probably won't be the last by the looks of things.

As most of you know from reading my other 3 stories, I am a sensitive to spirits; I see, hear and feel them. I also have a son who is 2 and 2 months and my daughter is 10 months. Just to make you understand a little better, my daughter sleeps between me and my fiancé and my son sleeps in his camping cot, we used to have the TV on all night before because of my son not sleeping but now because we got a fish tank we have that light on so it's not needed for the TV anymore.

So anyway in my last story I basically said that things were quietening down with my "demon" and the old lady is now gone. The thing is it has started once again and it is getting worse, I take it he is tormenting me or trying to get attention from me seen that no one else In my house knows he is there, we did not move unfortunately due to us having financial problems so all I did was move my bed to the other side of the room which helped for a while but it's useless now.

So back to my story, about a month ago I woke up to find a figure standing in my sons cot leaning over him but staring at me, I tried with all my might to get up and take him away but for some reason I was pinned down, I couldn't move, breath, talk or do anything, when I was able to move again the figure gave me something that looks like and evil grin and vanished as I woke my fiancé up.

After bathing the kids and dressing them in the room, I have this feeling that someone is watching me from the door, I will see someone standing there but when I give a second glance its gone or when someone comes near to me it leaves, it's as if this thing targets me while I am alone and therefore I cannot be alone in the house, if I know everyone is going to be somewhere on that day, I make a plan to go to my mom or wherever else.

Sometimes I know for a fact that I have closed my wardrobe door especially when I leave for work in the morning, but when I come back to the room the door is wide open, and no one has been in the room other than me.

I am awake every night once again for how many hours a night because of him waking me up, my son no longer wants to sleep on his own every night just after I wake up he wakes up with a blood curdling scream and won't stop until I put him in our bed where he sleeps further as if nothing even happened, I have asked him many times what is wrong or who is at the door and all he says to me is "its a gogo" (a south African word for something that scares kids basically like a creature)

Tuesday night I was out in the laundry room which is separate to our house, you need to go out the backdoor, walk down the side of the house, past my bedroom window to get to the laundry room, well for some reason I was doing the washing and I saw a girl pass by the door but she had a peep in before going past to where the washing lines were, I asked my fiancés, brother's girlfriend if it was her coming to see how far I was with the washing and she said no, while hanging the washing up my fiancé came out so I asked him if he had come out side and he said no, he was in front of the computer the whole time with my son and Daughter. The funny thing is that the girl that walked passed was about the height of a ten year old but for some reason I never at the time thought about it, after that once again I kept seeing a man stand outside the laundry door, I kept catching glimpse of him out the corner of my eye but when I look a second time he is gone, while hanging the washing up I saw someone's feet from under the washing standing in the corner, they looked like that grey colour of a dead person and also the feet belong to someone that is about 9 or 10 years old, but when I looked who it was guess what... There was No one there as usual and I saw them as clear as daylight.

I am sure that I am not going mad or anything like that because then I would be having these illusions at work as well which I am not, it is only at home. All I want to know is why after having our house blessed, praying, doing everything possible it still won't go? And who is the new little girl? This thing is causing me to have so much anger in me, I will be fine now and all of a sudden I will lash out for no reason especially when I leave the house to come to work. It is causing a lot of strain in my relationship with my fiancé, in laws and kids because of all the anger that I have inside Of me. My mom has told me she has seen it and so has a friend of us, my aunt in Australia has even told me there is something in our house. My mom says that my room is the worst of the whole house. I don't know where to go search the history of our house but obviously there was something bad that happened in that house before or someone has caused this or someone has bewitched me. We have also come to fact that there are currently 4 entities in our house, two of which no longer seem to bother me.

I wish it was so easy to ignore this but when I pay no attention to it, it gets worse and it is making me frightened to be in a house alone by myself. Please if anyone can share some thoughts or have any new ideas as to what I should do please let me know, I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I would really like to know what the real reason is for this thing being around me all the time or stalking me and what it actually wants from me - what do I have that it is so obsessed with? The funny thing is whenever I am around someone it never seems to bother me one bit; it will only be when I am on my own in a room or outside, now and then I get a finger poked into my back or side but no one is there when I look.

I was by my mom's house a few days ago and my daughter kept looking at the door saying "out" for about 2 hours nonstop, my mom soon told me that she has 2 spirits in her house but they don't bother them at all. So now I know I am not mad because my daughter and my son saw it.

Thanks for reading this; I know it is a bit long.

Other hauntings by Worriedorparanoid

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Worriedorparanoid, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BriBri (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
Im very sorry for what is happening to you, and I believe the advice that everyone is giving you is valid. As an agnostic though I have to say that you cannot use any religious means of protection unless you have the faith the fuel such rituals. My own view on religion is that many religions may have some form of power within them. However this power only comes to those who can truly believe and tap into this energy (such as the one earlier that stated god could be a large positive force). This is why sometimes rituals don't remain permanent, because they rely on the victims own reserve to remain in tact. I hope this helps. Another thing, do not confront this entity unprepared. Be sure to have some form of protection or self defense in case it becomes violent.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Rook - I like your idea too. It's a variant of mine and uses a more meditative rather than confrontational technique.

Either way, I'd do this during the day like Rook and I have suggested; not at night.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Trix - I understand your point and it is a good one. However, I do not think that this spirit or entity means Worriedorparanoid or her children any harm. Like I said, I think it would have already done so if that were the case.

Worriedorparanoid - In your story, you put the word demon in quotes and only used that term once. How do you know that you're dealing with a demon? Even if you are, per redphx, not all demons are bad. You can call a priest if you feel more comfortable with that. However, if that does not work or if the entity returns, I'd suggest doing what I've indicated. A Shaman (or the equivalent) might be able to help. However, like others have said, you have to believe in what they are doing. That's why I think standing on your own convictions is a better choice. Believe in yourself.
Worriedorparanoid (7 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
[at] deviousngel - I know that its not a real movie, I was just using it as an example to make you understand how scared I am 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
And hey, don't put any stock in those Paranormal movies. Most of the time it's just Hollywood effects to make you scared. They don't really have any basis in factual experiences; any "true" stories it may claim to be based off of are hearsay or speculation. Heck, the people who directed the movie have probably never had an actual paranormal experience once in their lives.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Worriedorparanoid,

Blessings and Priest work, but strong Faith allows what they do to remain in place... That and the methods they use are 'geared' towards 'demons' and not negative energies/spirits. Having said that I'd like to suggest a way that you may 'cleans' your own home.

Pick a clear day and when the sun is high open all the curtains over the windows, heck open the windows let the light in as much as possible, this includes closets, and while you do this think, positive, upbeat thoughts and picture in your mind all the negative energies drifting out the open windows. You may even want to sweep the floors and visualize sweeping the negative energies out of your home. The next day, open the windows again, take a white candle and sit on the floor in the center of your bed room. Light the candle and as you look at the flame picture it filling with positive thoughts...then, in your minds eye, picture the flame filled with these positive thoughts expanding... Slowly picture it filling your room, every corner of it... Visualize it filling your closet, bathroom... The hallway. Picture it expanding, filling your entire house, every nook and corner. Picture any 'dark' or negative energies/entities being pushed out as you 'see' it expand, filling your house completely. Visualize it then pushing outside your home, out to your property boundaries. Hold this image in your mind. Picture it 'anchored' in place and fill this 'shield' with positive thoughts. Once you've done this, blow out the candle and close the house back up.

You should notice that the 'atmosphere' in your home feels lighter. You may notice that certain people have a hard time finding your home. They may have had no problem before, but now they will say something like...'The funniest thing happened, I drove right past your house, I don't know what I was thinking.' This does not mean they mean anything negative to you, only that they have something 'negative' in their life.

Please keep us posted, and if you try this please let us know if it works for you. You may find that you have to do this a few times before it truly stays in place for a long time.

Respectfully,

Rook
Worriedorparanoid (7 stories) (5 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Thank you to all for your comments on my situation, first of all to those of you who don't believe in the paranormal, well then you haven't actually gone through something like this so why are you then even on this site in the first place, just to get the facts straight here, ghosts, demons, etc can harm you believe me. Ok but besides all of that, I have done all I can do, I don't want to talk to this demon because I am scared it might get worse and physically attack me or My kids but maybe I should give it a try and see what happens. My son was in the bath last night and I left him alone for 5 minutes to dress my daughter when he started screaming hysterically in the bath and pointing at the roof saying there is a man, so I know for a fact that there is something in my home, I have gone through a lot of rough patches In my life especailly over the last 7 years with my fiance, so saying that my inner demons are the cause, makes a lot of sense to. I will see what happens after tonight once I have told it to leave but if it does not I will have to get someone in to see if there is a portal in my house and then take it from there. As I tell it to leave tonight I will do the salt thing once again and see what happens.
Please understand I am scared but I am fearing more for my kids life more than anything else, I don't want to go through a possession or something like that or something actually attacking them - for those of you that are not sure what I am talking about, watch the movie "paranormal activity" and then you will see what I mean. My mom has suggested that someone has bewitched me (left something in my room or that) but I don't see who would do that. Anyway I will do what I said and take it from there.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
Wow, as soon as I saw the title of this story, I knew a lot of comments would comin' your way. All in all, I think most of the advice is good. All you can do is maybe give some a try. For the ghosts, it could be a portal AND you. You stated you've seen spirits all your life. It's easy to say be strong, stand your ground with this negative spirit, and firmly tell it to leave, you ain't takin' no shiat from it no more. I have often stated the same thing time and time again. But it's true. I think getting peace in your life again, may take a mixture of many things. But... Everything takes time. When I was experiencing my first time with spirits touching me, it took six months for me to get the help of a healer who helped me understand how to handle my situation. It ain't always rosy, but I grew strong, and learned how to deal with it. I think... The same with your predicament. You may need to keep telling the spirits for a long while to leave you be. Maybe you need a house cleansing, or time to go to the top, an exorcism. But that's a last resort. Maybe prayer for the money to leave the house, and especially the safety of your children. Have you ever thought about your situation? Your 'gift'? Meaning it seems to me you have pyschic abilities. Maybe, somehow, connecting someone who could help with it? Help you learn how to control it a bit more. Ghosts are attracted 'cause you see them and they know it, obviously. Maybe by learning to shut it off, so to speak, or tune them out, it could be some relief. Again, it's easy to keep spewing out all this advice. But one I remember from a recent story one piece of advice I read is, it's never easy dealing with a horrible situation, but you need to really believe in yourself, hang onto whatever faith you have, and BELIEVE it will get better. And everything takes time. Or maybe stand with friends for awhile for some relief. I hope you are better soon. Everyone here is rooting for you, and is sending positive energy your way. Now I believe that is a very good thing. Take care.
YoshiBomb (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
this worked for me, although I havnt written a story on this site yet (its always unavailable)

I had some very scary experiences with a demon. I had mormon missionaries come and give the house a blessing and then they blessed me. I felt instantly different.
This lasted a good while but eventually it returned in a much weaker form.

I strongly believe that a personal blessing will put you at ease as long as you trust in it. Give yourself into the blessing and you will feel the calming atmosphere immediatly. From that point just remember your experience, it will keep your faith strong and evil away.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
Hi truthInDarkness, I agree with you totally. Everybody can chase a ghost away if it's just one that's wandering around, but some entities will not just leave on your demand especially if it's more than just a normal haunting.
We had a case in the suburb I'm living in years ago with a house. It turned out even worse when the woman of the house tried to chase the ghosts. She called the police to come and help her. My father was a Traffic cop at that stage working night shift, and he also went to this house to see what is going on. When he arrived at that house the two cops in the police van refused to go into the house alone because they witnessed how a wooden roller that you use in the kitchen came out of the chimney and made a turn in the air and went straight back again. The kitchen curtains burned by them self, and stopped also by them self as if there were no fire. They called for a priest. While the priest sat down with his Bible and opened it a scissor came flying with force and went into the wooden floor between his two feet. The one police officer was thrown with a battery against the back of his head with force when he entered the hallway of the house. The battery was square those you used in these old radios. They had to leave the house because nothing helped. It just got angrier with all of the people. The family of the house went to stay with family. On the end of the day the family got hold of a sangoma. He removed muti from their premises, and it stopped after he done his ritual. He said to the family that it was black magic sent by someone who wishes them ill will. In this case the sangoma were the only one who could clean their house, because he knew exactly what to do to solve this case.
The reason why I'm sharing this is because I feel there are view things to consider before just starting with action. Ask yourself a view questions like, Is this a normal haunting, is there a possibility that there might be a port in my house, will I be able and strong enough to tackle this situation on my own without fear, will I be able to handle an angry ghost and be able to stay in control.
There are many methods to cleanse your house. What works for me is the method with the straw broom by sweeping out your house while saying with your sweep action; I sweep all the negative energy out of my house with this broom. When your finish just put the broom in a bucket of water to cleanse it, and let it dry in the sun again. Burn a candle for protection afterwards. Burn sage in your house also helps to get rid of negative energy. Salt also works. To shield your house also works for me. Like I said there are many methods to get rid of these negative energies, but get the right help if it gets worse like a psychic that can identify the energy that you are dealing with in your house.
I feel sorry for this lady who has to live in fear in her own home. Sometimes it is not easy to deal with stuff like this all on your own, and what scares me is that she is on the edge of a nervous breakdown because of all of this. I was also there. It helps when there is assistance in cases like this to help you.
Worriedorparanoid please keep us updated, you are not alone there are always somebody who can help on this site. There are wonderful experienced people on this site. Take care. Trix. ❤
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
Have you tried asking what they want? Maybe they're around you constantly because they know you can see them and have the ability to help.

I hope you find the help you're looking for!
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
I disagree with Trix. If it wanted to cause physical harm, it would have done so already. I would do what I suggested instead of continuing to feed this entity even more energy through your fear and anxiety. I've heard other respected members of this site indicate that there are rules that spirits and other entities have to follow. If you tell it firmly to leave and stand your ground as I suggested, I strongly believe that it will do so. In my opinion, having someone try to remove it that is not a resident of the house would show more of a sign of weakness on your part.

As others on this site have said at one time or another, these entities are just doing what they need to survive. They don't scare you because it's fun. They scare you because they feed off of that energy. So, give it something that it doesn't like (positive energy) and it will go away. Especially if that is what you demand it to do. In my opinion, there is no better person to get rid of an entity than the person that the entity is affecting.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
Hi Worriedorparanoid, I'm very sorry for the suffering you're going through duo to what's going on in your house. It's easier said than done to try and solve what's going on in your house by yourself. You might seek some help from someone in this field. It's not in any ones pants to deal with this kind of haunting that you describes in your story. It might be dangerous and get worse if you try anything by yourself and not strong enough. Don't get me wrong, I don't say you're not strong enough but I don't know you personal so I don't want you to put yourself in a worse position at this house. I lived in a house like that and I know what you're going through. It's like evil tries to drive you out of your own home. Don't let this happen. Be strong. Keep your faith, and believe. Where do you stay? I'm also from South Africa, and what is your religion? Sorry for all this questions, but it can help on the end of the day to get the right source to help. Trix. ❤
louisem3471 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
i think redphx is right, its sounds like somewhere on your property there is a portal... But I also think truthindarkness has a point too... Getting your house blessed doesn't always work, and there is no certainties that anything will work, but I think truthindarkness's advise seems the most logical... I'm a firm believer in never letting anything or anyone take my control, that is yours and yours alone. So if you feel like control of your home has been taken,, then take it back... You need to believe in yourself and the love you have for your family, which is a great love, of that I have no dought. Use that strength and take control... I wish you lots of luck 😊 ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
bacchaegirl: totally forgiven. 😆 I was not really mad about it.

GI-Jane88 had some great advice too. I am getting more and more interested as to the effects of EMF waves on the human brain, and I wonder how it is that spirits communicate through this frequency--and why? I see research in my future.
ZedBank (5 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
inner demons? Explain please, never heard of that in my life 😠
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
Worriedorparanoid: What a horrible thing to happen to you. I have had almost similar things happen to me. It only seems to happen when I am alone. I think it might have something to do with being around other people, meaning, that your attention is focussed on others, not Spirits. The Spirits may sense that you are sensitive and therefore want to flock to you. Protect yourself, you cannot let these entities/Spirits win. A lot of Spirits will feed off your own energy, and henceforth make you feel depressed, lonely, any and every negative feelings that you can think of. Be strong and they (the Spirits) will know not to mess with you.
I hope that all works out for you 😁. Please feel free to email me.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
GI-Jane88 (16 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Just using info I've heard from others - check your home, lighting, appliances and walls for EMF. Electro magnetic fields, emitted by electical objects, can either give energy to spirits giving them strength or it can cause massive bouts of anxiety and paranoia. If you've ever been in a house that has humming lights that flicker, you'll know the feeling. Could be something like that. My mum always says to me - if I feel like something is with me, that shouldn't be or if I feel threatened in any way that I should fill myself with hope and love and demand that it leaves, that I don't want it there, it's upsetting me, that it had its time on earth and has no right to ruin my time on earth. My mother is an atheist, as am i, its sound advice none the less.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
OOPS! Sorry Devious, I wasn't thinking. I tried to put D A down and the site told me I was using text talk. Then I just lost my brain at that moment! Sorry! It will never happen again!
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
My goodness, this poor lady needs help, not bickering. I trust the Ghostbusters suggestion was meant in jest, but the underlying idea seems to be that you can take control of this situation in a way that is meaningful to you, and if you do, these things (regardless of what they are and whether or not they even exist outside your mind) will take heed and leave you alone. Also, it can't hurt to have a sense of humour. The only problem is, I'm not entirely, 100% certain these things can't hurt you and I'm not sure I could take my own advice, as I am a big ol' coward when it comes to stuff like this. I would probably take the passive-aggressive approach and try to ensure I was never alone at home.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
DarkAngel!? Whaaaat? LOL. I suppose that's another name fitting of me!
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Calm down there, Ray Parker Jr. I'm not really sure what you're going on about, but DarkAngel has a point. What are you talking about if there is no such thing as the paranormal. Maybe you should stand up to your self, fight your inner demons. Form some coherent thought. Then come back, and we'll talk to you.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
You are contradicting yourself, sir. You said you don't believe in the paranormal. How do you stand up to that which does not exist?
ZedBank (5 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
and anyway its better than sitting around twidling your thumbs, when someone (or something) is on your back, you have to stand up for yourself, if they are paranormal or not!
🤔 ohh and one last thing... I aint afraid of no ghosts 😉
ZedBank (5 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
ghosts can't hurt you they are dead, you are alive, enough said, nothing that is not physical matter is not real therefore can not cause you harm or hurt you in anyway, exorcists please, im not saying the paranormal isn't real but open your eyes, there is no proof
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Zed, how old are you? 12? Obviously you have no experience with these things, and unless you do, please refrain from giving others poor advice that may put them in harm's way.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Oh yeah, do that, because we all know that the Ghostbusters theme has terrfied and cleansed houses of ghosts since the dawn of time. Don't call an exorcist, play a theme song performed by a tone deaf man. Don't pray or meditate, blast an 80's song. That's great advice. I know for a fact all ghosts are terrified of that hoaky tune.
ZedBank (5 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Look to be honest, praying and blessing won't work, I am a man of action and if I was you I would show this ghost that this is YOUR HOME, Blast the ghostbusters theme all night and when you do see the demon laugh and mock it, let it know youre not afraid
Amibear (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
This is just what I think so don't really take it into consideration as I am only 15, but as you said that you've done prayers and had the house blessed, doesn't that make you think that it isn't the house what's haunted, maybe it's you? I know you said that you don't see it at work but maybe they see showing themselves to you out side of the house is the threat? Also, the new girl? Maybe because there's already 4 these spirits are attracting other spirits to you, maybe when you see it you could just ask it to leave you alone, I don't know, any way I hope any of this helped you in any way.:) good luck!

Amibear ❤ ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Your ideas about god are very interesting. I've never heard that before. I'm glad you think outside the box a little.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: