You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mysterious Haunting In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Haunting In My House

 

Before I start my story I just want to say, I am a very big sceptic and am not one the usually "believe." Contradictory to this, my life has been full of strange and unexplainable experiences. Every time something like this happens, I look for any possible way for it to be scientifically explained. Some of these occurrences leave me dumbfounded and I would like to understand them better. I do believe in the afterlife and am interested in understanding the unexplainable.

This first story occurred when I had just turned 9, in my house. My house is larger than most, but not huge. Most of these strange happenings occurred with my friend who is very similar to me and we both share our experiences as, even when separated, our stories seem connected.

On this day my friend was over at my house and we where playing some spy game because I had just received a motion sensor toy that uses a laser point, and when broken, sounds an alarm. Well our "base" was in my attic, and outside of it we put the laser outside to keep out "intruders." The attic always had a weird vibe but we ignored it.

Well, we were downstairs eating lunch and forgot we had left it on. Then all of a sudden, we herd the alarm sound so naturally I thought it was my cat. But when we came outside of the kitchen we found my cat napping on my bed.

Now after doing research on my house, I found it used to be an olden doctor's office. And on top of this, the room that was our "base" (which was the guest room) had a patient bed in it that had been left in there from every previous owner.

At first I thought I must have been a faulty battery, but even after changing the batteries, it continued to go off. When we put it downstairs though, it didn't go off. We checked all over for any mice or rodents, but there were none to be found. Even when we were staring right at it, not in the line of the lazier, it would go of, but nothing seeming to trigger it.

Now at this point we started to get scared so we ran down to my room and slammed the door. We started to hear footsteps walking down the hall, but when we looked under the door, there was nothing there. I have a bunk bed and the bottom can be a bed or a sofa. I do not share a room.

At this point we are scared stiff on the top of the bed and then all of a sudden it stopped and the air seemed to lift and we were no longer scared. But this event sparked the beginning of many paranormal events throughout my life and I will be posting about those separately.

Other hauntings by Alexthecat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alexthecat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Alexthecat (3 stories) (8 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
Valkricry,

The house is at least 100 years old. I can't find the exact date it was built, but I know it was in the mid to late 1800s. My family has owned the house longer than every previous owner except for the doctor. The average time for anyone else to own it was around 7 years. There is only one room that has been added since the third owners of the house. Hope this cleared things up.

Alexthecat
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
Alex,
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Do you know the age of your house?
I do agree that the sensor only going off like that in the one area is perplexing. If the laser, itself, was faulty I'd expect it to do the same no matter where it was.
Alexthecat (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
valkricry,

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Our guest room is in our attic. As for the bed, I don't know, but that's what my parents said the previous people had been told by the previous owner, told by previous owners, ect. That it was a haunted patients bed. I also found out though that none of his patients every died in the house, so that part is probably just a rumor, but the still does make me uneasy. The doctor was very accomplished actually. I think his name was Joesph something. For the research I just looked at previous owners of the house as well as facts from our town's "Famous People" website. I had remembered one of my parents mentioning at some point that a doctor lived in our house. Our garage was actually the waiting room. Hope this clears things up.

Alexthecat
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
Thanks for your post Alex. This reminds me of an experience I had a few months ago. My wife and I purchased a sensor light that plugged into a wall socket in our hallway, so that if our young children got up in the night to use the bathroom, they would have light.
It worked fine but I noticed that it would often just come on an any hours of the night as if someone was walking past it. (We don't have any pets) I tested and checked it but it seemed fine.
Anyway one night there was an almighty crash from the hallway and I found a large photo frame that was secured by two strong nails directly above the sensor had somehow lifted up off the nails and crashed down onto the light, smashing it.
It was very strange, I still can't for the life of me see how that frame had come off the wall but I had the feeling it was meant to put the sensor light out of action. No other unexplainable phenomena in our house so far, been there 10 months.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
Alex, I'm a wee bit confused. First you say your'base' was in the attic, then you say it was a guest room. If your home had been a doctor's office at some point, I doubt anyone would have been kept up in the attic, as they fluctuate too much in temperature with the seasons. (Not doubting you, just trying to understand.)
I'm also curious about your age as to when you did the research on your house, and how you went about it, because your story indicates you were 9.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: