You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost In The Orange T-shirt

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In The Orange T-shirt

 

If you've read my story "Thuds Under My Bed," the following events took place in the same trailer.

One evening my (then current) husband, Gary, and I had invited some friends over. While making supper, I sat an empty bowl on the countertop. It moved to the right. I picked it up and put it back down, and again it moved. Naturally I assumed it was condensation on the bowl and/or the countertop, so I wiped off the counter and the bowl, put the bowl back down and watched it move again. So, again, I wiped the bowl and countertop and it did it again. Finally I called for Gary and our friends to come and watch it. It moved for them also. Of course, being the skeptic he was, Gary had to try it for himself. Same result. No one could offer an explanation for why the dry bowl would slide across a dry countertop. And, no, the countertop did not lean downhill. It was level.

Several months after the moving bowl incident, one Sunday morning I got up early and decided to clean the trailer. Standing at the kitchen sink, you could see all the way to the end of the trailer into our bedroom. The bathroom was to the left of our bedroom. As I was doing dishes, I glanced up and saw "Gary" walk from our bedroom into the bathroom. He was wearing his old ratty orange T-shirt.

Since it was so early, I went to apologize to him for waking him. To my absolute surprise and confusion, I found Gary sound asleep; face down in bed, without a shirt on at all! When I looked into the bathroom, there was nothing there. It was incredibly weird, but just went right along with all the other stuff I couldn't explain.

I never told Gary about seeing what I thought was him, because he already thought I was crazy as it was. He had actually told me not to tell anyone these things after the incident with the thuds under the bed. I think his feelings of embarrassment or whatever is part of what made me shut down for a little while.

A few weeks after we sold the trailer to Gary's brother and sister-in-law, she asked me if I had ever experienced anything weird while we lived there. When I asked her what she meant, she asked me if I ever heard women's and children's voices. I told her yes.

You have to understand the kind of person she is. She is a Christian and wouldn't lie to save her own life. Anyway, she then asked me if I ever felt a thumping under the bed. Again, I said yes.

At this point I kind of wondered if maybe Gary had put her up to asking me these things, because she did have a good sense of humor.

But when she asked me if I had ever seen anything orange go from the bedroom into the bathroom, I realized she wasn't teasing me, because I had never told anyone about the "orange" man I saw. When I told her I had experienced the same exact things, she told me she was glad, because she thought she was crazy.

After that, she, her mom and sisters blessed the trailer and she never noticed anything else.

Other hauntings by Miracles51031

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miracles51031, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-15)
rook - I know we've taken into consideration movie releases (and dread them LOL). As far as world events, I don't know if I've ever thought about that as being a catalyst for submissions. Could be.

Lots of things to think about, huh? 😆 But it seriously does make me go "Huh?" when I am editing more than one of the same topic (like that term "topic waves"...very fitting). And it's not like people are doing what I sometimes do... Read a story that reminds me of an experience so I share mine as well. Our members haven't even had a chance to read the first one LOL

Interesting 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-06-15)
Miracles,

I wonder if we were to go back over the years of experience submissions and looked at the 'topic waves' as they came in and then compared them to world events, natural disasters and even 'movie' release's...what kind of trends might there be?

Are the YGS Submissions (either Factual experiences or Fictional stories) a 'predicting' method OR simply influenced by upcoming movie releases?

😲

Now there is something to think about...

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-15)
Manafon - over the years I've been a mod, I have noticed there are times when something like this happens, as in this case: two stories almost back to back that involve a fire ball. I find it intriguing when things like this happen.

For those who might misread this, I am not insinuating anything. I just find this very interesting. Like an onslaught of Ouija board stories or haunted mobile homes. It's like that category just opened back up and people are submitting their relevant experiences LOL
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-01)
Miracles
I love this story. I have never seen anything move by itself but have had things move. A friend of my sister saw my dopplganger once. There have been other people who have said that they have seen me in different places at the same time. I can only disprove 1 account. I have a sister who looked like my twin when we were younger,she's 3 years younger than me.
Regaerds
Red
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-31)
yomomma - I'm only on p. 43 of 144 and have come across several instances where either I or one of my kids has seen something move, that shouldn't have been able to move on its own. There are also times when something has been moved, but none of us were witness to it 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2016-05-31)
yomomma - I'll have to get back to you on that. I try not to rely on my memory anymore (it's pretty bad LOL) so I'm going to check my Journal.
yomomma (11 stories) (81 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-31)
Miracles51031 I have to say I am 'down right' tickled to know your experience is so similar to my family members Doppelganger experiences. Thank you so much for letting me know about this occurrence. The bowl thing is wild. Did you ever see anything else move like that?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
Miracles I can honestly say I haven't seen the previews for it, but it sounds intriguing! I'm going to google it. 😁

Taz mate have been on holidays for 3 weeks just got back yesterday another year again lol! Good to hear from you buddy! 😁

Have lots of catching up to do on here missed so many stories! 😢
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
DARKNESS bout time mate where you been hiding? Yes all good thanks
Miracles you know me, got to love them trolls 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
Dan - it'll have to wait a bit. I'm watching Alcatraz 😨. You seen the previews for it?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
Miracles I actually think Daz has the crown lol you will have to ask him 4 it back! 😆 Missed you aswell Marjie its good to be back! 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
Good Grief! - Dan, I'm so sorry LOL. It's been awhile since I've had a blonde moment on here and boy, did I pull a good one!

WHERE THE HECK IS MY CROWN!

Hiya, Dan 😆 Missed you LOL
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
Taz and granny - thanks for feeding them while I was gone. I was starting to feel guilty for neglecting them 😉

Hey, daz 😆
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
Taz seen your name buddy and had to say hello, hope all is well I have seen you been feeding those creatures that live under bridges lol! 😆 😆 😁
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
[at] granny and I had been so good up until now too!
There goes my no troll diet 😆
And the shame to see shes a brit too 😭
Lowering the tone a bit too much I think 😠
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
Taz: LOL! 😆 😆...Well, sometimes a tiny morsel once in a while...Can't be helped when they're this pitiful LMAO! 😆
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
[at] jessika how can you take offence when your accused of being a troll yet you do this?
Its rather childish don't you think?

[at] granny I know, I know! Don't feed em lol
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
Trust me on this one, for YOU to find the answer would make this more...
I can remember ONE thing from High School. I know you are probably wondering where I am going with this, but hang on a sec.
I can remember that Nebraska is the ONLY state within the United States that has a Unicameral Government. The rest of the States have a Bicameral Government.
What has that got to do with you?
Look for the hidden links that will bring you more information on repressed visions. They hide them very well.
The ones that will help you the most are the government sponsored sites. Repressed visions occur most OFTEN in military personnel.
Wa-do.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-22)
wb - okay, I'm struggling here. Got a link for repressed visions I can check out?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
wb - okay, I have great and complete respect for you.

Repressed visions? I googled, got lots of sexual repression, memory repression and 1 link for repressed visions. Do I need to say I DON'T have the patience you seem to have?

I now completely understand why aussie calls you Seeker. (Head bowed in reverence.)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
whitebuffalo - you always spring something new on me, don't you?

Gotta be honest here. I've never heard of "repressed vision," but will google and see what happens.

I might be yelling for help deciphering, though.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-21)
I should say first that I have not read through any of the other comments-- yet.
Tell me, did your ex have a habit of sleep walking? Nah, you would have thought of that.
Have you ever looked into "repressed vision"?
Maybe you should.
Wa-do.
hope4ever (4 stories) (75 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Very interesting. Belessings are wonderous things, and who knows maybe it was just a trapped energy that they released when they blessed it. Either way, spooky and good memory.

As always, thanks for sharing the memory. 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
Amen, Daz, amen. Farfetched is better than some of the other stuff I've read or been subjected to. You don't come across as an egotist, you know. Or crazy. But don't cancel our reservations just yet! 😆

It is seriously past my bedtime now. Talk to you later. 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
Thank you miracles, you know I try to open my mind and explore reason when offering some spiritual logic, which can seem far fetch to some, its not that I'm trying to big note myself, but if 10 percent of what I'm saying is correct, than that's 10 percent closer we are to finding the answers, that is my long term hope that will dispense the (bs) offered in other philosophizes, which has cause so much death in current and previous centuries,
Cheers Marjie 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-09)
DAZ - I hope you know I took absolutely no offense when you were asking questions. How do you know what's going on if you don't ask, huh? Whitebuffalo recently told me that! 😆

Anyway, I so seriously appreciate all your input here. Your advice is always unique (and I mean that in such a good way). You never provide a typical comment. There is always thought and experience behind your words and advice. I appreciate you answering my yell.

Thank you,

Marjie
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-08)
OK what I think it was not Gary in astro movement, it had more to do with your previous experience and a separate entity, the fact that you saw him clearly in clothes coincidently is something I'd experience recently, I find it amazing how this all works and am still learning myself sorry for asking so many questions just trying to rule out before in if you know what I mean,

You know I remember a ghost story by telly salvalis I hope that's how you spell his name, his car broke down in the country and he hitched a ride with a stranger heading in to town, he exchanged details with that man and latter on when he called him at home to arrange a dinner, for him and his wife, his wife who answered the phone explained her husband had been dead for 12 months and thought it was a sick joke, so I 100 percent believe now they can move around us, just as real as they were when alive, and some of them seem to be able to interact in unbelievable ways, I think this is what you saw.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-08)
Aussie - no I didn't consciously look for that shirt because there wasn't enough time for him to go to the bathroom, back into the bedroom, shed the shirt, fall back into bed in a snoring sleep. It really only does take a second or two to get from the kitchen to the bedroom. And it is a clear visual shot from one end of the trailer to the other. Nothing blocking the bedroom doorway.

Not only that, but my sister-in-law saw the same thing so I think we can rule out Gary being awake.

That's probably what I'm more curious about. The fact that she saw the same thing I did. And I never mentioned it to anyone before she asked me about it.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-08)
Miriacles; the empty bowl moving on its own is defiantly a separate spiritual entity with some amount of energy, the reason I asked about how long before you saw Gary asleep is because a few minutes could be enough time for him to pull his shirt off and go back to sleep, did you look around the room for that shirt? Because if his a typical male I'm sure it would be laying on the floor somewhere close to the bed?

I do believe its possible to see a fully fleshed spirit even if Gary is walking around out of body, I saw my mother recently in full flesh and she has been seen by other family members as well, first time in 42 years, most of what I see normally are more in spiritual form,

So my next question is, did you look for that shirt? And can you remember what he was wearing the night before.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-08)
aussie - thank you! Wasn't sure you'd see this before my plea was lost.

OK - first, it was only a matter of minutes between me seeing "him" and then going to apologize. The trailer was only 60' long. I didn't wait. I really felt bad for waking him.

Second, the shirt was definitely solid. There was nothing that gave me any reason not to think it was Gary. I can't sit here and tell you I saw his face. I saw black hair and orange t-shirt. Can't say I even know if I saw boxers or anything like that.

Any ideas?

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: