You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Guardian Angel Story

Real Ghost Stories

My Guardian Angel Story

 

I'm not using real names for any persons passed on or alive, and the stories I send now all centre around Tim, my friend's husband, and everything he told us happened this past weekend, so my stories all basically start the same way.

This past weekend, 6 to 7 October 2012, my friend Elaine, her husband Tim and their kids visited with us. Tim has been able to see and communicate with spirits since he was a little boy. It drains him physically, causing headaches, and mentally, but he says he cannot fight if they need to communicate.

On Saturday, after the kids had been swimming and Elaine and I sat outside talking, Tim had said he was tired and went to lie down. I mentioned to her that I had specific questions for him in regards to another presence I have been sensing lately. Therefore, when he woke up she told him I had questions and he obliged.

I asked him if he could sense anyone around me, as, for the past 2 weeks at least, I have the distinct feeling that I am not alone. Nowhere at home, not in my car and not at work. He sat for a few seconds and then started describing a man, very tall, over 6 feet, with light brown hair, wearing glasses and seeming to be mid to late 20's. He asked me if any of that gave an indication of someone who had passed on that I know, and I immediately said "Charles". Tim then stood up out of his chair and said, "say hi to him, he is here". I immediately could feel his presence again, at this point, I had also stood up and I could feel him to my right, goose bumps had broken out over my body and I was shaking a bit. Tim lit a cigarette and then he gave a little jump and looked at me. He asked me if Charles didn't like cigarettes, as he was trying to get him to put it out by nudging his hand, and I started laughing. Charles was a health nut; he had spent 3 hours a day in the gym, did not smoke, barely tolerated it and only had the occasional glass of red wine when he and his dad were together.

While still standing, Tim and Elaine's youngest, she is 3-years old, came to ask her mom something. She walked right up to where Charles was standing, then sidestepped and walked around him. She did the same thing when she went back to the other kids as well.

I then thought of things to ask him, as the gateway seemed to be open and he wanted to talk to me. So, I asked him why he was here. He said that he had passed over but he has a very strong feeling that our family needs protecting, and he has been looking out for me for quite some time. I asked him if he was with us when Tyler, one of my boys, ended up in a coma in 2008 and came to the brink of death 3 times in the 32 days that he was comatose. Charles said yes, he was always on the left side of the room, next to the machines (his ventilator was on the left side of the bed). I asked if he had been there the night the boys were born, and this time he made Tim sigh and said; "You like asking dumb questions Dolly". Dolly was a nickname he had for me. I laughed at this.

Then a thought occurred to me. The weekend of the 22nd of September was a long weekend in South Africa, as Monday the 24th was a public holiday. We had driven to Mozambique (that is cross border into a whole other country for us) for the weekend to visit my dad. We had left the Friday afternoon and I was driving as we hit a mountain pass. Now, I do not see very well in the dark, and my mom kept asking me if I did not want to pull over and let her or her sister drive. However, I had the strongest feeling that I was supposed to stay behind the wheel, so I kept driving. Then, on a sharp turn to the right, I saw headlights coming straight for us, but I was completely and utterly calm. I saw a truck overtaking another truck right in front of us and essentially, I should have hit the truck in my lane head-on. However, my hands moved of their own accord, veering the vehicle to the left, into the emergency lane so we passed the truck safely, and then I got back onto the road. The moment we were back on the road and the trucks were behind us, full-blown shock hit me. I could not believe that we had survived. My aunt told me if she had stuck her hand out the window, she would have been able to touch the truck. I had not yanked the wheel, which is what my reaction would have been. So I asked Charles if he had anything to do with keeping me calm on that road and he said yes. He had been with me and had calmed me down. I burst into tears then. Through Tim he said, "Don't cry Dolly." At this point both Tim and Elaine came to me and gave me a hug.

When I had calmed down, I asked questions that only Charles would know, and he answered every question just the way I had known him to answer when he was alive. I asked him if he was the one responsible for making the TV go on by itself if we had a comedy in the DVD player. Tim smiled and said; "he says it was Bart Simpson. As in, you didn't see me do it, you can't prove it." Which is something Charles always said to me if he pulled a prank on me and I could not call him on it. Tim went serious for a moment and then he said, "Charles wants to know why you don't know where your candles are." I almost dropped the glass I was holding. On Thursday, we had had power outages and I had scrambled around the dark house looking for the backup light or candles. My kids do not cope well in the dark, and I distinctly remember knowing that someone was in the kitchen with me as I searched. I found them eventually but had two panicked 5-year olds by that point.

He also told me not to fall asleep with my phone in my bed. He sits behind the driver's seat in my car when I am driving and let's a ball that the kids left in the car roll to the front and hit my feet. Considering that I need to concentrate when driving, I get annoyed by the second or third time this happens, and as I was explaining this to Elaine, Tim piped up and said, "But you never get scared, you just get annoyed". Again, this was Charles playing with me. Tim noted that, when this happened, I could look around, no other cars would be near me.

I now know that the person following me is the person I initially thought was the male presence in my house. Which, technically, I was not wrong about. He is there more than he is away from me, and, knowing he is looking out for us is reassuring, especially given the fact that I'm a single mother and in a few months my mom will be in Mozambique as well.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
I'm just glad that you are out of that house. These kind of houses are never good to be in for long. I would love to see the slide show of your son.

Although, I'm not a mother myself, I do have lots of nieces and nephews and two set of them are twins. I seriously would not know what I have done if anyone of them got seriously sick or hurt. Thankfully, there are a doctors who are willing to go that extra mile to help us.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
Geetha
It seems my follow up on the Overlook will not be published. Tim could tell me the instance of the very first murder in the house. The woman who crawled into my room. She was indeed killed right there. Then her husband (the killer) placed her body in the bath tub in their room (which is the tub I feared) and where the grandmother died later. The husband killed his entire family in that house, and then went behind the bar, smoked a cigarette and shot himself. My sister and cousin frequently told my mom they heard a baby crying in the house, I never heard this and only found out about this recently. The husband had killed their baby, though Tim refused to go into any details in that instance.

There definitely was some kind of portal in this house. Living there, it was like the negativity and badness took control of everyone. There were endless fights in that house.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Geetha
When he was in the coma, I had daily messages from people that I have never met, who wanted updates on his condition. They ran daily updates on a Gospel Radio station here in south africa, my dad's cousin is a Pastor and lives in Korea, his church were praying for him. They got a church in the US praying for him as well. I had people catching up with me in the hospital hallways, pulling me into rooms, praying for us. My sister's husband and my one cousin kept telling me not to give up, this was not the end. It was the hardest time of my life, I still cry if I think about it. My cousin made a slide show with pictures and information on my little boy, and it also was sent all over the show (give me a shout if you'd like to see). I got calls from churches all over asking that we come give testimony about him.

I thank God every single day that my twins stayed a pair, and the doctor still says that if he wasn't one of a set of twins he never would have fought as hard as he did.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
My grandmother always says the God never let's go of his children. He may test us but never let's us go. What your son went though made him and the rest of the family stronger, appreciate life even more and have faith in a higher power. Although a lot of people won't agree. I'm happy that your son is doing better.

I know you moved out of the house but did you or your family ever do a history check on the house?

Personally, I think because of some of the bad things that happened in the house, it created a portal for other bad beings to come though.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Hi Geetha
I understand the whole memory loss scenario 😜 my mom is only 49 and since she got sick last year, her memory is really bad at times. Its full blown summer here (though we are in the thunder storm and wind part of summer).

I tend to think it was meant to be that I met Elaine and got to know Tim. I never question things like this. I didn't question God on why my little boy had gotten so sick, it never seemed important to me, and I don't question meeting people who have opened up new horizons in my life experiences. Ca se ra, whatever will be will be.

The Overlook story took a turn. I wrote about it but the poor mods have not gotten to publishing the follow up yet. That house screams "violence begets violence". If you live there for just a few months, you tend to get very angry. We had been there 4 months and my dad and his brother (who is his best friend in the whole world) came to blows, literally. Something like that has never happened in my family before. If people get riled up, my dad is always the medeator, always calms everyone down. I really believe that the entities in that house cause people to turn violent.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-29)
Just went back to read your other stories as a reminder. I tend to get a short term memory loss when the winter season starts coming. 😆

I love this story because I know the feeling of having someone there to protect you, even though they are not of this world.

As for your Outlook story, that is really creepy. I don't think I ever want to live in a place like that!
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Triden

I really loved this story! It's amazing that Chrales looks over you and your family and keeps you safe. The incident with the truck just shows he is always with you.

Thanks for sharing 😊 ❤
matsaw (2 stories) (38 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
I really have enjoyed all of the stories that you have posted so far, they shine a little light on a subject that's usually a little dark. Thank you for posting and please keep them coming!
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Lol triden,
It was a long time ago for me; I don't remember our route, only that we came up from Kimberley, in my dad's VW Combi. We first visited the Kruger National Park, coming out at the Crocodile River Bridge. We crossed into Mozambique at the nearest border post; the road from there to Lourenco Marques (still under Portuguese rule) was mainly dirt road and very narrow. We stayed at a camping ground, a little to the north of Lourenco Marques... So you see the progress, in the last 50 odd years?
Call me a packrat if you will; I still have my passport from those days.

Our eldest daughter has been somewhere up the coast in Mozambique, to swim with the dolphins.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Oh, Jav
Since you liked my story of the Overlook so much, I'm waiting for the second one to be published. I had started telling Tim about the house, and he "saw" the entire scene play out. I was right, the shower was the start of the woman's murder, and it ended in my room, the one she crawled into...
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Hi Javelina
It was an absolute pleasure to have you reading my stories, I'm glad you enjoyed them. Hoping when the others get published you will enjoy them just as much.

I always thought it so sad that my mom lost her mother at such an incredibly young age, and then finding out gran has always been there, she saw my sister and I grow up and now she is a part of her great-grandsons' lives too. Tim says that, even when mom moves, gran will be keeping an eye on me too. I'm thinking with 2 guardians, a girl can't go wrong 😜 though Charles has told me more than once "remember you're not bullet proof"

If there is one thing I have learnt, the bond between a parent and a child is one that stays through all the storms of life (and afterlife). I now appreciate the amazingness of my mother all the more. She is an exceptional woman.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Triden,
These are all lovely accounts that show a very special bond between you and the spirits (guardian angels too) that keep you and yours safe. You have given me the inspiration I have been needing to write about my own mother. Thank you for that. ❤
I do hope you won't have a hard time adjusting when your mother goes off to Mozambique. But I also believe that you are being given that time for a reason.
I love the Superman reference you use for Charles. My husband and he could be twins. People will describe him to others as "the guy who looks like Clark Kent". Very athletic, always has been. Too funny!
Thank you for inviting me over to read, I needed this. Seriously.

Jav 😊
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Hey Fergie
We drove around the Nelspruit side, Komatipoort, Machadodorp, on the road Tolla v/d Merwe died, up over that pass. There have been a lot of roadworks, and even on the Mozambique side, the roads are fairly good. Though, we went to Xinevane and didn't go through Maputo, we took a back road and you get onto a stretch that is maybe 130km's just dirt road, it takes 4 hours if you drive in a normal car and not a 4x4. Not a good idea to take your Renault Megane out on that road, especially not at night 😆
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Triden,
You are so lucky to have such an 'active' guardian angel! The last time I went to Mozambique, (back in '61) the roads were terrible... I imagine that they are a lot worse now. You had a 'narrow squeak' with the trucks. Something similar happened to me, with my 3 girls in the back of our station wagon, on our way down to Durban. That was many years ago... I now wonder who my guardian angel was. 😕

Keep 'em coming triden; I love your accounts.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
samtillie:
Cheeky, oh yes. He still gets up to mischief. Last Saturday (20 October) Tim and Elaine were at my house, as per my request, and we were standing in the diningroom talking about the malevolent spirit that made its presence clear between tuesday and wednesday, and I could feel Charles running his fingers up and down my arm. I started giggling and Tim leaned forward and said "Charles says its just a shame you wouldn't feel it if he wet his finger and stuck it in your ear." he did that a lot when he was alive and he knows how much I hate it. LOL
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Isandhu:
As soon as posting opens up I have a story that happened last week. Tim was the medium as per usual but it was an incredibly frightening experience for me. I saw how far Tim's power stretched last Wednesday night, and Charles made himself so prominent, in my terrified state, trying to calm me down and comfort me.

Samtillie:
Oddly enough, I have always referred to Charles as my version of Superman. He had a beautiful face, but he wore glasses, so he kind of hid it, and he tended to be quite shy. But, as I mentioned, he spent hours in the gym every day, so he was quite buff LOL. I had the biggest crush on him for ages, but I never told him. I think I may have been afraid that he would distance himself from me if I did. So I eventually became content with him as my "big brother". Still love him very much though.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Your posts are fascinating Triden07. Please tell us more about Tim. I wish I knew someone like that.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
What a lovely story, he must care for you a lot. Your friend sounds like a cheeky spirit haha x

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: