You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ghostly Footprints

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Footprints

 

This is something that had just happened yesterday, and now after about 20 years I'm starting to finally possibly put some pieces together. As a child growing up at my parent's house a good 3-hour drive south where I live now. I remember that on certain occasions (particularly mornings) when it was wet outside either from morning dew, rain or snow, I would notice small footprints made from shoes on the front porch.

The interesting thing about these footprints was the fact that they were rather small as to be made by a child maybe around the age of 7 or 8. And none were to fit any shoes or size of anybody's feet in my household... And I always would notice them often when I was the first one outside that day. To be honest, I thought it was interesting but for some reason it never really bothered me, plus I would try to make up some logical excuses in my head even if they didn't quite fit or make sense.

Another incident that had happened when I was a child that I remember, was a time when my family and I was getting ready one Sunday morning to go to church. I happened to look outside in a large pine tree and quickly saw a figure with a red shirt on that was in the pine tree. When I looked again it was gone, I told my parents and they brushed it off as though I was probably just seeing things and my wild imagination. I remember going out to the car with my parents and looking up at the tree to not see anybody or anything, so I kind of thought the same thing.

That day we had come home from church and our house had been robbed! I had thought that maybe I had seen the person in the tree that had robbed us, and I even told the police what I had seen. But once again, me being a small child everybody just kind of brushed it off.

Well yesterday morning my girlfriend who lives with me went outside to let the dog out and was very concerned about these wet footprints all over the porch. Instantly hearing this, it jogged my memories of when I was a child, and I asked her, were they small footprints as of that of a child, and she said yes! I had then went to take a look for myself and they were the same types of footprints I had seen as a child. Seeing this had made me start to think about things again, and I now think a little bit differently about things.

Since I had met my girlfriend about five years ago, she seemed to be plagued with extremely bad luck with all aspects of life, to the point where we were looking into ways to remove curses, bad spirits, etc. She had even experienced some strange paranormal type things. People whispering her name in her ear and nobody there and coffee cups that seemed as if somebody hit the cup out of her hand and across the room.

And since we moved to this new place little things like the lights going off/on. Television turning itself off, and just weird feelings on occasion... But not usually on a regular basis, just once and awhile. Although the night prior to yesterday morning when we found the footprints, she mentioned how weird it was that she felt a cold draft just on her, and how incredible odd that was.

Now I have just been trying to piece all of this together and this is my theory... Is it possible that perhaps these footprints that have only been around me throughout my life were that of some type of spirit that has attached itself to me and feels the need to protect me? Would this explain the footprints outside wherever I live as if it was guarding my house? Is the bad luck and incidents with my girlfriend happening because for whatever reason it feels threatened by her?

And last but not least... Maybe the person I saw in the tree wasn't the robber... Perhaps it was this spirit? I'm not 100% sure. Maybe I'm just nuts and blowing this whole thing out of proportion! I just don't know for sure. Has anybody else ever had an experience like, or heard of anything like this? Is this unusual?

I would love anybody's input or advice on this... Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by nestjay26

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nestjay26, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Claired (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-21)
Nestjay, I do not know if these comments go back to you or not. Its been a few years, did you ever get rid of the problem with the ghost?
Dinky (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Nestjay

It might be worthwhile investigating the history of your family home and see if any children died there or even in the local area. As other people have already mentioned it may be a good idea to just acknowledge it's presense from time to time (if you feel it's around).
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Hi and thank you for sharring this very interesting story with us. I mbelive that this spirit maybe isn't attached to the house but attached to you. The bad luck with your girlfriend? Well I ahte to say it but its possible that this is caused by the spirit. Spirits can get aggetated by changes. I'm sure what you saw in the tree could be a spirit. It all depends on what you believe you saw. Its hard for me to say what exactly you saw but I don't think it was your imagination. Thanks again fro sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
nestjay26,
Two things.
First and foremost, I agree with Rhodes. This poor little thing has been wandering around, following you for over twenty years. It is time to help it get Home.
Second: BAD luck, or "interesting things" happen to your girlfriend in the five years that you have been together? If you are looking, or HAVE looked, into ways to remove curses (any luck with that?) and bad spirits, that would make me think that it was mostly spiritual, or paranormal occurrences.
Would that be correct for me to assume?
The FEEL I get from this story is that you have a jealous little thing trying to "get rid of" a person who "does not belong".
It is similar to when an eligible bachelor has an admiring little girl that simply adores the bachelor. She follows him, learns things about him, enjoys his interests, even learns how to play basketball, because that is what HE does. For YEARS it has ONLY been THEM and it is just the "two of them".
Then along comes this bachelorette. The bachelor and the bachelorette become friends, and NOT so much time is spent with the little girl any more. THEN when they became romantically involved, that is just TOO much for the little girl. She starts to devise plans on how to "get rid of" the bachelorette (just make her leave, nothing sinister about it, at all).
Maybe she even does things that are supposed to make the bachelor look bad enough, to the bachelorette, that she no longer wants to spend time with him.
It is a PURELY NATURAL WAY for a small child to reason.

It is time to help you little friend Cross Over. Tell her/him that you VERY MUCH appreciate all the time that you have had. TELL her/him that you are now a grown up, believe it or not, she/he MAY not know, or realize that. Let her/him know that the loved ones who have gone before her/him are waiting with open arms for her/him. Be gentle, be compassionate, this IS a little person, they tend to be a bit more emotional, and a bit less understanding. You MAY need to "over simplify" things so that it is understood.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
Nestjay acknowledging the child's presence is one way to go about it but I wouldn't ask it to go away. "Go away where?" If this child has been with you for so long isn't possible that you are its only connection to this world? Let's not forget that this "soul" used to be someone's child, a human being who obviously passed away prematurely. I cannot possibly know why it connected to you-is it kinship or that it saw something "familiar" in you?

If I was to "send it" somewhere or attempt to "assist" it in any way, I'd try to explain to it that it is no longer a part of this world-it might not even know it has died. I'd tell it that it needs to cross to the other side where his own loved ones are awaiting. I'd try encouraging it to not be afraid as the world he'll be crossing over to is a better place where he will be reunited with his family.

If you feel uncertain about how to do this, please ask someon's help with this. Let's not forget that this child has been your "companion" for much longer that your girlfriend or any other friend has and if it is "defensive" towards anyone who comes close to you, it is because it wants to protect you.
nestjay26 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
I want to thank everybody for their comments and helpful insight on my situation. Yeah I have never felt as though this was a harmful spirit, at least not to me... It is possible that my girlfriend's bad luck could be coincidental, but if so it did seem to get extremely bad after meeting me. I guess that's just one of those things you can never be sure of? I never thought to just talk to it and acknowledge that I know it is there and ask it simply to stop if it is involved with the bad luck of my girlfriend... I will definately have to do that though. As far as the figure of the person I saw in the tree when our house was robbed that sunday morning. It was some time ago now for I was a small child when I noticed it... However all I can distinctly remember was that it had a bright red shirt on. I literally glanced at it for a coupld of seconds and when I looked again it was completely gone... So whether what I saw was a man, woman, or child... I cannot be sure. I don't remember noticing any facial features or anything other than that it was definately a person with a red shirt on, and it was in the large pine tree that sits in the front of the house I grew up in...
Thank You to everybody who have posted so far, and please anything anybody else has by all means keep the comments coming!😁
hales3 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
I just want to say that, yes, the spirit is more than likely attached to you. It like your energy, or just likes the reaction you give it. It seems like the spirit is not bad, and it may have been trying to warn you of the robbery the day you saw it in the tree, if it was the spirit.

I have the same thing as your girlfriend, not the bad luck, but I always have something whispering my name in my ear, ever since I was a very small child. I don't know exactly why, but I think they just want to be noticed, and not forgotten... No one wants to be forgotten, and everybody likes to know they're noticed. You can try telling her, or do this yourself, but just give it some recognition when it does things. Say " I acknowledge your presence, now please, leave me alone." Since the spirits don't sound sinister I don'd think you'll need to force anything to leave you two alone. My aunt (married into the family) is a medium, and she's given me a few pointers on what to do and how to go about asking them to stop. Good luck, hope this comment helps you!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
It does sound like something is attached to you nestjay and I would have to assume that since you've never been harmed, it's a friendly energy and one that feels some strong sense of connection to you to travel from home to home to be on your side.

You mentioned something about a figure you saw once. Did that figure look like that of a child? I'm wondering if this spirit is a deceased family member or one that grew fond of you as time went by.

Have you ever asked your family about past relatives? Apart from the incidents you describe, have you ever felt its presence during the time you were growing up?

Finally although your girlfriend's bad luck seems too coincidental, it might be just that-pure coincidence unless, of course, this has been the case with most people you get "close" to.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Can't say that I have but I'm sure it's not ususal in the paranormal world. I've always wondered why some ghost can do physical things while others can't.If a ghost can look perfectly solid I guess they can also leave footprints. Some people are haunted and some places are haunted. Maybe you are the prior.I'm not sure if that has anything to do with your girlfriends bad luck. Was her luck that much different before you met her? People have strings of good and bad luck all the time. Be glad the poltergeist activity is not intense. It may just want to let you know it's there. It hasn't harmed anyone so I don't think you have too much to be concerned about. They say to talk to it like you would a real person because it was a real person at one time. If you feel it's the cause of your girlfriend's bad luck ask politely that it cease to do it. You may think that's foolish to do but what the heck it can't hurt to give it a try.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: