You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Mom And The Return Of My Fears

Real Ghost Stories

My Mom And The Return Of My Fears

 

My mom called me Saturday 13th at about 6:00pm. Without even saying hello, asking how I am she said she was coming to stay over at mine on Sunday as she was starting work at 4 the following morning (Monday) and beings as my place is literally a 5 minute walk from where she works, and she could not get a lift she thought it was ok to stay over. What could I say, and as much as I wanted to say no, I told her it was ok.

Feeling really nervous about her staying, I told my partner my mom was staying over Sunday and the colour drained from his face as did my son's when I told him. All we kept thinking was what she was going to do or mutter under her breath.

Without going into too much detail and I now she is my mother, but she has done a lot of wrong in my books. I have caught her trying to do things to me in my home. Whenever she goes to India she will always come back with stories of what this physic said or that physic said and I should do this and that. Majik be it black or white, don't bring it to my doorstep that is what I have told her. She denies any wrong doings but when there are certain members of the family who know what you are up to why deny it, especially when you are caught red-handed. As I said I won't go too much into my mother's ways.

She arrived at around 7:30pm Sunday 14th. She bought some apples and a couple of bananas and a loaf of bread. How odd and as she handed them to my son we exchanged a look to say how weird. It was not as if we did not have fruit and bread in the place.

My partner decided he did not want to be in the same place as my mom, he got dressed and went to my brother's where he stayed until 3:30 in the morning before making his way home knowing she would have left at 3:45a.m to start her shift.

About 9:30 my mom said she was tired, so I gave her my bed. Off she went to bed. My son and I watched a little telly before he said he was going to bed as well. So I was left in the living room as I was sleeping in there on the sofa.

While my mom and my son slept peacefully, I was having the worst night I have ever had in ages. I could not get comfortable. I kept swapping sides, one minute it would be to hot next to cold. The shadows that danced in the living room were freaking me out. I tossed and turned, turned and tossed. God knows if I slept at all. The next thing I was aware of is my mom leaving for work. The minute she walked out my partner walked in. He came into the living and new I had not slept at all. I made my way into the bedroom and got into my bed. My partner decided he wanted to play Battlefield for a bit while I tried to get a couple of hours sleep.

Some of you may know I have a somewhat haunted life. I am tormented by; I call him my night time stalker. I am also undecided whether it is sleep paralysis I suffer from. So let me tell you of the events that have occurred since my mom stayed over.

Monday night being totally shattered after a very bad Sunday night, I went to bed about 8:00pm. My partner was in the studio making music. I lay in bed with all the lights switched of when I was suddenly aware of all my surroundings. My eyes kept shifting to the plant in the bedroom and then to the corner of the room in the bedroom. My stomach was knotted and the knots seemed to be getting tighter. I could sense a presence of some sort but not 100% as I have until now been able to keep anything negative away from me. After what seemed like endless hours I managed to doze of only to be woken by what appeared to be something and note I say something not someone sitting my feet. Thinking it was smoky (my cat) I shifted my feet towards the wall to give him some room to spread. As soon as I did this the weight lifted I feel asleep only to be woken by my partner as I was crying out "leave me alone"! I remember what I dreamt and also know when he appeared again, only this time there was nothing intimate in the way he touched me he was viciously biting me. I woke with my partner giving me a hug and feeling very numb.

Tuesday again very tired I went to bed at around 9:30. Again I could feel my insides knotting up and my eyes shifted from the plant to corner of the bedroom however I fell instantly into a deep sleep. I dreamt of cats, kittens being born and beautiful white dogs. But my dreams turned into a nightmare when I saw my night time stalker again only this time he wears a white balaclava which covers his nose and mouth. As hard as I try to look at a way out away from him, I seem to be cornered in. I can feel his eyes on my, I can feel my body twitch as he lays his hand on me. The fear that is emanating from within me surreal. I am fully awake now and feeling everything thing, the pain he has just caused by chopping of the baby's head, I can feel the warm blood flowing from the neck, I can feel a sharp pain on my neck where his has laid his hand. The bedroom is lit up with what I have no idea. Maybe a passing car from outside or the living room light. As I strained to move I felt I was pulled back at which point I cried out again and again was shaken out of whatever I was going through by partner. As I lay in bed with my partner calming me down, I was trying to work out in my head why after months I was experiencing all this again. Not saying much to my partner, he tucked me back into bed and left the hallway light on.

Wednesday night still very tired I went to bed around 8:30. Still aware of the plant and the corner of the bedroom, before I got into bed, I checked my plant and the soil in case my mom had put anything in there. I know sounds horrible, but when you have been through what I have you would probably get your whole place cleansed and blessed. The plant and soil seemed to be fine. Again I went to bed with my insides tightening up. However to tired I fell into a deep sleep only to wake up the following morning with the worst headache I have had in years. I could barely keep my eyes open. I felt sick with the pain. It was like someone was constantly hammering it. I went to work with this headache, went home with and went to bed with. In-between I took 8 pills in the hope the pain would subside.

Before I went to bed Thursday night with this raging headache not shifting, I remember sitting on the sofa when I heard a shuffle near the TV. Not once but at least three times. It was one of those shuffles when someone is trying to hide. I bent down to see if maybe the cat was hiding behind the TV. Nothing there. I watched a little telly but kept peering to where I heard the shuffling. Still nothing but I was also aware of the movement in the garden. Trees, leaves I just got up in the end and went to bed.

It is Friday today. My head is still thumping a little, I have got up made a coffee and whilst walking to the living room my senses have picked up a presence. I have also cut my finger very badly opening a tin of meat from my cat. It is also the first time in a very long time I have seen faces appear on my living room wall.

I am glad it is the end of the week. I have had an eventful week and hoping after I have cleansed my place things will return back to normal or I hope they will. The last thing I want is for this man, my night time stalker to return.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

K_marie82 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-13)
Hi Surya! I enjoyed your story thanks for sharing. I can relate to part of it as I also have a very strained relationship with my mother. I was wondering, do you think that possibly being around your mother may trigger some of the things you described experiencing? Like the headaches, feeling your insides tightening up which sounds like you may have been very tense, and the night terrors? I know that being around my mother has caused me to experience some very stressful emotions as well.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
Karen123etc: You shouldn't use that kind of tone with a moderator/editor...If your story was rejected, the reason is in the e-mail sent to you notifying you... We don't reject a lot of stories, so there had to be a good reason for it not getting published... Either way, please show respect; not only to mods, but everyone... Thank you
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Ho Rook,

Hope you are well. Been a while.

The bread, be a gift, still baffles me. The fruit like you I am too unsure of as we don't eat apples!

Well as you may already this night time visitor has been in my life for as long as I can remember. His visit vary. But the last time he visited was when my mother went to India with my Dad's ashes. October this year. Since she has been back, the heaviness in the place has returned, as has the smell of my ex-father-in-law. I also see what seems to be a cat from the corner of my eye and it is not smoky. The day after she stayed my nightmare began along with a headache that lasted exactly 6 days.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
I know Bread is a Traditional gift that means... May those in your home never go hungry. The fruit I am unsure about. Though 'plants' mean... May your home always have life.

May I ask how long between 'visits' from your nighttime 'pest'? Does the time frame 'fit' with your Mothers visits? I hope your Cleansing went well and that you were able to get some much deserved / needed rest.

Respectfully,

Rook
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Moongrim for your information I don't watch anything supernatural or paranormal! If you can't leave decent comments you really should not leave comments!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
You know, it's amazing what kind of modern day pharmaceuticals...

Oh never mind.

You'll never listen anyways.

I say someone has been watching way too many episodes of Supernatural again.
kedrioblivion (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
It sounds like a pretty harsh time. I hope you can stay away from your night time stalker. All I can say is that you seem to have a man that's willing to be by you even through this. Just make sure this entity doesn't get to your son.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: