You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Ouija Board And The Baby

Real Ghost Stories

The Ouija Board And The Baby

 

This is my mothers story, so I will tell you the story as best I can. When my mother was young, she use to live with her parents in a house in Manchester with her three sisters and two brothers. On being brought up in a family that was very much interested in the paranormal, she too became hooked and one night convinced her eldest sister to make an Ouija board with her.

Once the ouija board was created, my mother use to spend time on the board with many friends, but to no avail. Eventually on a quiet night alone at home, she managed to convince her sister to 'play' on the board. My mom says that as soon as Aunty Yvonnes' hand touched the board, it started moving and going to the same letters over and over. When writing it out, the message read:

BABY STAIRS BABY STAIRS BABY STAIRS - over and over.

They forgot about it all of the next day, but that night her youngest brother, Darren, who was only a baby at that time fell down the stairs. She said that it was lucky my gran was walking past at that time because she managed to catch him before he fell the rest of the way down.

Though my mother begged Aunty Yvonne to go on the ouija board with her, Aunty Yvonne never touched a ouija board again.

Other hauntings by Nikita

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nikita, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
This is one of the first stories I've heard of a board doing some good! You might be interested in my story Dad's Ouija.
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Shadead- Sorry I forgot to put your name in my last comment, "I don't think Boards are totally bad and this experience is a great example of that fact. They are just way to dangerous in a set of novice hands that all.

People really need to know what they are doing before handling them" was directed at you. I agree with what you said. I think if you follow the steps in protecting yourself it can be useful at the proper times.
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Cosmogal926-

Yeah, it was a turning point for her too. She's still in denial about a lot of things but there is no explanation for that and she doesn't even try to explain it away anymore. She refuses to even allow boards into her house cause it left such a strong impression. She does, however, now enjoy watching documentaries and shows about Ghost Hunting and reading up about stuff. I think she's less of a non-believer and more of an easily creeped out person in denial lol.

I don't think Boards are totally bad and this experience is a great example of that fact. They are just way to dangerous in a set of novice hands that all.

People really need to know what they are doing before handling them
Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-22)
Not to be advocatingthe Board but tired of everyone downing them when they have some pretty interesting and helpful aspects they predicted an accident not all 100% but still not great it happened but I mean it does say use with care and there are 100's of precautions you can take.

I have used and will still use a board occasionally *if spelt wrong sorry* becaue I enjoy it and find it interesting and I research who I get.

Anyhow good story and nice that darren is ok and interested if you have any more stories.

~Shadead.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Geez this is probably one out of about 10 stories I have read when an ouija board actually did something good. Still my opinion stays the same regarding them, "play with fire and you will get burnt". I am glad that everything turned out okay for Darren, your mothers aunty sounds as though she has a very spiritual side to her!

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Hi Nikita, I think that the spirit knew what was going to happen and wanted to warn her about it. Glad Darren was ok 😊 And don't try ouija boards they're nothing but trouble.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Hi Nikita, Eventhough I am dead set against Ouija boards it sounds like your mother and aunt had received a warning from a spirit who was trying to be helpful. I agree, good thing your grandmother was there at the time and that little Darren was ok. 😊

[at] MCP, I enjoyed reading about your mother's experience as well. She asked for a sign, and she got a good one. That's amazing!
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Thankyou Aya for the birthday wishes for
Anjeni Katalin Nicole
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Thats a really amazing story. I find Ouija boards produce some of the best.

My Mother had an experience as well that you might find interesting. I never have personally.

My Aunt called my Mom up and told her she thought she had my Mothers Mom on the board. My Aunt was my fathers sister so she didn't really know my Gram. My Mom pretty much refused for a long while, she was raised Catholic and was really against stuff like that. She finally agreed to go over but not to mess with it.

While she was there the board kept saying mildly convincing things and my Mom decided she'd see just how real it possibly was. She sat down and rested her hand on the piece and asked to be given proof. To do say or so something no one else would think that would make it clear. So she waited maybe a minute completely skeptical and then nearly had a heart attack as she jumped out of her seat coughing. She was stunned and no one had any idea why lol. She started asking if they could smell it and they said no. My Mom had gotten a face full of her mothers favorite perfume, channel #5. She said she couldn't believe it but it was like someone took the bottle and sprayed it at her face.
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
Advance Happy Birthday to Anjeni! 😁

-Aya x Yoite
Eternal Love Affair
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-21)
When I played Ouija board it kept going back and forth saying yes and no to boy. Although at the time I already knew from an ultrasound I was 20 something weeks pregnant in 2006 with a boy. It predicted a miscarriage in 2007, which did happen for me on Feb 13th 2007. Then it said July 22nd 2007. But on July 22nd 2008 at 9:26pm my 2nd Daughter Anjeni was born. Her name means Spirit Angel. Anjeni turns 2 years old on July 22nd 2010 at 9:26pm.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: