You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Just A Little Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Just A Little Goodbye

 

Since finding out about my guardian, and Kiddo, I have been thinking about experiences I have had in my life. To my knowledge I have never had experiences with negative entities (apart for the thing in my house 3 weeks ago) and I could not recall ever seeing a ghost/spirit. Until last night.

Mom and I had been talking about people we had lost to suicide in particular and she mentioned a friend of theirs who passed away when I was eight years old. His name was Kobie. He was a wonderful man, my mom always says he was so attractive (though when I was that age I really loved him, but come on, a little girl rarely thinks about looks at that age). I just remember he and I had a very special bond. For some reason I have had special bonds with men all through my life. My mom said again last night; he really had a special place for me.

He had been married to a woman who I barely remember. The only recollection I have is that she had long blonde hair. My mom just refers to her as the "blonde bomb". I know I never liked the woman. And she had cheated on her husband. She left him for a man not even close to his calibre, and it broke Kobie. A week before he died, we were all at my godparent's house for a little get together, and Kobie made a point of dancing with me on the song "Heading for a fall" by Vaya Con Dios. It's something I will never forget.

The next Saturday we had been helping my uncle (dad's brother) and family move into a new house, when they got the call that Kobie had died. We all gathered, again at my godparents' house, and the mood was so sad. They tried not to speak in too much detail about how Kobie was found, after all, I was eight and my little sister was five. At some point the adults decided we had to be tired, so they put us in one of the guest bedrooms. My sister fell asleep quite fast. I, on the other hand, could not sleep. I could hear the adults in the lounge, speaking in hushed tones. As I lay there, trying to sleep and finding it very difficult, a light appeared in the room. Not blinding, just sharp enough that I opened my eyes and looked to the end of the bed. And there was Kobie. He stood there, looking down at me, with the same expression he always wore around me, then he gave me a broad smile and waved at me before fading away.

I wasn't scared. When he had faded away, I got up and went to the lounge. I walked in to hear how Kobie was found, and to today, I won't ever forget that. I walked to my mom and told her Kobie was just in the room, and the adults thought that I was over tired and that maybe the day's events had gotten to me. So they humoured having me with them as they spoke about what had to be done.

When I spoke about this to my mom last night, she nodded her head and said she remembered everything about that night. And she believes that Kobie was really there, that he felt he couldn't leave until he had come to say goodbye to me.

Other hauntings by triden07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, triden07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-26)
triden07, your experience was touching, to say the least. I have never been moved so much by any other narrator on this site! That said, I also want to add that this reminds me of an incident I had with my granny's spirit, of which I'll write soon. God bless.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
Triden07: Sorry for your loss, Kobie sounded like a wonderful person, I'm glad he got to say goodbye to you one last time. Thanks again for sharing.

Dan
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Dear RedWolf
You know, a person tends to forget so many things as they grow older, but when my mom reminded me of this specific event, I could see it so clearly as if it happened yesterday, and not 20 years ago.
I remember that I knew why he was there, marrow deep, he just wanted me to know he was ok. And it made me see him in a new light.
I will never forget him.
But, its the same with Charlie. He never came to say goodbye, instead he stayed to look after me;)
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Dear Triden07
This is a very beautiful story. Very touching. Although I feel bad that you lost your friend I am so glad that he came to you to say good bye.
Keep that memory close to your heart. He may still be near and watches over you.
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-11)
Sceptic-Ari
Hi Ari
Thank you for the kind words. He was truly a great guy and I find it horrible that a woman could drive him down that road. Up until today I tear up when I hear that song, always think of him.
Atleast he is at peace.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-11)
Dear Triden07,
A very touching tale, soulfully narrated.
I am sorry for your loss of Kobie, esp.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: