You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Updates On Usual Encounters

Real Ghost Stories

Updates On Usual Encounters

 

My regular incidents have become more of an annoyance than anything else. If you have read my previous stories I mentioned hearing what sounds like a baby crying directly outside of my bedroom window, well it's still continuing and I cannot really figure out why it just started out of no where, and why it's not stopping. As I have mentioned previously nothing gets passed my dogs and my room is situated on the second floor and there's no trees around to suggest that maybe it's a cat or bird. Hearing that coupled with what sounds like a person running on the roof does not help with the insomnia. I won't say that it's menacing but I will say that it's definitely a menace when I cannot get to sleep. I have also started hearing disembodied voices randomly call out my name at any time during the day or night, my guess could only be a passing spirit or spirits, I'm not sure what they want because they not really giving me any sort of indication of why they are around, I can only hope that whoever they are they get the closure they need.

On a side note:

The other evening I was talking to my neighbor and on the road below us I see a dense white fog hovering around and on top of a vehicle on parked on another neighbor's driveway, it was around 3 to 4pm so it was still very much bright and I thought I was imagining it, but my neighbor confirmed that what I saw was indeed real. The thing about this fog is that it did not dissipate or disappear like how fog or even smoke would, and it could not have been a fault with the vehicle because this fog was on the roof and it looked like it was moving within itself to take a oblong shape. What really creeped me out was the manner in which it was forming shapes but didn't just vanish and it was only around the top of the vehicle.

Other hauntings by Rajine

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rajine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GingerRead (16 stories) (33 posts)
+2
11 months ago (2023-04-24)
Hello Rajine, yes, it's a shame that there were no emails or texting back then. Hopefully they ended up reuniting on the other side!
GingerRead (16 stories) (33 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-04-26)
Hi Rajine, it's something that I often obsess over. Mainly because it's such a mystery and I highly doubt that I will ever find out the cause of the occurrences.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-04-22)
Hi GingerRead

I can't begin to imagine the amount of ghostly activity in the catacombs of Paris.
GingerRead (16 stories) (33 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-01-18)
Hi Rajine, I always feel a sense of accomplishment from visiting the Tower of London. I'm hoping to go back to Paris one day and tour the Catacombs. Lots of reported Encounters down there!
GingerRead (16 stories) (33 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-01-05)
Thank you Rajine. Most ghost stories are disturbing, yet the ones involving children are usually the most unnerving.
GingerRead (16 stories) (33 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2022-01-01)
Haha, thanks Rajine! It has been a long time since I visited the church, but I plan to visit my old neighbourhood in Baltimore eventually.
GingerRead (16 stories) (33 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-12-23)
Hi Rajine, glad to meet someone who is as interested with Gettysburg as much as I am! I first became fascinated with this town in the summer of 2003 after I saw a documentary about one particular ghost called the Blue Boy. It really freaked me out as a kid and since then, I've been fascinated with learning more!
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-26)
Hi Jubeele

I also believe that the fog we saw could be the previous owner, after that incident I haven't really been out long enough to see if it has happened again but I think I should, I've spoken to my neighbor about doing a vehicle cleansing ritual but with everyone being busy I haven't had the chance to chat to him.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-16)
Rajine, I wonder if the fog over your neighbour's car was connected to the previous owner, now deceased. Someone who could have been very attached to that car. It would be interesting to know if it was a once-off appearance. Or if it happens again.

Mrs Ramsey - I like the thought of people having brightly shining souls too. Maybe that's why so many children have otherworldly experiences - innocent souls that are bright and pure, like shining beacons to wandering spirits.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-15)
"Some souls shine in the darkness."
Jubeele, that's lovely, thank you! I'm going to remember that.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-11)
Hi

Just an update regarding my neighbors car and the fog/mist. I've spoken to my neighbor and he said that he bought the car from an auction, he said it's from a deceased person's estate.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-07)
Hi Jubeele
Well it's 06:30am here and I still didn't sleep a wink.

My mum has heard the crying baby a few times and we have discussed it but couldn't find anything conclusive, in my family there's no incident involving a baby, even the history of this house is relatively recent (house was built in the late 80s early 90s and the couples children grew up and moved out to other parts of the country so they decided to move to) I know the previous owners personally as well and all their kids are alive with kids of their own

The fog is a mystery, I will talk to the neighbor who owns that car when I get a chance and will keep everyone updated on what I find out.
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-03-07)
Hi Rajine,

I've read about the creepy events you have experienced - your place is certainly active! A Hindu friend once told me that some souls shine in the darkness, which is why they can attract the spirits, who come to them for attention, or help. His guru advised him to pray over the spirits and wish them peace, encourage them to move on. Maybe your soul shines brightly. 😊

If you don't sense any threat from most of these events, then hopefully, these incidents could just be attention-seeking. But I find the sound of a crying baby quite distressing too. Not sure what that means. Has your mother heard the crying too? Do the dogs react to it? Could there have been some illness, or tragic death involving a baby from the past? But the dogs howling at 12am and 12pm is odd. Their senses are much sharper than ours, so they could be hearing something that bothers them, like electronics beyond our hearing range. Or something else.

The white fog is interesting, especially since it did not behave like a normal vapour or smoke, staying over that spot, instead of spreading out. What's more, your neighbour saw it too. I wonder if it's a spirit or entity of some sort. Maybe you can start a journal of these activities to see if they show a pattern, like location, time of day, or a date etc.

But above all, stay safe and I hope you'll get some decent rest soon.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-07)
Hello Sleeping-with-Steve

Well as far as the baby crying sound I'm not really sure what that is, my neighbors on both sides of me don't have babies, I won't know anything else except that I hear it on a regular basis, and it sounds like it's directly outside of my room window.

The running on the roof sounds like a big sized person stomping as it's running, to heavy to suggest that it could be an animal.

As for the fog/mist thing I won't say that it was slow or rapid in its shape changing, it would change after every minute, it looked like a mix of white and Grey fog mixing and swirling together, very dense and solid in appearance. And it was changing from round to oval in shape.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-07)
Hello Rajine,

The sound of a young baby crying is sad to read about. Where's the baby's mother/father? Why is the baby crying? What is wrong with the baby? Is the baby sick or is the baby teething? So many questions were going through my head whiles reading your post. You're convinced it's not a cat or bird making the crying noise, so perhaps it's the spirit of a baby.

The running noises in your roof are more concerning. That would scare me for sure.

The fog on top of the vehicle is by far the strangest occurrence. When it changed shapes, did the shape stay for a while before it switched to another shape or was it quickly changing from shape to shape? Reason why I ask, is because fog moves slowly and if it was some sort of entity, it may move slow or fast.

It will be interesting to see what other members make of these occurrences.

I'm intrigued to find out more about the fog over the vehicle.

Please keep me posted.

Best wishes,
SWS 😘 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: