You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: His Coffee Just Vanished

Real Ghost Stories

His Coffee Just Vanished

 

This evening, something weird happened.

I made my fiancé, Gino, and myself a cup of coffee. I brought them through to our bedroom and put his on the small table on his side of our bed.

About half an hour later, Gino turns to me and asks if I drank his coffee. I told him I hadn't and he showed me his empty coffee cup. I then realised he picked it up off the floor rather than the table and asked him if he moved it from the table and he said no.

Gino swears he didn't drink it, hadn't even touched it!

I'm wondering if it's our resident ghost we call "Phylis".

Has anyone else had anything like this happen? We've never had anything like this happen, and to be honest, it's kind of freaked us out a little bit.

We are used to little things being moved, and the feeling of being watched, even being touched, but this has come out of the blue!

I've even seen our "Phylis" on a few occasions.

Gino had a dream about his grandad, who sadly passed away, where he heard his voice. Definitely a visit from his grandad! But his grandad never drank coffee, always tea.

We really are scratching our heads over who this could be. Maybe even what it could be?

The atmosphere in the house has been very weird today too. Like really awkward. Even as I'm sat here writing this, the atmosphere feels almost charged, like when you accidentally walk in on an argument or people talking about you. But when we went out earlier, everything felt fine and the atmosphere was light.

If anyone could shed any light onto what's going on, we'd be truly grateful!

Other hauntings by Jennilou87

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jennilou87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jennilou87 (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-19)
[at] aerth, trust me, he didn't drink it, so may things have been happening around here, it's getting to be more frequent and more intense...
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-19)
I' have had things go missing but never like this!

I've always chalked it up to being a sort of scatterbrain.
Aerth (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-18)
Hello.

I will start by saying that it is not like I don't believe in your stories about Phylis. But for coffee there may be a rational explanation.

Sometimes, where people do a common, everyday thing, they may do it without their mind registering it. Then later it is like they don't remember doing it. So maybe your fiance drunk the coffee, but his mind just didn't registered it. I had several situations when I turned off tv before going out of house and even before I left my street I was wondering if tv was turned off.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-16)
Hello Jennilou87, I enjoyed reading your experience. Well, as Val said, if you are quite nervous and feel weird about the presence and if your gut feeling is quite negative, try Rook's Cleansing method. It has helped many and it would definitely help you too.

Inform us any developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
-See2Believe- (2 posts)
-2
7 years ago (2017-02-15)
Hey Jenni To Be Honest And My Best Result Is That It Couldve Been A Ghost Or Some Sort Of High Power Energy Capable Of Sucking In Things Like A Portal Or Black Hole Causing Them To Vanish I'm Telling You This Because A Blunt Of Weed Vanished Infront Of My Eyes When I Have Time I Will Publish That On My Profile Because This Is Something To Actaully Hear Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-15)
kikiGirl; Well thank you for agreeing with my comment, but let me say something more, it does not really matter how wise and experience you are in this case and I am quite familiar with "the religion" stated (sorry, I didn't meant to be religious and also I might be wrong). The Legba here resembles Death and having any promises with or summoning such being would be risky even if you are the Pope; you are not contacting just any spirit, but a being somewhat close to an angel (or a demon) contacting the elders of the spiritual world is always considered very dangerous no matter what.

I am not adding up or advising anything just to warn the OP if they would ever have a chance of doing so (contacting Legba), DO NOT RISK IT.

Senhora Lady-glow; This time I might be the one misleading her because I was trying to help her in her last stories LOL

I am not sure yet, because so far as I know not all of her stories are "problematic".
Let's be more open minded so that "good" new members can join us;-)

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2017-02-14)
KikiGirl: it seems to me that you were morphing into a Neanderthal! 😆 😆
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
-3
7 years ago (2017-02-14)
Jennilou87 I really do think that you should take to heart and consideration what Roylynx has just explained. Doing spells leaves much to be desired. 4 example, on an occasion I wanted to see my previous life. So, I looked up a meditation on the internet - it said to look into the mirror with a candle in complete darkness, and say something to the effect of, "oracle of the lunar light, show me now your second site" - so, I am thinking, second site means previous life - C00L! So, I started doing it and for a while nothing happened and then, suddenly, I started growing these whiskers and hair... My skin is crawling, I cannot describe. It was not delicate, graceful or neat - I really looked like American Werewolf! Luckily - only in the mirror. So, I ran outta there! Thinking back I realized that the spell misguided me totally - it was probably a spell to become a werewolf or something - you know? Lunar light and so on. So, don't trust spells and things, unless, you are a seasoned, skilled and studied professional with a lot of support from a religious group, as well as, intellectual group to see if it is, in fact, safe and true!

Like Roylynx said, most spells don't end up well, especially, by a new person practicing a religion who has not yet deciphered and fully translated the material and literature that you are working with. We serve this as a warning!

There will be plenty of time to do such things when you are wise and experienced with regards to those things in your practice!
roylynx (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-14)
Jennilou87, Wow! Let me say something, but I think you already know it.
Doing any sort of spell by an amateur person will have high chance ending up badly! So you might want to seek for a help.

Talking about Legba or Papa Legba as some people will say the closest being that I have information on is St. Peter, the opener of Way or the Trickster, sorry for being a little religious but summoning such being is really not for any amateurs, it is said to better keep away. Hope you are well/

Love from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Jennilou87 (6 stories) (19 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
Thanks guys for all of your stories and suggestions. Since writing this I've realised a few things. Gino and myself got interested in Voodoo, the real religion not the faked Hollywood stuff, and found it to be quite a peaceful religion, that made a lot of sense to us regarding spirits etc. We decided we wouldn't try anything until we found out more bout the religion and if we could practice and ask questions to the people who are already involved. I found out the other night, that dispite the fact that we agreed not to, Gino tried to get help from the spirits using a voodoo spell. After he'd done this, the coffee disappeared. Then tonight, I heard what sounded like the back door closing went out to check and both doors are wide open. My mother in law was in her bedroom. Normally his wouldn't faze me, but Gino had just been out there, said the doors were closed and this happened 30 seconds after he came back into our room!

As I'm typing this Gino looked up Spirits that accept coffee as an offering from the voodoo world, Google came up straight away with the answer... A sprit called Legba... Apparently he stands at the spiritual cross roads and gives or denies permission to speak with the spirits...

He appears as an old man leaning on a cane. Gino saw an old man in our local supermarket staring at him, he even mentioned it to me at the time, but I just shrugged it off...

He apparently loves dogs and looks after them but makes them feel uncomfortable. Our dog was being really clingy after Gino did this spell...

So much is making sense now!
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
This is one very very interesting story!
Well, if there is Phylis the following might be helpful for you.

I have an Asian friend whom owns a (herbal) medicine store, his store was known to be haunted by the old owner, whom was his grandfather (or grandmother?), every evening he and his wife will make some congee (Chinese style wet rice?) and put it on the floor, in front of the store. The next day they will find the bow emptied out, yes, they believe that the "old owner" ate it, it could be animals though, but who knows.

Asians believes that spirits haunts the land and not the building, that is why no matter how many time the place is changed there will be ghost stories to tell. They like to share the space with spirits and let them do what they need as long as they don't do any harm. They temp to not to get scared of whatever that is there and let time do its job (there are believes that a spirit could "die" too but that could take 400 years). Oh, yes, they temp to "share" the food putting them on the floor, like as an offer or something, so in your case it could be Phylis.

As long as it is not harmful just let it be there, if you are used to it. Say a prayer for it and be kind, it can do no harm as long as you don't fear it.

Blessing from São Paulo
E.Lynx
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
Well, I suppose it's true - once a caffaholic, ALWAYS a caffaholic;)

I can't help but think of Neil Gaeman's 'American Gods' (even though your story is from the UK - the ideas in the book would still hold, I figure) when I read stories like yours. Mankind has long made offerings and sacrifices to gods and spirits - and, if one goes by the notions in the book, just because people have largely stopped such practices doesn't mean that said entities have ceased needing or wanting them. Perhaps, some household entity saw it as an offering. Naturally the book was primarily a work of fiction but, to an agnostic with pagan leanings like me, a lot of the reasoning made a kind of sense:)

Have you tried repeating the experience?
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
Jennilou87, quite a funny story! It sounds a lot like my boyfriend trying to get more coffee out of me - "oh, no! I didn't drink it, did you?... Can you make me another cup, then?"

There has been a few strange things that I've experienced, as well as some people I know. Little things like, your panties going missing or the coffee machine brewing on its own or putting down an item and recovering it months later.

Regards your description of the atmosphere, it is a bit worrying. Maybe, that is why it is so important to find out if/who somebody is trying to make contact.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-13)
Hi Jennilou, far out.

Umm yeah, that's sort of all I got, lol.
We have a resident phantom tea maker at our place but never had anything consumed. That's bizarre. I agree with Val, try a cleansing if it's freaking you out. Where was it on the floor? Was it out of the way, or somewhere it might get in the way? The placement of the cup could tell you something about whoever did it. 😕 Also do you usually bring coffee in like that? Maybe the ghost thought you'd made one for them. 😕 I really don't know.

Thanks for sharing.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-12)
hi jennilou87. Your story is super scary. This reminds me of an entity we called as "tumatawo" in bicol (Philippines) back when I was just a kid. Supposedly, every house has one or two tumatawo. It kind of reminded me that because you said in your story, your atmosphere would differ from when your inside and from when you are outside the house. This entity that I am talking about are very sensitive to this. They are also very touchy and they always make themselves known. I remember when I was a kid, these entity would always call my name whenever night falls, and my grandmother at that time would always tell me to pay no atention to it because if you do, it wil play tricks on you. Hope this comment help you hehehe. Thank you for sharing your experience
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-12)
I enjoyed your story. Although I know that when things disappear for no apparent reason it can be extremely disconcerting and very disruptive. Phylis, or whoever, more than likely threw the coffee down the bathroom sink. I don't think a ghost would drink coffee but who am I to make that assumption.

About a year ago my glasses (specs) disappeared for about three weeks. There are only two places I keep them and they were in neither of those places. My husband and I literally pulled my bedroom apart, including taking off mattress etc, no sign of said glasses. Fortunately I had a spare pair but no longer the required strength. Eventually the penny dropped and I said to my resident ghost "okay I know you took my glasses, please return them, this is really awkward for me". Lo and behold a day later the glasses resurfaced under my night stand!

On a lighter note, sorry I know this is a long comment but your experience really tickled me, a few years ago I made a small pot of tea. When I returned the teapot had vanished. About an hour later I found the teapot in my fridge. I did not put it down to ghostly activity but to my own befuddled mind. But then again, who knows!?
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-12)
Jennilou,
You aren't alone. I've had coffee both 'transport' itself to another room, and another time brew itself. I posted the experiences here a while back.
If it makes you nervous, you could try Rook's Cleansing and Shielding methods, it's on his profile.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-12)
Jenniliu87,

I was young girl, and at the time this happened I lived in a home that had lots of activity.

Anywho... One evening my Step-dad has placed a baking sheet full of fish inside the oven. I watched him set it inside and walk away.

I remember this because I then and still can't eat fish. I was absolutley dreading this meal.

Anyhow...
We were all in the livingroom watching tv, he got up to check on the fish, and start the sides.

He yelled my mothers name, and she walked into the kitchen.
I heard him ask her,where'd the fish go? Did you do something with it?
She said no, and they looked inside the fridge, in the broiler part of the oven, even in the microwave.

I watched them in amazement, as they looked all over the kitchen to no avail.

He took out the sheet, only thing on it were a few crumbs from the breading and the outlines of where the fish had previously been.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-12)
That's really interesting! Last September, I got my clothes together that I was going to put on, after I took a shower. I placed my clothes on my bed. When I got through with my shower, and went into my room to put my clothes on, my panties were gone! I know it's funny to say, but I couldn't understand where they went. I looked everywhere! They were no where to be found. Until 2 months later, I got up at 6am, to get my boys up, and ready for school. When I got back from getting them on the bus, I go back to lay down on my bed, and what do you know, right on top of my pillow, there's my panties! I had washed my bed sheets like twice after they "disappeared". Plus, I move a lot in my sleep. So for them to just be placed on top of my pillow like that, was weird! I asked my husband about it, and he didn't do it. He was asleep in bed when this happened too. I just had to laugh on that one. I guess I have a pervert for a ghost lol. Yours might just want to prank you, or for you to notice them. Hopefully it's nothing bad
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-02-12)
The vanishing of coffee seems that it just wants to make you both feel of its presence or one can guess that he or she might have liked coffee when alive.

It reminds me of one of my incident when someone unknown served food for me when I was about to do it on my own.

Nice story. Thanks for sharing! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: