You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Bathroom Disturbance

Real Ghost Stories

The Bathroom Disturbance

 

It was like any other day just sitting with my step dad, watching TV when we got a call that my mom was sent to the lock up. My step dad left to place bail while I waited.

My younger sister was at a friend's house so I was happy that I had the apartment to myself. I got a call on the house phone. Unfortunately we only have one phone and it is in my room. I walked through the hallway to get to the phone when I got a strange feeling. I looked in the bathroom, and the door was wide open.

Every time I looked in the bathroom I was afraid that I would see something in the mirror. I went and answered the phone to find out it was my older sister. She wanted to know if my mom was out yet, and I told her I would have my mom call her when she came back. My sister obviously didn't understand that because she kept calling, calling, and calling.

For the last time I walked up to the phone. I didn't even think about looking in the bathroom that time. I answered the phone, and it was a shocker. It was my sister again. I then heard a loud "BANG" as if someone had walked through front door. I walked to the front door but nobody was there. I went to the couch, and watched TV. Again the phone rang I went to go pick up the phone when I stopped to look at bathroom mirror. I then realized that the door to the bathroom was closed shut. I started to freak but I thought there could be a reasonable explanation for why it closed. I tried to open it but it wouldn't budge. It was as if it was locked.

I went to open it one last time, and the door flew open. I went to the shower to see if the window was open. It to was closed shut. I was really freaked out now. I wanted to leave that bathroom, but a stupid hunch came over me too look in the mirror one last time.

I then saw one of the most frightening things I ever saw.

A dark hooded figure hovering behind me. I turned around and saw nothing, I looked back in the mirror, and it was still there. This time though it was farther back then where it was. I thought that this was a good time to get the hell out, so I took off running, out the front door. I stayed outside until my parents came back 7 hours later. It was probably 4-5 o'clock at in the morning I went back in the house later, and the bathroom door was closed. After that incident I made everyone close the door before leaving.

Other hauntings by PlaydoughMaster

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PlaydoughMaster, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

flora (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
wow that is so crazy! That happens to me also but the bathroom door is closed and I heard like someone was trying to open the door and I thought it was my sister and I was like stop and whatever it was stopped. 😨
TheNathanNS (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-08)
100% creepy and it sent a message to you probably did your house have some history? Maybe some who killed themself/got murdered in the bathroom?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-03)
[at] Terrigma Did you say WHite flash that You seen too? Cause I seen one last year myself I don't know what it is at first been told it a warning.
[at] playdoughmaster I know that I hear Mirror is a portal to door way that spirits can come and go I never afraid of mirror but seen on movie before and I do believe that Mirror is a door way and other objects too.
DARKSKULL (1 stories) (3 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-12-27)
The dark hoooded figure you described can mean DEATH! There is a story of a dark hooded figure with a skeleton face called Death. If you did not move house something worse might have happend!
Prinsess411 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-07)
in my bathroom I have tyles that almost act as mirrors I'm always scaired of this 😐 x
freakb (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-08)
yo! That was so scary I know how you feel I have this wierd thinGs for bathrooms I am afraid of what will I see int the mirros so yeah it's preety scary. I WOULD CRY IF I SAW THAT FIGURE
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-25)
I know how you feel, I'm scared of going to the bathroom after about 10:00pm. I laugh to myself about it sometimes that a 25 year old man be scared of mirrors. But I seem to only see things in mirrors in dim light. It also happens in the reflections of windows and anything reflective, always has to be in dim or low light. I work in an aged care home as a nurse, and I only do night shifts now. I used to see ghosts like real people clear and infront of me when I was 16-18, but now I only see them like shadow people out the corners of my eyes or in mirrors. They seem to glide away at great speeds usualy around a corner, or are just a flash of a shaddow. I hav seen dark ones like shaddows of people, and I have seen white flashes that seem to float past like a flash. I think the reason why I don't see them clear is simply, I don't want to see them. They shock me and give me the willies. I let them be and they let me be...
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
There's a lot of theories that mirrors are portals or ways to communicate with the spirit world or to other dimensions. You should be careful around them because not a lot of people can pick up on the type of energy. Or if you don't believe in things like that then it was probably just an average haunting.
PlaydoughMaster (8 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-05)
i thank the people for there comments on my story. I do not live in this place anymore. And in the new house I live in There are no mirrors EXCEPT in one bathroom. I have to use it but I tend not to think about what happened that one time. I was not tired even though it was late. I still see and even hear ghost but nothing yet so threatening as when I was in the bathroom. I still think its creepy that I only saw it in a mirror. Again thank you for the following comments and the ones still to come. 🤔
cracklepaint (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
bathrooms are pretty scary for me too.
It's the mirrors.
They're pretty scary
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-04)
Mirrors are alwasy creepy to me I have seen things in them as well as televison sets that are turned off.
I hope things have calmed down since then.

Much Peace
Katie
Samie (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
well, That got me thinking for sure. I went to the park and I went to the bathroom 'cause my friend had to go. So I got my phone and took pics of myself in the mirror and I took another one and black figure was in the mirror so I screamed and ran out the bathroom and I heard my friend scream so I went in and grabbed her and ran back outside. 😢

Your hunted,
Samie

God bless you
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-03)
My sister calls my mom all day long and it really can get annoying. If I am there, I usually just take the phone of the hook.
Sora (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
i loved your story! I'm kind of scared of going into my bathroom now... I thank you for telling your story. It definatly gave me something to think about!

Yours trule haunted
Sora ❤
Confused (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
Again, I must say wow. A dark hooded figure does not sound like a "friendly" apparition. Be very careful when dealing with such things, and do not go looking for them. If they do appear to you, try not to flinch away, but, you must also not challenge it/them.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
well he may of only seen it in the mirror (from what he said) is bacause a mirror acts like a reflection of the spirit world. If you ever bring an mirror to a haunted place, you can use that to see them (that is regarding if you need a mirror or can see them with out) PlaydoughMaster may not have a strong enough 6th sense to see anything yet. Seeing somthing in the mirror althrough is a sign of his 6th sense growing better.
freaky_deaky (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
Thats just really creepy. So could you only see it in the mirror? Or could you see it when you turned around?
Christa (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
your story freaked me out! Is there any other activity in your apartment? Spirits appearing in bathrooms remind me of what the arabs call the Djinns. The tradition says that they were condemned to live in ruins and unclean places, such as cemeteries, ruins, caves and bathrooms.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-01)
normal to me. Good thing that you got out of there. When you went in the bathroom, did you ever feel like a sickish or a type of heavy feeling befall over you?
elpe12 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
That is flipping creepy! Was there any chance that you were tired or anything when it happened? Has anything like this happened before?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: