You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Something In That Part Of The House

Real Ghost Stories

Something In That Part Of The House

 

My parents moved into their house in Mexico about 20 years ago. My mother made the move by herself, my father stayed behind in Seattle tying some loose ends. I agreed to help my mom move and stay with her until my dad joined her which was to happen in a span of about 2 to 3 months.

My mom and I got to the house a day before the moving company was scheduled to arrive with all the furniture. That gave my mom enough time to hire some much needed help. That was the day we met Letty, who became my mom's housekeeper for the following 8 years. She was god sent, she was hard working, loyal and knew just about everyone in the neighborhood. Letty helped us hire some men that helped us move all the heavy furniture while we unpacked all the boxes. It took the 3 of us about a week of hard work to get everything put away but finally we were sitting in the living room, exhausted but basking in the glory of our accomplishment when we started hearing noises coming from a home bar we had in the living area.

This was a wooden bar (like you see in taverns), it has 3 stools, wine bottle racks, shelves for wine glasses/stemware and has drawers in the back for cocktail utensils as well as a storage cabinet were we kept things like a blender, ice bucket, martini shakers etc. Like I mentioned, everything was put away and in order. The first thing we thought was that maybe a rat had got in, we hadn't seen any evidence of rodents but at the time it was the only thing that made sense. Letty got up and was heading towards the bar when suddenly we heard growling coming from the storage cabinet. The wine glasses started shaking and clinking, the cabinet doors started slamming. It literally sounded like two wild animals were fighting in there. I was so terrified I couldn't even get up and run, I stayed there with my heart pounding listening to my mother pray and scream. Then, just as suddenly as it started it stopped. We were too scared to check. Letty being the brave one, grabbed a broom and opened both cabinet and drawer doors, nothing came out, no animals, nothing. Everything was untouched.

We got out of the house and headed for the nearest church. Letty knew the priest and was able to get him to go back with us to bless the house. My mom and I slept in the same room for a few nights after that, too scared to be by ourselves.

A few weeks later my mom and Letty were digging in the front yard working on a flower bed when they came upon some jars. When they pulled them out there was little rag dolls that had pins stuck to them and other things that they could not make out. They didn't open the jars, Letty said she knew someone that would know how to dispose of them so she took them with her. The place where they were digging is directly on the other side of the wall where the bar is. I don't know if this finding had anything to do with the incident a few weeks before but it's a big coincidence that the noises were coming so close to where these weird objects were found.

Everything was quiet for a while, nothing out of the ordinary. Then, we hosted a party one day, I think it was a housewarming. There were only a few guests left, mostly family, it was around 3:00am. Some people were sitting on the bar stools, others were standing around the bar talking and drinking when suddenly a mirror/frame with the word "BAR" that was hanging on the wall shattered. It didn't just crack, it shattered. Well, that was an immediate party "pooper" because everyone cleared out of there real fast.

One other time, my mother was walking around at night before bed securing doors and windows, she had just made it back to her bedroom when she swears she heard glass breaking. She thought that all the wine and liquor bottles had fallen and shattered but when she went to check everything was in order. No broken glass. Upon inspecting, she noticed one of the windows next to the bar was open, this didn't scare her too much because there's bars on that window so there is no way someone can get in even with the window open but she swears she had checked that window a few minutes before and it was closed. She thought that maybe someone had thrown a rock and shattered the glass but there was no broken glass anywhere. She checked and the window wasn't broken, it was open, meaning someone had to slide it to open it. She says that it is possible she missed seeing the window open but what was the loud noise she heard like dishes breaking? When she shared this with the family we told her that maybe the noise was coming from the outside and with the window open it sounded close. She is very adamant that the noise came from the inside.

Another incident involving this home bar - I was randomly taking pictures of the house when I noticed something very strange was showing in a picture of the bar. One of the stools has a scary image, it looks like a devil with horns. I showed this to my family and they were all freaked out, my mom insisted that I delete the image from my camera. I never did, problem is I can't find the camera. I only take pictures with my phone now but I'm searching and will upload if I find it. The image is very clear, it's not distorted, you can see it without anyone telling you what to look for. What I do have is a lot of pictures of family and friends sitting at the bar and on a few of them you can see orbs. I don't want to share those because of privacy and because orbs can mean just about anything. I've tried taking pictures of the bar with my phone and I don't get anything anymore.

The house has been quiet lately, I've done a lot cleansings and blessings. It will stay that way for a while and then suddenly for some unknown reason it wakes up again.

By the way, I will submit a story about Letty at a later time. She turned out to be a "bruja" or witch. She showed me a lot of things that I cannot explain and would like to know what you all think.

Other hauntings by Haven

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-11)
WOW! 😨 Talk about noisy poltergeist, I would have been scared out of my wits! It's good that you have Letty, she seems to be heaven sent. Has your mom ever considered selling the house and moving? Fascinating story, thank you for sharing.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-02-04)
Hi, Jubeele -

Your theory makes a lot of sense. We are constantly cleansing and blessing the house. It seems that things quiet down for a while and then they start up again. I've been told different things by different people. I've been told that there is something in that house that quiets down when we do cleansings but doesn't completely go away. I've also been told that it's me that brings things into the house. Apparently, I am a magnet for spirits and they follow me home. I'm not sure what to believe anymore. I just keep doing what I know has helped before even if there are times when I feel that I'm tired of having to 'fight' these things all the time. Even after having experienced so many things throughout my life I still don't find this to be normal. When activity starts happening in my house there are times when I feel tired and worn out, so your theory is spot on. I literally have to pull energy from within to do a cleansing because I can't concentrate. Most of the times it takes a few tries before I see a difference.

Thanks a lot for commenting. I love it when I'm reading comments and I'm nodding my head because it makes sense and because I feel that someone knows and understands exactly what I go through.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-04)
Hi, LuciaJacinta -

Letty explained to us that the dolls in the jar where a form of witchcraft. It is done to do harm to someone. I asked her what she did with them and she said they had to be buried in a cemetery. I'm not sure if this breaks the "spell", I didn't ask.

The picture with the devil was very scary, I think it has been one of the scariest experiences. I'm a lot more scared of anything to do with demons, I feel they can harm me. Spirits and ghosts frighten me at first but then I rationalize that they can't physically hurt me and I can calm myself down a bit.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-04)
Hi, Rex-T

Things have been quiet for a while. I know things are good when my cat starts going in my bedroom again. There are times when he refuses to go in there, if I carry him in there he just runs right out and hides. It's always around the time I feel my bed move.

The house bar can be moved, my parents purchased it new right before my mom moved in.

Letty did tell us that what they found in the garden was brujeria. Letty was into practicing witchcraft so she knew what it was.

I think the many house blessings and cleansing we have done over the years have helped and whatever was there has left. We have experienced random activity throughout the years but it hasn't been focused on that piece of furniture or area of the house.

Thanks for reading!
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-04)
Hi, Twilight -

Yes, I have lived through quite a few freaky experiences. Yet I'm still really frightened when unexplained things happen to me. But then there are times that I ignore things I sense, hear or see. Especially when I'm trying to sleep. I pretty much just turn over, pull the blankets up to my chin and fall right back to sleep. LOL

My parents house is just a few minutes from San Diego in California, which is where I live. I spend every weekend there. It had been quiet for a while until I had some people move in. Paranormal activity started up again when they first moved in but has since quieted down. Not sure if it is the many cleansing and blessings or if whatever is there got use to the new house mates.

Thanks a lot for reading my stories!
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-02-04)
Hi Haven, I'm also curious as to whether the bar had some form of attachment or that the issue was with the house. I'm inclined to think that the problem was with the house. Did your family ever find out who used to live there?

I suspect the dolls with the pins are some form of hex or ill-wishing directed at the occupants of the property. I stay away from such things but my family in the past had some experience on the subject. I wonder if the people who used to live there were frightened away and your family was caught in the aftermath. It's fortunate that your mother and Letty came across the dolls so they could be removed. Do you think Letty had some special sense when she was in the yard that something was there?

As a precaution, I would suggest that you regularly cleanse and bless the front yard as well as the house itself. In fact, cover the entire property if possible. Just in case there are other areas affected that you may not be aware of. Your mother heard the loud noise coming from the inside, like the sound of breaking glass... Was it something trying to get out perhaps?

This is just my theory, but maybe such things happen from time to time when they've built up enough energy. Then it is expelled it in the making of some noise, image or shadow. When this energy is expended, all goes quiet once more until the energy is slowly absorbed again. Do keep up the regular cleansing and blessing if they appear to be working for you. Don't forget self-cleansing too. I think when we are stressed or emanating high emotions (positive or negative), we might inadvertently be the 'fuel source' for some of the incidents. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Stay safe. Take care of yourself and your family.❤
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-02-03)
Interesting read. Sounds like voodoo dolls in the glass jars. Just wondering how they were disposed of? Those things are tricky. I believe you about the picture with the devil. I probably would have deleted it too.
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-02-03)
Hello Haven,

Hope you had a "spirit free" festive break. 😳

I won't assume anything with this disturbing experience, so I'll start with a couple of dumb questions.

Was the home bar part of the house, in regard to not being transportable? My parents had a home bar, but it came in three cabinet like structures.

If it was transportable, did your parents bring it with them or did they buy it?

I'm just trying to figure out whether the incidents are associated with the bar itself, the place where it is situated in the house or both. I'm leaning towards the bar's location in the house, particularly after you mentioned what was buried in the garden and where.

This led me to look up "Brujeria" in Wikipedia. Now I don't believe everything that's written on that site but the origins of this form of ancient witchcraft date back through the Caribbean to Africa and do include Haitian Voodoo, amongst others.

I suspect that Letty really did look after you guys and I'm also looking forward to more installments. Like Twilight, I hope either your family overcame this spirit and/or have moved somewhere a bit less active (if you know what I mean).

Rex-T
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-02-02)
Haven, I really love reading about all of your many different paranormal experiences. It's so mind blowing to read what all you've experienced. A lot of what you've told us so far, sounds like pieces from a horror movie, so to know that these aren't just a story being told, but what actually happened in your life, makes it even more scary 😨 I couldn't imagine living a life that has paranormal happenings like you've experienced, in pretty much your every day life. With what all I've experienced, I think that I'm prone to noticing the other side a lot more than others, but at least it's never been to the extent of what you experience. I feel that I would constantly be afraid as to what will happen next, living your life. Which tells me just how strong and brave you must be, to be able to live the life you do. Granted I'm sure it's not by your choice, but non the less, to me I still believe you handle it very well. I'm glad that you've decided to tell more of your experiences to us here, and as always, I look forward to reading about anymore you may have to tell 😊 I would like to ask, does odd things still happen in your parents home? If I remember correctly, I think you've said that they have moved from this place, so if that's the case, then my question I asked, I'd like to know at least until they moved then?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: