You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Demonic Possibly

Real Ghost Stories

Demonic Possibly

 

Last September, I waited until my family went to a football game and used sage in every nook and cranny of my house, including the attic, to get rid of this presence that feeds off my family. It seems to amplify negative emotions and feed off that energy, from what I observed. It has been around since I was young, but things have been getting out of hand so I decided to burn sage to protect my family.

For a brief history, it talked to me when I was 10. All it said was "Yeees" in a raspy whisper. I haven't heard it talk since then, but at work when I was 20 I felt it started to drain my energy and follow me around work for a week until my (now former) friend did something to make it go away. When we had a falling out, it came back but the activity wasn't bad, I only could feel it was near.

After I turned 21 and started going steady with my high school friend, the activities skyrocketed. When I slept over, I saw a black hooded figure in his window... And we are on the 2nd floor. I was forced to fall asleep by something and was choked. No, it's not my boyfriend because he was fast asleep when I forced myself to wake up.

There used to be all this drama in my family ever since I was a kid, which may or may not have been caused by the entity, but all I know is that after the sage burning, everything in my family has settled down. Unfortunately, I think it moved onto feeding off my boyfriend's family. I'll spare you the drama and skip to the part where I refuse to go to his house anymore until his family apologizes. Ever since that day, there has been so much negative energy built up into the house, you can feel it from outside.

Recently, one night we were discussing that entity as we were falling asleep. I was forced to fall asleep and it felt like a wave pushed me out of my body yet started to choke me. I was wide awake in mid-conversation before that. I had to force myself awake, I've been getting better with making myself wake up when it forces me to sleep. Needless to say, we lit a candle. It won't do anything if there is light in the room.

We sometimes see bright flashes of light in my pitch black room that has blinds drawn shut, we have no car lights that could possibly reach my room because my window is at an angle from the street and we have a tall fence. That light lasts for 10 seconds and fills our whole vision if our eyes are open, or if our eyes are shut but we are still awake it's still shines just above us.

He slept at his house the other week, and he heard footsteps outside his door. Eventually whatever was pacing back and forth started to growl and say, "Don't do this to me..." My boyfriend locked his door, and noticed that the black hooded figure that's usually outside his window had bolted. He does not feel safe there even in the day.

I would like to know if this is all one demon, or several entities combined. I'm willing to burn sage around his house, but I'm pretty sure I would have to be on good terms with his family for it to work. It won't work if I'm not genuinely welcome, and I know I'm not because they haven't apologized.

Other hauntings by empty_elegy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, empty_elegy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

empty_elegy (3 stories) (25 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
Thank you for the advice!
I don't like to visit the doctor, but if I get narcoleptic during the day then I will be concerned! I would like narcolepsy at night.
I am usually an insomniac and it's very had to fall asleep, it takes me more than an hour, some cases two hours. I found ways to cope like cleaning the house before I sleep to make myself feel accomplished!:D
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
I am going to urge you, first, to go to the Doctor and run tests for narcolepsy. Even if that is not it, it is better to know definitively. It is better than finding out you have narcolepsy the wrong way.

Also, get your blood glucose level checked for hypoglycemia. If it falls too low, it can cause black outs (I'm hypoglycemic, along with multiple other things).
Some of the important signs of that are anxiety, delirium, dizziness, sleepiness, blurred/impaired vision, fatigue, lack of coordination, nightmares or crying out during sleep and fainting/losing consciousness.

I am not by any means saying that you are not having an experience, but it is very important that you are healthy, as well as safe.



I will leave a good chunk of the spiritual advice for those who are better at it than I am, but I would advise you to do more of your cleanses/keep the light that originally deterred it on.

Try hard to ignore it as much as possible. If you believe that it is feeding off negative energy, play yourself happy music/movies/read happy books. Focus on what is good so that it is not interested any longer.

Best wishes to you.
empty_elegy (3 stories) (25 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-06)
To everyone who commented so far:
Thankfully no one in my family has felt the presence, but my boyfriend is the only one who knows about it. The entity grew really strong due to the drama his family created over this year, and it just feeds off that negativity. I think even if I did the sage burning it might not work because they might not believe it will work or me if I explained what is in their house.
Keeping calm helps things and the sage has kept at least my family safe!
Being forced to fall asleep feels like falling to me, except it's not my body that's doing the fall. When I was midsentence with my boyfriend, everything went black and I felt like something that was on top of me pushed me downward into my bed, then past my bed into pitch black. Then I would feel like an invisible hand is choking me and I can't breathe. I now am able to "wake up" quicker if I focus on finding my body; I found that falling asleep with skin touching my boyfriend helps me find my body faster. He was calling my name when he noticed I wasn't talking and I guess you can say I headed towards his voice.
I would say it feels like the realization that you are in a dream and forcing yourself to wake up except I think I may have had an out of body experience.
I read that incubus have relations with sleeping people but I don't know if they force you to fall asleep or follow you. I didn't want to put too much info hinting it may be an incubus due to the story acceptance guidelines ^-^ Any other details about why it may be an incubus I don't think I can include even in the comments but I hope what is presented so far helps. I think I can at least hint that I felt a physical manifestation a few times while my boyfriend was fast asleep, and if I were able to insert the meme "If You Know What I Mean..." I would.
lol_death (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Holy crud that's terrifying i'm sorry and I hope you can get rid of it soon
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
This may sound strange, but I think I know what you mean when you say you are forced to sleep and choked. When I was young, around 11/12 I would feel something similar... Only it was accompanied by a feeling of being sucked out of my body/consciousness, it was absolutely terrifying, it would happen at random parts of the day, no matter what I was doing, and I remember fighting with all my internal strength to stop it from happening. Is that what happens to you? I seriously considered narcolepsy (for myself) when looking back on it, but it wasn't.
Since the sage seems to be doing the trick, keep it up.
I hope all is well. Try to keep your thoughts as bright and cheerful as possible.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Has your family also seen this or is it only you (out of the family) who can?

The forcing to fall asleep thing is very odd, I will have to do more research on that before commenting on it. When you say forced to fall asleep, how exactly does that work (what is the sensation you attribute to it)?

If you feel as though the sage helped, keep doing it.
If his family doesn't believe, maybe he can do it in only his room, at least, if he feels like he is being attacked by it.

Since you say it won't do anything in the light, I would advise you to get a nightlight for your own personal comfort. I am a bit confused that it will do things to your boyfriend in the middle of the day but it deterred by a candle in your house.
empty_elegy (3 stories) (25 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-05)
Note:
I forget if I was 8 or 10 when it talked to me, but it's been a looooong time ago. I think in my last story I made a few years ago I may have said I was 8, but I'm pretty sure it's 10 actually. Juuuust in case people want to point out the continuity issue.
In the previous story I made a few years ago it describes a more in depth nature of the entity. I'm starting to think there are several, because the one that talked brings a sense of dread. That one isn't the one at his house, but something else is.
At the same time I was posting this recent story, my boyfriend was attacked on his lunch break in the middle of the day when he ate lunch in the living room. It forced him to fall asleep and choked him. He's not eating at home for lunch anymore... On the bright side, his room, during his days off work while I'm at work, is a safe haven because of the sage I burnt in his room right after I burnt the sage in my house. I couldn't burn the sage in his entire house because his family was home and I didn't feel like explaining the why, in case they didn't "believe".

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: