You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Warning And My Dryer

Real Ghost Stories

A Warning And My Dryer

 

This is a continuation of the last experience I submitted. A couple of weeks ago, I was doing laundry and happened to fall asleep. It was during this nap when I had a very vivid dream, or what I like to consider a visitation. This visitation consisted of seeing two spirits trying desperately to enter my home through the back door, which just so happens to be in the laundry room. I could see them running back and forth across the windows frantic, motioning towards the back door. So I let them in. When I do, one of them points to my dryer, looks at me and it catches fire. The other spirit runs through my home waking up my husband and four children, safely getting them out, through the front door.

Now, as I wake up I realize this had to be a warning, because I don't take visitations lightly. I also realize as I was sitting on the couch, my dryer has stopped running. I walk back to the dryer and I can hear it's on but not running, or drying. I open it up and my clothes are still damp from being washed. The dryer is warm inside, but it's not drying. I turn it off and wait for my husband to check it out later that day.

I tell my husband, and he decides to what he does best. Check the entire dryer to determine what is going on with it. He realizes the motor has gone out, and as he was checking it out also realizes our dryer is a huge fire hazard. If left running, eventually it would have caught fire, due to spider webs, eggs, and lint all stuck together underneath the dryer drum and around and near the wires.

Also, lately I've seen a couple shadows, small in stature, flit across my kitchen door which is directly across but a few feet away from my couch.

Two nights ago, my husband and I were arguing late into the night. He eventually fell asleep and I was still awake. He on the couch and I in my bedroom, which is directly off the living room. I heard light footsteps running across the living room floor back and forth between the hallway entrance and my bedroom door. Initially I thought it may be my boys trying to stay up by playing. But thought it odd, because they had fallen asleep hours earlier. I got up the second round of pitter patter, just knowing I was going to catch them as their feet landed at my door. I swing my door open ready to scare them a bit, but no one! I walk back to their bedroom, turn their light on and all three boys are still asleep. My daughter is still fast asleep in my bed.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-24)
spiritwaiting- All I can say is wow! The fact is you have two guardians looking over you and the household. For the other I am very wary of shadow people, keep a watchful eye.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
What a rescue! That's good you pay attention to these things. But those are sweet spirits, whoever they are.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
spiritwaiting - I've experienced something very similar to this, only I didn't get the visual warnings like you did. Mine were more psychic, I guess. But regardless, if I hadn't gone home when I did, I'm not sure my kids and I would have had a home 😢 So, I also learned to "listen" even when it doesn't always make sense at the time.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-23)
Thank you everyone for commenting. [at] Miracles I definitely agree. I just wasn't paying enough attention. I have learned the hard way, when I choose not to figure it out or listen something always goes wrong. [at] curiousguy,Well thank you and I'm glad you enjoy my stories. [at] Von no new dryer just yet, were saving up for a new one. And I love when those feelings and visitations happen because I usually go. Into investigation mode. [at] BadJuuJuu, yes its a wonderful place and my housemates are really coming around I love it. I always take visitations very serious, because I know there's always something behimd one. [at] poliex, Yes I really am thankful for my warnings.
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
Wow talk about close call! It's good that you took the visitation seriously
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
I'm glad you're the sort to take warnings like this seriously. The results could have been tragic otherwise. I think they were trying to draw your attention to the issue by opening the door and stopping the dryer in your previous submission, but couldn't quite get their point across. They finally succeeded in telling you what was wrong with that dream.
This house sounds like a good place to call home, and these ghosts sound like wonderful housemates.
CuriousGuy (2 stories) (47 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
The second bit had me interested just as much as the first bit. Sounds like you may have a few young spirits hanging out and running around having some fun.

Interesting read though. Atleast your spirits seem to be doing more good then bad and giving pointers to stuff going on before something serious happens.

Peace
CuriousGuy
Vonboeckmann (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
Hi I am glad everything is ok and did you get a nice new dryer? I firmly believe in warnings. I tend to dream of future happenings or get a "feeling I can not explain that something is not right. I often feel past family with me in times when I need their strength.
Get into the habbit of unplugging things when you a 're not using them mind the fluff bunnies in filters. YOUR ELECTRIC BLANKETS...
The shadows are there for a reason. Something is happening. Take care regard j.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
spiritwaiting - I think in your other story, "New Developments in New Home", the warnings had already started. You said your dryer stopped, door opened, etc. Someone was trying very hard to get your attention.

I, too, pay very close attention to things like this. Home fires scare me to death 😨 I'm glad your husband checked things out before something bad happened ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: