You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Mynah Healing

Real Ghost Stories

Mynah Healing

 

Last week was very difficult for me. My wife traveled to Hawai'i (Big Island) to compete in the "Merry Monarch" hula festival. When I'm alone I tend to be visited by many unexplainable things, which I first believed was just paranoia. Since I became part of a unity I noticed that many strange things ceased or were shared experiences between my wife and me. It's like I had a partner or sidekick!

Last time she went to the festival I felt something watching me through out the night. Never had more than 3 hours of sleep a night because of that pressure in my room. This time was different though. This time I got real sick.

The day after she left I began feeling like a cold was taking over. By Friday morning my stomach felt like it was turning, I was nauseous. I felt extremely tired and my head throbbed. I had to get to my meeting, which I was about to cancel, when my wife calls me.

I tell her how I feel and she asked if I was still going to work. I know she would fight through illness to work, so I sucked it up and told her I was still going. I parked a couple blocks from my meeting place and dreaded the walk to the building. I was concentrating on not falling flat on my face. Then I hear a high pitched chuckle.

Above my parked vehicle is a Mynah. It stared at me from the telephone wire it was perched upon. I gave it a nod, hoping it would find somewhere else to poop, and began walking to my destination. As I turned at the cross section a shadow swooped passed my head. It was the same Mynah. It flew up onto the street sign in front of me. I ignored it and continued on.

Once again the Mynah flew passed me onto a nearby fence. I looked at it and clicked with my tongue. The Mynah just stared at me. I shrugged and went across the street to the next block. As I continued my walk, the Mynah stayed with me, swooping down past me and landing a few yards in front of me. Fence to wire; wire to sign, sign to post it went with me all the way to the back entry of the office buildings.

I get to the back gated area and the Mynah jumped onto the railing right next to me. I held out my hand and he never flinched. I brought out my cell phone and snapped a photo of it next to my hand. He unnervingly stared at me, right into my eyes. I then told the Mynah "I'm going now, goodbye!" I walked into the courtyard heading toward the stairwell that leads to my meeting room. I was dreading the stairs since I felt a bit woozy. As I stepped onto the first part of the stairs I feel a scratching on my backpack.

I turned to see what this noise was. It was the Mynah scurrying up my backpack. He walked onto my shoulder and perched. I looked at him and he stared into my left eye. "Are you coming with me?" I asked. He just sat there. I went up 3 flights of stairs with this wild creature on my shoulder. When I got to my room I asked "Are you following me in?" He stared into my eye again without fear. I opened the door and proceeded in.

I looked at my coworkers and exclaimed "Look what followed me in!" When they looked up, the bird immediately bolted out the door. One of the ladies asked "What the heck was that!?!" I said it was a Mynah bird. It followed me from my car. She replied "Yeah, right!" She came to the door and the Mynah was on the outside railing staring at me still. "Do you have your phone?" she asked. "Let me get a photo of you and your friend." I stood next to the Mynah, but as she raised the cell phone he started to walk away.

"Move closer to it." she said. I moved back next to it and she pulled the phone up again. The Mynah started moving away again so she quickly snapped the picture. "I need to get closer; he looks like the back ground..." She stepped out of the office and the bird took off. Here's the strangest thing. When it left, my stomach was no longer aching, the pounding in my head stopped, I didn't feel nauseous any more, and I felt calm.

Hawaii's Mynah birds are very independent and wild. They do not interact well with people. This bird was different. He consistently stared into my eyes and he was very much afraid of the girl taking our picture. My ailments also ceased when he flew away, I even felt better than normal, peaceful. My family has animal protectors, believe it or not, that are called 'aumakua. Many Hawaiian families have these things. My family 'aumakua is the shark, however, not the Mynah.

I'm not saying I'm unappreciative to this creature freeing me of my sickness, I'm just surprised, pleasantly surprised. This Mynah was a very gentle creature; I couldn't even feel it holding onto my shoulder. I've held tamed birds before and they dig in with the talons, this one did not. It almost felt like family, a soft hand on my shoulder. Any one have any ideas or beliefs that could shed some light on this? Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by 4d

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 4d, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-06-21)
Hello:
I live in FL & have a mourning dove that meets me outside quite often. It appears (to me as well as my father) right before stressful events like family surgeries or other events having to do with the paternal side of my family. Sometimes it comes close; even upon the balcony upstairs outside of my bedroom and other times it perches nearby and stares for a long while. My paternal grandfather has been deceased for a couple of decades and he was an award-winning pigeon trainer. He especially loved mourning doves; calling them "lovey-doveys". I like to think he is still around, and still guiding the birds.
Kind Regards ๐Ÿ˜Š
HalfLife619 (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
Very nice story. This reminds me of my beloved dog Spike. He past away when he was 3 or 4 months old and I can still sense that he is still with me, protecting and guiding me.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-07)
sistina,

What a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing this. It gives me a good feeling inside to hear your experience, mahalo โค!

Aloha,
4d
sistina (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-02-04)
I was walking home in the dark one night and feeling kind of scared and for some reason REALLY lonely. I had three miles to go outside of town. And I was maybe 15. I was scared and I started to cry. So I said a prayer (protection and comfort) and A cat all black came out of the bushes beside the road. He wouldn't let me touch him but he walked beside me the entire way. The last half mile is straight into the forest on gravel rd. But I wasn't afraid because I wasn't alone. The cat stopped at the edge of the driveway and watched me until I went inside.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
scrapmetalkitten,

Thanks so much for your story! I appreciate your perspective and I also believe that animals can heal/be beneficial to ones health. Aloha - 4d
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
I really liked this story a lot. I would say that this bird was a familiar or possibly a spirit. I think it sensed you were ill, and it wanted to protect you and make you feel better.

My grandma told me this story about one of my cats. When I was about 3 or 4 I was very very sick and my big black cat kept crawling up on my chest and laying on it. My grandma and parents kept making him get off and he kept insisting on laying over my chest. Later on that night I was rushed to the ER because I was drenched in sweat like I just stood under a shower and had an extremely high temperature. It turns out I had to be hospitalized for a couple of weeks because I had a very severe case of pneumonia. The point that I'm making is that I think my cat sensed something was really wrong with my chest so he kept laying there trying to provide warmth and maybe attempt to heal me because I had a lot of fluid built up in my lungs. He never acted that way before and he didn't do it after I got out of the hospital.

Animals are natural healers and protectors!

-Sydney โค ๐Ÿ˜Š โค
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
celtcharm,
I'm glad you enjoyed the story! I never thought of it like that before. I realize that I was inland and my family protector wouldn't be able to do much, maybe the Mynah was a friend of the shark ๐Ÿ˜†!

VoxMortuus,
Aloha kaua! โค Yeah, the Mynah has quite a big sound and stays out of distance from human contact. This one was very peaceful and only made sound that once above my car, sort of a chuckle. He was so gentle upon my shoulder and gave off a nice warmth I could feel spreading towards my back. Great feeling when it flew away.

Tonith,
Believe me I feel truly blessed when given the opportunity to experience things that are not of the norm. I think I do have a sort of separation anxiety as well, but it has never influenced my health. I'm a pretty sound character, don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs (Not even Advil or aspirin when sick) and never do any extreme activities. I don't think I'm a sensitive, however a lot of things will produce themselves to me for some reason. Right place right time I guess.

P.s. The mynah bird actually migrated from India. ๐Ÿ˜

Aloha to all of you and thanks for the help and some possible answers. I like to keep an open mind to others ideas. Mahalo nui!
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-26)
I know nothing about tropical birds but this one sounds like it liked you for some reason. Could it be coincidence? Possibly. Could you have separation anxiety? Sounds like that could be an issue. Could you be sensitive? Very possible. I don't know what happened to you but you should feel blessed that you have that kind of repore with nature.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-25)
Hey 4d, I probably don't live far from you. I'm on the Big Island, South Kona. Yes we have these mynahs all over the place but none of them have ever exhibited the sort of behavior you describe to anyone around us. They pretty much keep to themselves outside of squawking like crazy in the mornings to wake us up. It sounds to me like the mynah that worked a healing on you was something more than a mere bird. I've found the islands to be powerful, mysterious places and it wouldn't surprise me at all to find that Animal Familiars work here as well - possibly in much more diverse forms.

Aloha nui.
celtcharm (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-25)
Hello 4d, I enjoyed your experience. I learn so much from reading experiences on this sight. I didn't know what an aumakua was until I read your story. You said your family's aumakua is a shark. Do you think maybe one of your ancestors or family members sent the Mynah to help you out since obviously a shark was not around you on dry land and you needed help right away? I was curious. Thanks for shareing. Peace, Celtcharm
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
angelboo424,
I love watching animals in nature. They do the most adorable things, simple, like me ๐Ÿ˜‰. I agree that people should or could learn by watching animals. None of them want to rule the Earth nor need power.

KimSouthO,
Thank you for your kind words! ๐Ÿ˜ I'm so glad you enjoyed my tale.

Aloha to the both of you, 4d
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
I must say, I found your story very interesting! I enjoy cultural differances and beliefs-and as your sitaution clearly illustrates, the phenomenon of paranormal doesn't care witch culture or belifs you have, it is there nad it is real.

Thanks fortaking the time to share your story with us!

God Bless!
angelboo424 (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-24)
4d - I think maybe in a past life I was an American Indian so it's funny you said that.
Also, communicating with animals is wonderful! They are so wise and full of love, if only humans would realize that this world would be a much better place!

Elina,
Animals are known for taking away a person's illness or bad energy. They literally take it into themselves to help you to feel better. Because animals are pure spirit, they are able to take on your sickness or bad energy and just pass it on without becoming sick themselves, it's pretty unlikely that this was a demon that it was warding off:)

Hugs,
Joanne
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
angelboo424,
Thank you so, so much for your reply! ๐Ÿ˜ I was also raised as a Catholic, and just like you, had different ideals on the religion view point. I ultimately take from my teachings to love one another and be more understanding to others needs. It must be pretty amazing communicating with non human creatures! ๐Ÿ˜Š I also think your exposure to many different religions is quite impressive. It almost seemed like you were from the Native American culture, since they are similar to Hawai'i. Once again thank you so much. Aloha me ka le'a! -4d

ElinaIoneki822,
I hope it wasn't a demon... ๐Ÿ˜จ! I'm happy you enjoyed my story, I'm just glad I feel better! Aloha, 4d
ElinaIoneki822 (9 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
That is a very beautiful story and thank you for sharing it! It definately sounds like it was some sort of family memeber warding off the sickness, or who knows? Maybe even a demon...

Hopefully things stay peaceful for you.

God bless,
Elina โค
angelboo424 (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
I am Italian and German and
I was actually raised a Catholic, I have always believed in Jesus and the Angels and Saints but I had a lot of problems with some of the Churches teachings such as reincarnation does not exsist and they don't beilive in spirits or psychics.
As I grew up I studied a lot of different religions and was drawn to the Buddist teachings as well as a lot of the American Indian beliefs. I consider myself a spiritualist now. I am studying level 2 in Reiki healing and am also an animal communicater and spirit communicater.

I hope that answered your questions!

Hugs,
Joanne

Www.myangelspeak.com
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
GeenuhTheGenocideBearr,
Thanks for your comments. ๐Ÿ˜

Angelboo424,
The people of Hawai'i have many spiritual beliefs, one being the 'aumakua which I stated in the story. I wonder... What culture does your belief in animal spirits come from? If you don't mind me asking. Also, is it your own culture? Thanks for commenting, and if it is not too personal considering answers to my curiosity! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Aloha โค, 4d
angelboo424 (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-23)
As a strong believer in animal spirit guides I have to say thank you for sharing this story with us ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hugs,
Joanne

Www.myangelspeak.com
GeenuhTheGenocideBearr (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-22)
WOW. That's really interesting! I'm surprised a mynah would follow you like that. Maybe it was a family member coming back to say hello? Haha either way great story.:]

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: