You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Board And Bloody Mary

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Board And Bloody Mary

 

"Lindsey, what is this?" I asked my older sister. "It is a Ouija board," she told me, "it contacts spirits. Do you want to use it?" "Yes!"

I was very young at the time, only about seven or eight, so of course I wanted to. How cool would that be? Contacting the dead? I already knew about the ghost in our house, but I figured that this would be much much cooler.

We got the Ouija board out and set it down in the hall. Lindsey got one candle and lit it. She, her daughter, and I all turned out the lights, grabbed a couple of blankets, and started.

"Okay everyone put your fingers on this piece lightly. Do not move it yourselves, because it takes the fun out of it," she told us.

We started asking questions. "Is anyone here?" "Yes." "Are you nice?" "Yes." "How did you die?" "Accident" We asked it many other questions like "Are you a boy or a girl" "What is your name?" "How old are you?" It was so many years ago, that I sadly cannot remember any of the answers or the rest of the questions.

The candle started flickering. "Mommy, are the windows open?" my niece asked her mother. "No, honey that is the spirit."

Lindsey started just staring and then she said that we must stop, so we did. The candle blew out itself and Lindsey grabbed it and put the board away quickly.

My mother also told me that when Lindsey was younger she tried Bloody Mary. Why? I have no clue. Lindsey always liked doing that kind of stuff. I do not know why. I asked my mom if Lindsey ever saw Bloody Mary. She told me no. I asked Lindsey if she ever saw her. Lindsey told me no. I asked Lindsey if she would do Bloody Mary with me and she said no. I asked her why and she said because it was too creepy. I told her that I would do it by myself and she told me not to.

Why did she put the Ouija board away so quickly when we were finished? Did my sister see Mary when she did it and was too afraid to tell me because she did not want to scare me? Those questions I may never know.

Other hauntings by ghostlover13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostlover13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

77believer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
Well that felt good. Too bad it wasn't as calm as I wanted it to be.
77believer (1 stories) (34 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-12)
I'm going to have to answer that with a big? I was just posting what my cousin told me. If you have a problem with it then I'm sorry. It's fine with me because all arguing does is yes, get your feelings and opinions out, but only to have them squashed by your rival of the debate. But you can go ahead and say what's on your mind.
Worried_Brit_Chick (6 stories) (108 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
77believer, have you ever actually seen the 3 films titled Candy Man? Your friends didn't get chased by him, because it's not a real story. The guy who plays the Candy Man has been in a few other films and has made appearances in various TV roles as well. He's an actor! I don't like kids who post things like that online when it's clearly not true, you could really scare someone!
BiffyV (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-27)
Obviously your sister is keeping something from you, and doesn't want you to know. I would stay off topic of that night with her. Maybe wait till' your a bit older and then ask her. Never do BM, that goes out to all of you. GOD BLESS! ❤
RaWrPants73 (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
To warn you, you should never ask them how they died! They get upset, and even if they don't, they will come for revenge! 😭
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-07)
You might have to ask your sister in a few years. The thing I find weird is that she stared... If she was staring at "something" she might have saw... Well you would know what I mean...right?
77believer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
Maye it brought back memories of another time she did it. Maybe that time she contacted a bad ghost. There's another theory.
julius (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-07)
About a year ago my friend and I used a ouija. I never would do it in my house. So we did it in my friends house. We thought that we did not meet any bad spirits, but a spirit asked use to do a ritual that included bring a doll that is a knight. The other thing IT asked us to do was burn the Body of Christ. After this I quit doing the ouija board. MY friend does it sometimes. After that many paranormal things started happening in my house. One night really late I was watching the Conan o'brian show and my slide door next to me shock uncontrollably. No it wasn't a earthquake.
77believer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
I did? I thought I told you a different one. I have a question about your profile though.
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
77believer is my best friend, and she told me that story. That's why I don't do this stuff.
Haflingers13 (8 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
My Friends Usaully Do This, (When We Were At Primary School.) There Was Also Candy Man. When We Tryed Scary Mary (People Called It Bloody Mary) But It Never Worked. Until One Of My Friends Came Out, Telling Us All In A Low Deep Voice (He Was A Boy) Saying That He Saw This Hooded Figure In The Toilets. We All Didnt Believe Him, But He Never Said A Word About Bloody Mary. How Strange?! I have Tryed It At Night, Not Worked. Never Did. But Dont Do It Just In Case...
77believer (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
Sorry whenever I said ' this was inside the house' I meant that my cousin and her other friend were inside the house when this happened, sorry.
77believer (guest)
-1
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
StarGazed: I've heard of Candy Man. My little cousin has told me about that. Once she and her friend dared their other friend to do candy man. So he went outside and did it. Candy man appeared and then chased him I think. Whenever he tried to get inside the house, the door was locked. My cousin told me that she and her other friend had left it unlocked. Now this was inside of the house. (I think it was their friend that they dared's house.) Another time, my cousin's older brother did it, and this time she was outside when it happened. Even though she was there, she wasn't doing it, just her brother. So anyway, her brother did it and then Candy man chased them both. Whenever they tried to get inside, I think you can guess why they couldn't get it. The door was locked! Somehow, they soon got into the house after their creepy experience. I have also done B Mary with someone in my Girl Scout troop and I didn't see anything. But my friend with me yelled "Ow!" and I said "What?" "She kicked me in the butt!" I thought that was funny and didn't see the danger of doing B Mary. I only found out about it being dangerous a few months ago. Another time it was most of the girl scout troop except me, my best friends, and maybe a couple of others that went in there. Whenever they were done they screamed and ran out and everyone said they saw a woman with black wings and a bloody lip. They could've been joking around, but they would have told us later. I'll put these in seperate stories soon, along with other experiences. Sorry I gave them away!
77believer (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-12)
I think I know the answers to your questions. Your sister could have sensed that the spirit was lying or you could've done something wrong accidently in the process. The b mary thing: its really dangerous, don't do it. She didn't want you to hurt your self.
kira_sano (3 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
dont try to see bloody mary I tryed it once (of course I was at the school mary B it was down the street from me at the time) with my friends she dint hurt us but after wrourds I think something awakened in me I was able to see the futer with my dreams (some are nightmares) and I had allways bin able to sense spirts before hand even see them but it got worse after I saw her

❤ kira ❤
StarGazed (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
My friends liked scaring each other- but ddn't believe a word of it. It wasn't just Bloody Mary, there were a few others, I remember "Candy Man" and distinctly remember my friend posing as it to try and scare me. I didn't know people did this for real, then, I never thought of ouija boards as anything more than a parlor game.

It does sound like your sister had a bad experience, and wouldn't press too much, she might not want to relive it.
Shinobi_Enryu (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Obviously she's reluctant to tell you something that is very terrifying. She's only trying to protect you from doing something she regrets. So play it safe and forget about it. There are rumors Bloody Mary can be good and bad, but most of the time she is unpredictable and most of all... Very very scary looking, but I don't know if scary is the right word I should be using. However, it doesn't work for most people. At any rate, I'm not a firm believer that it works or not. But I'm most certain I won't be trying it any time soon that's for sure:] Anyway, I hope you don't look into the "truth" and seek further things from it. Take care and stay safe.
flamewithin (57 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
ouija I tried it gave me a warning abot my son that came true, so I think they do have some ability, I stoped after it knew my name. Bloody mary always scared me. Mirrors are windows that's why some people cover them after someone dies. So they won't see the person who passed away. And to ask a spirit to come through it would be a mistake who knows what would enter. 😕
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
georgusgal,
I would rather not try to get bloody mary to come out of my mirror, but thanks anyways. Lol

Jackets,
Yes, my sister was like 22 or something like that, so she had a baby. I know now that it was bad for her to do that, but no one got hurt. I believe that if I would have just left it alone, we would not have done it.

KimSouthO,
I agree with you 100%

Surya,
I agree with KimSouthO, too.

Tonith,
It was bad to use an ouija board, but I know better now.

Vampirekagome1,
I don't know how to make one and I know not to burn them

EmoCrystal,
I will not use an ouija board again and I also believe that Bloody Mary is fake

Adventure_Ms_Aqua,
I will not.

Phantom42,
I agree.

Thanks for reading my story! Sorry I took so long to reply! ❤
phantom42 (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-12)
The ouija board is not a simple thing. It does not sound as if you took precautions. Of course, the board will not necessarily cause you any harm, but it's probably a good thing you stopped when you did.

And as for your sister, it sounds as if she might have had a scary experience while playing bloody mary - but it is more likely that nothing happened, and if she does not wish to talk about it, she has every right not to. But don't worry about it; I have never heard of her being dangerous.
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
Ok, about the Ouija board first.

OUIJA BOARD = BIG NO NO.

Really, I'd HATE to bring in something that would hurt you. You have a risk of something going wrong. Don't try again.

~AM_A
EmoCrystal (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
Bloddy Mary is fake. I have tryed it alot. AND ouija boreda are cused no matter what they say you're talking to a demon, every minute you use one, you have called up 10 demons. I used one ONCE and I have been regretting it the rest of my life. 😐 ❤
Vampirekagome1 (16 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
oh and never burn a quiji board it keeps the door way to the other side open which means ghosts and demons can slip through
Vampirekagome1 (16 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
has anyone used a home made quiji board if not then don't I have but I woke up that night and saw a strange man with an evil smile he was looking at me when I ask him his name he said you know my name he was dress very strange with a black cloak I screamed at him to leave and he was gone
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
I have a different view of ouija boards as being the subconscious in overdrive. Not saying that it can't be use as a form of channeling (Patience Worth) but for the most case I believe they are a product of the subconscious. Urban legends might have some basis in reality but for the most part to me, they are nothing more than suggestion and imagination gone wild.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
I will have to go with KimSouthO on this one. I can't even spell ouija about sums up what I think of them. As for Bloody Mary, well what to say!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
I guess I will repeat my standard opinion, ouijia boards, never, no way. Bloody Mary, urban legend, but why on earth would any one want to temp dark and evil? Not good, now way no how.

God Bless!
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
I'm confused... In your story you said you were only 7 or 8 and your sister already had your niece. How can you say it would have been your fault if something went wrong. She was the adult in the situation. She even asked you if you wanted to play, you simply asked what the board was. I would never let my kids touch a Ouija board or do anything else potentailly harmful just because it was what they wanted to do.

I'm not attacking your sister in any way, but I would have handled the situation differently.
georgusgal (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
i know how 2 contact "bloody mary"

Turn around three times and when doing that say the words "bloody mary" clearly three times

Hope it works

Georgusgal
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Graeffy,
I know that now... I just did not know at that time.

Ibid,
I do not know about this! I just found out that I could talk to spirits like barley even a week ago!

Rookdygin,
She may have saw something. I do not know. I, personally, do not believe in bloody mary, but other people have said that they saw her, so I do not know.

Troyarn,
I know that you mean well, but you do not even know my sister. She is a great person who would never do anything to harm her children. If anything would have happened to her, it would have been my fault. I got out the board, I wanted to play with it. So do not blame it on my sister, blame it on me.

AshleyHalliwell,
I may ask her one day.

Kavya,
Maybe. I am not sure why she did not want me to try it. She just said that it was very creepy.

Butthead,
I do not think that my sister knew the dangers of using an ouija board, which is why she let us use one.

Francois,
Ahhhh! I have missed you! The holidays were great, how about yours? I am so sorry, but I do not remember all of the questions, but I think that it was a male that we were talking to, but I cannot remember.

HeatherO,
Not to be rude, but if you do not like the stories that I post, and do not believe that they are ghost stories, then simply do not read them. If they were not ghost stories, they would not have gotten published. So please, keep your comments to yourself about my stories, becasue they are true and they are about ghost. I do not see how they are not about ghost/spirits. So please tell me how they are not about spirits. I do not want to have an enemy on this website, so please tell me and maybe we can figure out a way to make is seem more ghostly?

Thank you for reading my story, everyone! ❤

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: