You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Demonic Ouija Board

Real Ghost Stories

Demonic Ouija Board

 

First off let me just say that this story is not really about ghosts. Rather it's more about my experiences with the Ouija board, and my communications with those on the other side. I don't believe that I spoke to a ghost, as much as that I spoke to demons who enjoyed toying with my mentality and perhaps even my 13 year old gullibility.

As I mentioned, I got my first ouija board when I was thirteen. I've always been fascinated by the paranormal, and I thought it was amazing that I could speak with ghosts with this piece of lettered cardboard from Toy's R'Us. On the very first night, I made contact with a charming ghost named Daniel. It was so easy. I asked if there was anyone there, and Daniel responded almost immediately. This was years ago, but I don't exactly remember everything we talked about. I just remember that the nature of the first contact was friendly. I would talk to Daniel for hours at a time. He said he had died a long time ago, and he even mentioned he had a brother, Charles, who was also dead. But Charles wasn't like Daniel. Charles was mean and mischivieous. And he was also near by.

For several days I would come home from school, and jump right on the ouija board to talk to Daniel. Contrary to popular belief, I didn't need several people to make the ouija board work. With just the tip of my fingers, the pointer began moving immediately. On the other hand, I was incredibly exhausted after each event. It was hard to believe how tired I was after just a little ouija board play. Eventually, I realized that whoever or whatever I was speaking to was absorbing all my energy. Sure enough, the faster the pointer moved, the more tired I became.

Then one day, for whatever reason, I came home and knew it would be different. I got on the ouija board, and asked for Daniel. The response came that Daniel was not there. I don't know why it occurred to me, but I suddenly asked if this was Charles that was speaking. The answer was affirmative. Again, I don't remember much of the details in our conversations. I was weary of him/it at first. But honestly, Charles didn't seem as bad as he was one of those a-holes that had a good side. Soon, we had developed a friendship, and I was talking to him more so than with Daniel.

Shortly, after that I got this idea. If I can communicate with spirits by myself through the ouija board, what if I tried it with a pen? I would later learn that this is officially called "automatic writing." So I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and started at it. Sure enough, after a few seconds, my hand started moving. I don't know how to describe, except that I was allowing it to move, but it had a mind of its own. I was so impressed and fascinated, I even showed it off to my friends at school. I remember one girl even covered my eyes, while she asked a question. Then she got utterly freaked out when my hand started moving, and the handwriting was super straight and perfect across the sheet of blank paper. I say again, I don't recall these conversations... Just the events. I also remember one day my dad asked me to ask them what the lottery numbers were going to be, and the spirits gave him 2 out of 3 correct numbers. That started another story in itself, which I won't go into right now.

Well, like they say, all good things eventually go sour. As I felt closer and closer to these entities, and my communications via ouija and automatic writing became stronger, the entities also appeared to grow more sinister. More and more they began talking about death, about my death in particular. I grew scared. But I also remember getting pissed. One of the things I had picked up on was that as they absorbed my energy, these beings also seemed to know my mind. I remember pissing off one of them one day because I would ask it a question, and as it was answering, I would think up a random word, and that's what it would write out. What's really funny was that it would tell me to stop doing that, and I could feel it was angry. But if I let it write out anything, it was always just telling me to kill myself. I may have been strange at 13, but I was not that crazy.

So the day came that I finally decided I was done. One day, I took my ouija board outside, broke it in half, and tossed it in the dumpster. I never heard from these beings again. Eventually, I even lost the ability of automatic writing. I never experienced any thing like chairs flying across the room, and getting attacked physically. I don't remember fearing that I was being watched ever. But I came out of this experience with a very strong lesson. We are surrounded by demons that look for any openings, and every vulnerability. They will befriend you, earn your trust, and then seek to destroy you, or those around you. They don't tell you anything you don't already know. But they will use that information to try to get you to do something else. The weaker you get, the stronger they grow. But when you start to resist, they start to lose control.

Ok, so what is my point again? These evil things, they get their strength from us, and they can influence us in any way to get the energy they need. Just something to think about. I should go over this essay to make sure it reads smoothly, but I won't. The story is there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, azlady82, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

davinity_trinity (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-18)
My experiences have been similar, in I agree the spirits somehow read your mind, because I can think of words in my mind or questions and it answers. I contact one spirit more often than others, named Bmei and another named Quinn and Mamot... Although I think it could be the same spirit. I do play alone and it takes a bit longer to get moving but then moves with speed but cannot spell accurately if I close my eyes... I've only played completely alone a couple times and it still works... Usually my fiance' is with me watching or playing. Bmei does not him and once he woke up with scratch marks on his face and I immediately took a picture. We still play. Quinn told us five months ago my fiance' would get a job in May and we would be moving out of the state... He just got a job last week and we are moving to Virginia. This was my only experience of a future event being predicted that was correct. Mostly, it somehow reads your mind, I thought it was able to know details somehow as it spelled out names of coworkers and random things we would ask... But to test this we just started thinking of random words or looking at an object in the room and not telling the other and it knows right away. It compliments me often and tells me things I like to hear, tells me it wants me trust him... Yes, it spells out sentences quickly and easily, sometimes so quick it's hard to keep track. Nevertheless, I don't fall for it, it lies often, and gets hostile towards my fiance' with threats "to get out". Other days he asks my fiance' to tell a joke and will reply with "haha". I'm sure people think we are foolish, but we are grown and knew about said risks when beginning to play. BTW the board was given to me by my uncle who didn't want it anymore. There is a story there, too. I'll post my entire story sometime, as there is soooo much more regarding Ouija Boards and experiences, but just wanted to comment how I agree with above story.
Jerry777 (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-09)
The first time I saw an ouija board, was when my seniors at a hostel used it. I was just 13 years old when it happened. My seniors called us all (Juniors) to a hall, without informing the warden and locked the door and they drew a circle, in middle of the circle they drew a star and placed this board on the middle of the star and lit five candles and called it the circle of light. Then the seniors said we can see the spirit and took a paper with a forgein language and started reading, then the candles stopped fluttering and the dice started moving and we found there was an extraordinary presence in the hall, a chill. The room was filled with smoke burning out of the candles and the warden came knocking on the door, the seniors packed up the board, without sending the spirit back. We opened the windos to let the smoke out and my collegues opened the door.

The warden thought we were smoking and smelt our mouth to ensure we were not. After supper we prayed and went to bed and turned off the light. Then I felt, that something was trying to pull my blanket and crush me with it and I felt someone was under my bed and playing a prank, I then heard my other friend giggling, he said 'stop it, stop it, who is tickling me? And other too felt someone was pulling our blanket and trying to suffocate us, thinking it was out seniors, my friend Jimmy got up from bed and switched the light on to see what was happening and then it stopped, the blankets stopped crushing us. But the senior who called the spirit was completely covered in blanket and we asked 'Bill wake up, are you alright'? There was no response and then a senior went towards him, pulled out his blanket and screamed in horror, Bill's face and body was torn, ripped and he was bleeding and still like a statue. I ran out of the bed to call the warden, the door was locked, I banged the door with the help of my friends, then suddenly, Bill woke up and screamed like a lion and spoke in a terrifying way in a diffrent language, we do not know. The warden came and unlocked the door and we ran out and hid behind the warden and she looked and saw that Bill was possessed. We told her everything and she brought in a priest from the local church and the priest came, prayed and sprinkled holy water on us. The priest went to bill and we peeped, bill was on the ed and moving like a snake and started abusing the priest and started hurting him, people living nearby took us boys to their home and later we were moved to the chapel. Early morning some of us boys went to the hostel to peep and see what was going on, there were strong men, they came and gagged Bill and tied him up, he was hurling abuses at them and then came in a priest -the excorcist. He saw that Bill was possesses and he asked the demon, what is your name, the demon said 'Belmuciar' and then the priest asked, 'why are you in Bill'? The spirit must have felt our presence, it said, 'i will not answer, when there is other's presence', the priest looked around and we ran to the ground and kept our ears wide open and heard the priest and the spirit speaking in the same unknown language. Then the spirit cried or roared and then we were all called. The priest enquired how this happened and asked for prayers to be performed, we did, when the priest left, he had a mirror and a small empty bottle sealed with him. My senior Bill was hospitalised and the board was destroyed in our presence. Now, I am all grown up, Bill died at the age of 26, he was suffering from blood cancer. Upon my personal investigation, I found out many things, that ghosts/spirits/vampires exists. The priest used mirrors to sent the spirit to the other world and teh bottle was also used to trap the demon or make him drink holy water forcefully. I studied a lot about these things and found that they were the spirits of nephlims, as stated in Genisis chapter 6 and because they cannot enter eternity, they roam around as evil spirits. Cain, I believe is the first vampire of the world. Possession: Science calls it multiple personality, paranoia, fits etc. Religion calls it demonic intervention of physcial and psychological activity. Science cannot cure possession, religion can. These things which the science cannot prove, they term it as 'paranormal'.
azlady82 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-08)
LisaJD30, fortunately I don't have any more horror stories to share! Haha my dad tried for years after that to get me to use the board again. He was sure it'd help him win the lottery (crazy, right?)! But I agree with everyone, this isn't to be taken lightly!

Spenser9997, I read all the precautions generally associated with using a Ouja Board AFTER I broke it and threw it in the dumpster. I can tell you I didn't do nearly half those things, like saying "goodbye" after each session to close the connection. Nothing spooky happened, and as far as I could tell, no one else in the house experienced anything weird. And when I threw it away, there certainly was no horror show following. I guess my point is there are no real rules other than to stay away all together. It is generally DURING playing, and how you deal with this experience that seems to be what you should be careful of. I am no expert outside of this experience by any means, but I agree with other users who say these entities have no real power other than how much they can influence you. If you bother to mess with this stuff at all, you'd best be a rational person who can't be swayed to do something or feel something you know is wrong or unnatural.
Crestal126 (74 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
See? Thats what demons do. They start of nice take your energy and then try to convince you to kill yourself and everyon Do not I repeat do not use Ouija boards ever!
ghost_girl_ (1 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-10-03)
that was cool I had a friend that used a ouija board and the next day she had devil horns on her door knocker
spencer9997 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
This was a very interesting Ouija board related experience. Most of the stories about them end up badly. If you would, could you give any more details regarding precautions and methods?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
LisaJD30,

I can try to answer your questions... Post them here...

(one of my Experiences)

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=12314

Or e-mail me via the address in my profile...I'd prefer to answer your questions here but I understand if you wish to keep it private.

Respectfully,

Rook
LisaJD30 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
I've had some ouija board experiences, but most of them have been tame. I feel sometimes that I'm the one controlling the board but I'm not too sure, could someone help me? And your story is quite good azlady82, love to hear more 😊
Jesus_soldier (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
Wow, this story was pretty good. Great message and ending as well.

Thank you for sharing 😁
Hitsugaya_Toshiro_ice (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Very interesting oujia board story indeed. ^w^
And you also give good advice there
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
run of the mill ghosts will absorb your energy so they can have the energy to do what they want to do. This doesn't sound demonic in nature.
azlady82 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Thanks, everyone. I'm glad you all didn't think this experience was too stupid haha. To this day I still remember the exhaustion that came with playing with the ouija board. Whenever I see or hear about a ghost story, like the Amityville haunting, I get chills. I have a first hand experience of how these entities can try to influence you. They can smell vulnerability like a dog smells fear. The more you believe, and the more you interact with them, the more power they receive. My life has been fairly normal since then, but I'm pretty sure it's because I feel more or less indifferent. I don't mess with them, and they don't mess with me. At least not that I can hear or see!
ritwik (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
azlady

A very fine narration instead. I too have a experience with ouija which was realy SCARY and a bit confusing. I too had expertised in ouija and then suffered. I will surely publish my story...
RandyR (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Where I come from we can't buy ouija boards so we had to make them our self. We used paper that we wrote down everything and used a glass to move around. In order to make the glass move easy we put it over a burning candle to fill it with hot air. Myself I'm a bit skeptic and boring so I often destroyed the excitement for my friends telling them about unconscious movements and so on.

Thanks for sharing this story!
Takishima (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
I also live in India and as "sds" says they are not selled it in stores. I also wanted to experience it so I took a paper wrote down every details and made the alphabets in a circlear manner and called out the sprits nothing happened where did I go wrong? 😕
.
.
Thanks for sharing relly nice story and a good advice for the beginners!
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
azlady I found your account fasinating to read and, like Jav, an ouija board experience that didn't piss me off!

I can remember in primary school some classmates decided to do a "session" with a homemade board in the library which I didn't bother joining in as I knew it would be bad though didn't know why. Thankfully nothing came of it for those involved as they were trying to contact someone who was still alive but reportedly dead (was Evil Kenivel to be precise 😆)

To this day I would NEVER consider doing it unless I knew how to do so correctly and even then I'd be reluctant!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
azlady,

YES! I have finally found a Quija board experience that doesn't piss me off! And let me just say how impressed I am with your resolve. When you decided you had seen enough, that was it. No messing around. No long, drawn out scenes involving the feeling of being watched. No Hollywood hype thrown in. No revisiting scenes from The Exorcist, The Omen, Paranormal Activity, The Ring, Entity, etc.
"Just the facts ma'am"
There is so much to be said for brevity. I fear it has become a dying art.

Welcome to YGS azlady. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Jav 😁
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Azlady - Wonderful narration! It was refreshing to read an account such as your's.

Thank you!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
Dear azlady, A wonderful narration indeed and a good moral at the end of the story. But I had bad experiences with Ouija board, which I would narrate in a separte story. I also started when I was very young and did get some answers. But, I wasn't alone at that time. In our country, India, Ouija boards, are not sold in toy stores and in our society, we are dissuaded from playing with anything paranormal. But, Ouija board is not a play thing, not even to a grown adult and especially to children. Thanks for sharing your story.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
Wow, very well written story. After everything I've heard about ouija boards, I will never use them again. I did once with friends when I was 13 but nothing happened, thank goodness. I wasn't aware of the dangers at that time in my life. It also appears that you are lucky. Others claim that they were unable to get rid of the demons and spirits merely by destroying the board.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
HOly cow Andrea, that has been sold in toy stores since they first started making those things! (In mass production at least). Where else are they going to sell them? The thing about Ouija boards that I don't understand is, they aren't any worse than the flashlight tricks we pulled. Anything you do to communicate with the other side is a tool or "toy" to do so. I personally don't see the big whoop in Ouija boards, but apparently enough other people do.
Andrea22 (5 stories) (65 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
They sell those at toy stores? Really?Shit...that needs to change. I don't know why it's passed off as a toy. Serious things obviously happen. Kind of makes me sad because I wonder, if the bad things weren't getting in the way, if it would be an easy we way to talk to good people that have passed away?
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
azlady

This is a very well written account, definately a must read for anyone thinking about using a ouija board.

I also marvel at how ouija boards are sold at Toy stores and your typical department stores as a board 'game'. They are anything but a simple game in my opinion and your story just goes to show that too.

Thanks for sharing I really enjoyed this 😊
stephyw2001 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
Hey! A ouija board story that's good! Alright! I'm glad you had something happen when you played with a Ouija board. I played with them when I was a kid over at my friend's house who had one (I wasn't allowed to have one because it would invite the devil in) but I never had any conversations with anything. I know it was my friend moving the pointer.:-/ Cool that you moved it by yourself, that rules out shady friends. But also brings in the horrific thought of "Am I schizophrenic?" Oh well. You can talk to yourself, you can play with yourself, you can argue with yourself. The only thing you need to worry about is losing the argument to yourself... Nice story, good moral at the end. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: