You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Is It My Friend Or Someone Else?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It My Friend Or Someone Else?

 

This is my first experience I have written about, and I haven't really told many people about it either. So here goes.

Unfortunately, this story starts with a sad beginning. One of my closest friends died in April this year. I can't tell you how, as I don't want to upset his family. I should also tell you that he was my boyfriend for three and a half years and that we split amicably last year. We still wanted to be in each others' lives, just not a couple. He was one of the sweetest people you could ever meet and would do anything for anyone. He was also an avid ghost hunter and has been all over the county we live in. We live in a county with a lot of history and a lot of it is not happy.

About 3 weeks after he died, my current boyfriend and myself were getting ready for bed. We had just settled down and were having a cuddle before sleep when we heard what sounded like someone coming up the stairs. My boyfriend and I looked at each other quietly as the sound continued to travel. Then we heard the floor boards in my spare bedroom move as if being walked upon. Suddenly my boyfriend flinched and said "Did you just cough?" I said "No, it wasn't me". Then suddenly the bed moved as if someone had sat on it. I asked my boyfriend if he had felt it too and he said he had.

We didn't think much more about it, as I think my house has a couple of ghosts, I thought it might be one of them.

I went to sleep that night thinking nothing more of it. And that night was the only dream I've had of him since he died. In the dream he knocked on my door and was stood there. I asked him what he was doing here and he told me he wanted me to know he was ok and happy. I asked if he'd been to see anyone else and he told me no.

Was the visit from him? If it was, was he trying to let me know he was still there? What do you guys think?

Other hauntings by Jennilou87

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jennilou87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2017-02-20)
Jennilou87, I don't think that he is still here, but, I can tell that you feel that maybe he is, for some reason. I've been reading your stories since your post "His Coffee Just Vanished" and I must say, that I am beginning to believe that maybe, there are genuinely gifted people who have the psychic ability to receive messages in their dreams, afterall... Much like, other people who have;
Clairaudience - message/s etc through hearing
Empaths - message/s etc through emotions
Precognition - message/s etc ability to perceive future events
Scrying - message/s etc through a medium ie. Crystal ball and detect or receive specific information, and so on.

Your stories seem to have an element of authenticity / and conscientiousness that is direct, genuine and undeniably true. If so, you are very fortunate to have the ability to conduct this delicate task/procedure and you've retained the ability throughout your life. It is a difficult situation and task because death is a sensitive and emotional experience. You are so lucky to be able to know with certainty that a loved-one who has passed is okay and furthermore, receive specific messages with important meaning, while, other people will never get an answer/s or have complete confidence in their loved-ones peace.

You are truly fortunate to have met with him and to know that is okay, and his love and concern for you went beyond the boundaries of this life.
Jennilou87 (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-27)
[at] Khili, yes, the animal who killed him is currently serving a life sentence to serve a minimum of 27 years for double murder. He not only killed my friend but also a girl who was there.

Absolutely shocking way to die.

I think about him often and smile at the thought of him scaring us all half to death lol:-)
Khili180 (3 stories) (78 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-20)
Oh my god... So sorry to hear that jenni... Stabbed oh my god: (really sad. Yes I think it was him too. Maybe because you were missing him so much- just to let you know he's alright and you needn't worry. I hope whoever murdered him gets punished. Take care:)
Jennilou87 (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-20)
Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I've posted on my story, but I can now update you.

The reason I was so upset about him dying (aside from the obvious) is because of how he died.

I can now tell you that he was murdered (stabbed to death). So his death was very sudden. I couldn't tell you this before as the trial for his murder was still on going.

I hope this answers any questions you may have.

Best wishes,

Jennilou
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
I'm agreeing with everyone els. It was probably him. They do that. My condolences on your loss. Hang in there.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Jennilou,So sorry for your loss. I do believe he was truly letting you know he was ok, and hey maybe hes enjoying being a ghost. Since that's what he enjoyed being part of. And I'm sure he would let you know he was there in some way, shape or form. Great story.
Jennilou87 (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Thanks guys, I miss him a lot and I always think about him. I think he would love being a ghostie. He loved all this. He even got a couple of pics of a building, and in one pic in two of the windows, you can clearly see two human like shaddows. This building has been shut for years and is tightly secured so you can't get in. He was so excited when he showed me lol. Bless him
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
I agree with Miracles on this. I also wonder if on some level had you been wondering if he was alright. Perhaps something to due with how he died?
Is he still there? Only you have the answer to that.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
Jennilou - this is only my opinion, but when he told you he was okay, I think he wanted to reassure you that he is okay. Had you been wondering about him, even subconsciously, worrying if he was okay? I can't answer the question about is he still there. If he is there, I think he'll let you know. Hopefully this was all he needed to do.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: