You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Back At Home

Real Ghost Stories

Back At Home

 

To start my story I must explain something that is important. I moved out of my father's house but recently moved back in due to the economy problems and my dad losing his job.

This takes place when I moved back in. I moved back into my dad's home in mid April and over dinner he explained to me that he had been hearing weird noises in my room since I have been gone. He told me that he would hear someone moving around, shuffling through my belongings and when he would go to check the room would be empty. (Something else to add, my dad never believed me about anything I told him)

He also told me that sometimes he would wake up to a man's voice saying "where? Where?" When I first moved in everything seemed fine, just a few noises here and there, but after a couple weeks things started to pick up.

At night I would wake up to scratching sounds on the walls, my computer chair would turn on its own. (The chair is old and rusty; you have to force it to move) It felt like everything was still the same... The only difference was when I said stop, it stopped.

This past weekend I had my two best friends, let's call them Merry and Emily, over. It got late so they stayed the night. Emily slept in my room and Merry and I fell asleep in the guest room. I woke up around four-thirty, don't really know why but when I lay back down I heard someone walking in the hallway. At first I thought it was my dad but then my bedroom door opened and I heard someone walking around. Then my friend Emily screamed.

I jumped out of bed and hurried to my room and turned on the light. I could tell she was afraid and told me there was a shadow in the shape of a man watching her. I had Emily jump in bed with Merry and then when I was alone in my room I said out loud, "That wasn't funny, go away." I went back to the guest room and everything was fine. It seems like I have whoever this is haunting me under control. I don't really get it because when this first started nothing I seemed to do or say would stop it... But now it listens. Does anyone have any ideas of why this is?

Other hauntings by Nightgoddess

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nightgoddess, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
That ghost was probably there from the onslaught, but no one believed you. I have read enough to know that usually when you put fear aside and speak with authority ghosts seem to listen. Glad this one did listen.
CutishIvy (47 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
well, good thing. I guess. Since the thing knows how to listen and stop bugging you. Maybe he gets into the idea of longing a companion, I don't know, just a thought.
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
You're lucky that your ghost listens to you ^^
I have a shadow ghost too (lol yes I refer to him as mine) but he's shy and doesn't listen. ^^ LOL
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
Yes most of my stories happened when I was living at home... And yes to the shadow man
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-26)
sooo I'm assuming when you originally lived with your father you had things going on?

Have you seen the "shadow" man as well?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: