You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Got It

Real Ghost Stories

I Got It

 

Since my Mom's passing in January of 2011, I spend most nights with my 79 year old Dad in his home because he doesn't like to stay alone. During the early morning hours on January 15, 2014 something creepy and disturbing happened in my Dad's home.

I sleep on the couch in the living room. I awoke from the sound of my Dad walking into the kitchen. I looked at my alarm clock and it was about 4:30 am. My Dad seen he had waken me up so he went back into his bedroom. I still had a hour before having to get up so I laid there trying to go back to sleep. I was thinking to myself that my pillow sucked and that I needed a better pillow. I was trying to remember what pillows I had at home that weren't being occupied by my husband and kids. While laying there with my eyes closed and thinking about how uncomfortable I was, I heard a sudden faint whisper saying, "I got it! I got it!" Then I heard loudly in my right ear a breathy whisper say, "I got it!" My eyes popped open and I sat up. I looked around a little bit (the kitchen light was on so I could see into the living room) and I tried to figure out if what I heard was real or just a part of my imagination. I looked at the alarm clock and it was 5:11. I laid back down for a few more minutes. The voice reminded me of my 10 year old son. It sounded like a child. It made no sense! I said to myself, "I'm not going to think much of it. Maybe I did fall back asleep for a minute and it was part of a weird dream." I got up to get dressed and noticed that it was chillier than usual. I was actually shivering. I went into the bathroom and looked into the mirror. There were red splotches on the right side of my neck! I was lying on my left.

I walked into the kitchen to get my car keys and I felt weird. I felt like I had no space and was being crowded in. I had a very anxious feeling. After starting up my car to warm up, I talked to my Dad for a few minutes about what he was going to do that day. I didn't tell him about my experience because stuff like that scares him.

As I was leaving his house I had a feeling of paranoia. I even looked into the backseat of my car before getting in. I felt like I wasn't alone. While driving home my chest began to hurt, my head started to throb and I felt nauseated. I just had a feeling like I wasn't alone in the car.

When I arrived home and got out of the car I felt relieved. The anxiety slowly lifted. I didn't tell my husband or anyone else because still I'm not certain if it was a weird dream or real. I plan to take my voice recorder tonight and leave it on all night while I sleep. I've had other strange occurrences in my Dad's home so anything is possible. A little scary but I don't think it's anything to be afraid of... Hopefully.

Other hauntings by shhh_im_sleeping

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shhh_im_sleeping, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-18)
What kind of red splotches? Like hives, or larger splotches? And then you felt cold and anxious? I don't discount the voice but everything else sounds like allergies or the beginning of getting a cold or flu, to me. I have really bad allergies, and the worse my allergies get, the worse my sleep gets, the weirder my dreams get, etc. A friend of mine recently fell asleep on her couch and woke up ridiculously stuffed up, which she isn't used to, and I asked if there might be any mold in the room. Turns out there's a leak in the ceiling of her livingroom. So that's fresh on my mind. Just a random, but related thought.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-18)
shhh_im_sleeping: Very interesting have you thought about whatever was saying "I got it" actually was your son Astral Travelling or psychically connecting to you?
If you believe it sounded like your son voice there may be a possibility that (like my friend Miracles mentioned) there is a psychic connection between you both like he understood at the time you wanted another pillow?
The other possibility is that something else was there trying to communicate with you, it would explain your feelings etc, doesn't sound threatning at all, bit of investigating seems to be in order me thinks. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-17)
Ssh- you have such a tight family, it's hard to tell who it was. 😊 Like Miricles was saying, I've heared of mothers hearing their children miles away. Do you think it might be a relative?
CrystalLeo (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-13)
Well, this is a really interesting story. It seems to me that when you brushed it off as nothing much is when things started getting thicker.
Whoever it was, didn't want to be ignored. So it made sure that you knew it was there. Some apparitions can follow you, so it is very likely that it came along with you so you would be aware of it.
I would love to hear the updates with the tape recorder.
Did the voice sound like a girl or a boy's?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
Shh_im_sleeping, It sounds like your either power napping through those nights at your fathers or it could possibly be your in a deep meditation. When your over there do you have a normal occurence of anxiety, or was that an isolated case? It also sounds as though it could be a residual haunting, and your more intune while your laying there in bed. I have had it happen with me while meditating. Its a very confusing situation and experience to explain. I hope we get an update with the voice recorder you set out. Good luck
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
I do not recall my son saying "I got it" at any certain time but I could have subconsciously heard him say it and it replayed in my mind. Anything is possible. When I heard the second "I got it", I became alert and then the third "I got it" was clearly in my right ear as if someone was standing over me trying to wake me up. To me, it was very real. I have seen an apparition in my fathers home in August 2013 so I know there is a spirit lirking around there. I do not give much credence to things that happen when I am not fully alert but it's still an experience nonetheless. Thanks for your comments. Much appreciated.
chloeduvall (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
I'm not sure if it's paranormal or not. I've had a lot of experiences where I wake up in the middle of the night for whatever reason. I try to go back to sleep... And sometimes I actually do fall asleep but I think i'm not and I think whatever I'm experiencing... Voices or anything is real. Then I "wake up" not realizing i've even slept. And like an hour has passed and I actually did sleep. Hope that makes sense lol.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
And I do realize the time you heard it 😆 but I don't think that always plays into things. I've learned psychic timing is on its clock or schedule 😉 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
shhh_im_sleeping - just a thought, but did you check with your son when you got home to see if he might have said "I got it"? This has happened with me many times. I'll "hear" something that I'm not sure whether it is paranormal or not and find out that someone has actually said it. But they aren't anywhere near me where I could possibly hear them. I'm talking miles apart. So I'm wondering if it could be a psychic connection between you and your son.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: