You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Family Spirits 2

Real Ghost Stories

Family Spirits 2

 

My mother died Mothers' Day 2008, just a few minutes before midnight. She had been in the hospital for weeks because of lung cancer and emphysema. My mom did not want to die anywhere around May 5th because that is my oldest sons' birthday and my father died 3 years before on May 3rd. I know this because she had a close call a year before near his birthday and she told me she didn't want to die near his birthday.

About a week and a half later I fell ill with pneumonia and had to be hospitalized. Knowing my abilities, my husband suggested I not go to the hospital my mother died in. It really didn't matter. One night I woke up not being able to breathe and pushed the call button because I couldn't find my oxygen line. The nurses didn't feel I needed oxygen all the time so they tossed it to the side. A code had been called on another floor so I guess the nurses went to that because the hospital was severely understaffed. I did not know this when I checked in. I got out of bed to look for help but couldn't find a nurse. I walked back to my room and at the doorway, I felt like I was going to pass out because I couldn't breath. I was leaned against the doorway and almost passed out but I could feel a spirit help me back to bed as I was shaky.

I really don't recall pressing the call button again but a nurse came to my room. She asked what I needed and I wheezed out that I couldn't breath. She got annoyed with me and told me I should have put my oxygen on, I told her I didn't know where it was. She found it on the floor. I realized the spirit with me was my mother because I could feel how mad she was.

I was on a special bed that was an air mattress. I woke up in severe pain in my back around 4:30 Saturday morning. I have had several vertebrae fused and I was lay on the metal frame. Nobody believed me it was broken and told me to go back to bed. I couldn't and called my husband to come get me. I left AMA that morning.

My mothers' favorite tree was Dogwood. I had my husband plant several but they had never flowered even though they where mature. When we got home I saw that the Dogwood that is right in front of where I park my van had a flower on it. I just started crying and when my husband asked why, I showed him the flower and said that my mom was with me in the hospital.

I had called my doctor to tell him I left the hospital. His nurse told me to come in as soon as possible. I told him if he wanted me in the hospital I would go to the other one, but he told me I didn't need to because my lungs were almost clear and gave me a prescription and sent me home.

That spring and summer ALL of my Dogwoods bloomed for the first time. A sign from my mother that all was good.

Other hauntings by RedWolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RedWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-21)
Triskaideka
I just read the comment you left on my story Famiy Sirits 2. I was sad that you told me that your mother lost her cat on February 4th and her very good friend on the same day a few years later. I can imagine her dismay when she went into labor on the same day at 20 years later. You are both blessed that you have something to celebrate on February 4th ❤
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-20)
It's interesting how dates seem to repeat themselves at times. When my mother was a little girl, she lost a cat. On Feb 4th, she and her uncle came across the cat's body in a ditch. A few years later, she went to school, also on Feb 4th, and learned that a good friend of hers had died. At age 20, she was pregnant with me, and I was due in late April. But she went into labor in the wee hours of the morning on Feb 4th. She cried and prayed, "Please God, not again." Telling me this story, she cried again. She said I was her blessing who broke the curse.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
RedWolf: Thank you for pics. They're beautiful! I hope you don't mind, I posted them in a facebook group that happens to have a few of YGS members. I love how they look like butterflies.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
RedWolf: Cool! YAY! You can e-mail them to me, it's on my profile. 😁
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-07)
zzsgranny,
I did take lots of pictures of my Dogwood tree this summer. But I will have to get my husband or my son to post it because I don't know how to except in e-mail.
Regards
Red
Nhghosts33 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-26)
Wow my birthday is may fith and my grandfather died 30 some odd years to the day
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-07)
granny
Sorry for taking so long to answer you. Yes I will do my best to post pictures of my dogwoods. Last year the blooms were fewer because of lack of snow. This year we got hit by Hurricane Sandy then snow a week later. More importantly we didn't get any good long cold spells last year but we did this year so the blooms should be wonderful and plentiful.
Regards
Red
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-14)
I had tears in my eyes. So for the loss of your mother. It's never easy to lose someone you love but now you have confirmation that your mother is always with you. As granny says, there are no coincidences.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
11 years ago (2013-02-12)
RedWolf: What a great story! 😊 Sorry to hear about your not so great experience in the hospital, though.

Is there any way when your dogwoods blossom this year that you could post a link to a picture of them? I'd love to see them.

Thank you posting another "pay attention to the signs" account ❤
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-12)
Hi RedWolf:

First off, just want to say that it sounds like a hospital I have been in a couple of times with the very caring nursing staff 😢 But not hating on nurses as I know there are many good ones but just as many bad. Anyway... I do believe that your mother possibly saved your life. I really don't know if it would have mattered what hospital you were in for I believe that she surrounded you regardless.

I love the ending of the blooming dogwoods. I also think that was a wonderful sign from your mother letting you know that she is okay and still watches over you.

Thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss. I can empathize.

Zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: