You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Follow You Home

Real Ghost Stories

Follow You Home

 

It's been quite a while since I've posted last, as I like to space out the events to keep my stories fairly interesting. All was quiet for a while until activity started up again in the recent months. Though, that is a story for another time.

Firstly, I'd like to direct everyone to what happened in the last remaining months of 2014. My father was moving out of his 19-year home sometime in September. It was the only home I had known my father to live in since infancy, so it was a little bitter-sweet to see him bade it farewell.

The house had always felt 'dark' to me. Just like a nesting ground or bundle of negative energy and everyone who frequented there always commented on the fact they felt like they were being watched or, better yet, observed. The house just had that kind of energy the made you not want to stay there for long periods of time.

There had been a few minor incidences that occurred here, such as footsteps, lights turning on and off and things going missing but nothing that really suggested a 'bad' presence. I presume my father had helped to harbor and fuel this negative energy over the years, as he himself unfortunately is a negative and unhappy man. Also my brother, whom tried to create and use an Ouija board in the house. (According to him it was unsuccessful, but he did not properly close the session before throwing the homemade board out.)

It was a Friday afternoon and I was busy helping to pack boxes and put them in the trailer with my two friends (we'll call them Mike and Tina for privacy reasons). It was one of the final days of shifting and everyone was tired and grumpy and wanting to hurry up and finish so we could all go home.

Mike and I were out in the garage clearing out a few boxes when I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up and I broke out in goosebumps. This is generally my tell-tale sign that we have presence with us. Mike is extremely gifted in the spiritual aspect (more so than myself), so I kept my thoughts to myself to see if he too could pick up on this energy- and that he did.

Mike then pulled me off to the side to discuss what he was 'seeing' and 'feeling'. "What's up?" I asked him. "There's something in your dad's garage, it's a dark mass and it feels really bad. It's been following me the entire day and I think it doesn't like me or the fact I'm here." Well, that certainly shocked me. I had only felt its uncomfortable presence sporadically throughout the day, prominently in the garage. I, of course, look to where he's pointing at the time and only see the woodshed out the back of my dad's garage. I tell him to tell the thing it's not welcome here and to cast it away in the name of Jesus, or to surround himself in white light if he felt threatened and carried on with packing.

Fast forward a few hours and Mike, Tina and I are being driven home for the night. Mike and Tina are staying the night at my house so we first stop off at Tina's so she can grab some clothes and toiletries. Mike keeps looking out the back window of our car the entire journey back and I can't shake the feeling of being watched- like someone's eyes are burning into the back of my head. I shrug it off to being spooked about what Mike told me. We arrive home and are all ushered inside by Mike. At this point I felt the need to run inside. It felt like something was chasing and snapping at our heels, but I still didn't tell Mike or Tina because I'm naturally quite a paranoid person and thought I had just gotten myself worked up. We get inside and go about our business of unpacking and getting ready for bed as it was late at night. We bid my mum goodnight and all sit down in my room to chat before bed. Mike at this point hasn't said much but this isn't unusual for him. It's then he drops the bombshell and the puzzle pieces start to fall in place. "Guys, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner but I think we were followed home by that black creepy mass." Oh crap. That explains the feeling of being watched and general edginess. Tina is visibly frightened as I blurt out what I had been feeling the entire night. He says he can 'feel' it at the front door trying to get in. I didn't know why it couldn't get in but I was praying to all that was holy that it stay that way.

We all huddle on my bed and each start reciting various protective prayers. (As we have different religious backgrounds and feel comfortable with different things.) I tell the thing it's not welcome here and I rebuke it in the name of Jesus Christ. Mike then tells me he can 'feel' the thing laughing. (Tina and I of course heard nothing as she is not spiritually gifted and this thing seemed completely in tune with Mike.) While I admit I was scared while saying this, I was shocked and even more frightened to learn it didn't work.

An hour passed and the thing was still here. According to Mike it also tried getting in through the roof and was getting angry at it's failed attempts. Now, he may of been lying but my dog also started to growl and bark at the roof precisely when he said this and we also heard what sounded like dull thuds on the rooftop. Never in my life had I felt more like a caged animal. At some point Mike says he feels like it is a female presence, and that she followed us because Mike could 'see' her. Eventually, Mike prays in his native tongue and calls upon his guardian angel and the presence leaves us. The creepy 'hair-on-end-at-the-back-of-your-neck' feeling disappeared and Mike told us he could no longer 'feel' the presence.

Now, could Mike have made all this up to scare us? That could be true, but I had never told Mike of the dark feeling in my dad's house nor the feeling of being watched. This was his first (and last) time visiting the place. My dog also reacted in sync to what Mike was saying as to where this presence was. I, too, got feelings of unease and being watched that matched up to Mike's account.

The thing that really makes this all fall in place was the next morning we tell my mum what happened and she looks at us with a gobsmacked expression and says, "I blessed the house yesterday. I don't know what told me to; but something did". Could this have all been a coincidence? I personally don't believe in such a thing but each to their own. Whatever the thing was, it never returned again. Mind you, I wasn't exactly keeping an eye out for it either.

My question is, why was the thing not sent away when we prayed and rebuked it? This has ALWAYS worked for me in the past. Also has anyone else had similar experiences?

Other hauntings by CDubber

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CDubber, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CDubber (9 stories) (49 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
naialexa- I'm just grateful to whatever it was that kept that thing out, certainly strengthened my beliefs in the power of prayers and blessings.

Jaderae- I'm not sure whether this thing ever found or followed Mike again. From what I know it never did, though he has had his fair run-in with other negative/evil entities. It's alright, we're all ignorant at one point or another. That was why I joined this site, to share my experiences and learn from other talented and gifted members. 😊
CDubber (9 stories) (49 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
Tweed- I had possibly thought that, but then wondered why it wasn't rebuked by me as it was my house? Does ownership of a property matter to an evil/bad entity when rebuking it or is it solely based upon the poor person it's focused on?

I think Mike was just checking to see if the 'thing' was still there following us. Poor guy, I would of been scared witless had I known a negative entity was following me and my friends. 😭

Unfortunately for Mike, this is something of a regular occurrence for him since he is so gifted. He father doesn't believe strongly in such things and therefore won't bless the house nor put up anything in the means of protection from negative entities, so it's up to Mike to protect himself.

After my mum told us she had blessed the house it all made sense. You could almost 'feel' the loving, protective barrier the house was surrounded in. Or, then again maybe I'm just thinking too far into things, haha. 😆

Thank you for reading and sharing your insight 😊
CDubber (9 stories) (49 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-26)
WiniPu4- Hello again 😊
I suppose I will never be truly sure what kept it out of the house. Whether it was my mothers blessing, our collective prayers or Mike calling upon his guardian angel. Yes, this encounter certainly re-opened my eyes to the darker side of what's out there for psychics, mediums, sensitives, etc alike. I honestly don't know what we would of done without Mike and his gift. Then again, this might not have even happened if it hadn't of been for Mike. I guess we'll never truly know (and I don't hope to find out any time soon!)
jaderae (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Thank you for sharing your experience, that certainly would have creeped me out! Did Mike ever run into that thing again? I would be afraid that since it was so focused on him that it would find him later. I don't know if energies do that? I'm pretty much ignorant on this subject.
naialexa (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Maybe the entity was once human and believed in the same religion as Mike or at least knew more about it. Your prayers helped it stay out plus that blessing your mom put on the house helped out too.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-25)
Hi CDubber,

Very glad you are all rid of this being. I was thinking that perhaps it didn't respond to your rebuking because it was Mike this presence was after, not you.
When Mike was looking back on the car ride from your Dad's I was thinking 'oh no don't encourage it'. I don't know why, but I think sometimes looking in a bad entity's direction encourages it somehow. Like a red flag to a bull. It's not Mike's fault it followed you home, though.
I guess bad entities are just as attracted to sensitive people as good ones. Which is probably why it followed you and your friends. Though it's my perception it was mainly interested in Mike. I hope this kind of thing doesn't happen to him regularly. That would really suck! The entity might also have been looking for someone else to attach to, another home, as your Dad was clearing out.

I don't think your Mum blessing the house when she did is a coincidence either. 😉

Thanks for sharing this and no you're not the only one to have been followed by something horrible. Some things are harder to get rid of than others. I'm so glad your Mum blessed the house! I could feel the protective barrier it created while reading your story. I was like 'something's keeping this thing out of their home, what the hell?'. Then it made perfect sense with your Mum's blessing the previous day!
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-24)
Hello:

I agree greatly with the others. But, I think you may be selling yourself a little short. Have you ever thought that maybe your collective prayers at least kept it from entering the house? You'll never know what might have occurred if you all had done nothing, and I pray you never find out. You're very fortunate to have a friend with skills. I regularly pray for protection for myself, my home, and all my loved ones. It took me a while to realize that sensitives are not only on the radar of the "friendlies" on the other side.

Blessings,
Lynev
CDubber (9 stories) (49 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
amayanoelle and rookdygin - Thank you both for taking the time to read my story and comment. 😊

Amayanoelle- You bring up a valid point. A part of me thought that might of been the case, but another (bigger) part of me was seriously hoping I was wrong. I've had very few experiences with negative and/or demonic entities and this was my first experience with one that wasn't banished easily.

Rookdygin- I had never thought of that before, thank you for bringing that to my attention. It would make sense that when Mike alone focused his prayers and energy on it that it was 'sent' away.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this thing was so focused on Mike? Was it purely because of Mikes gift of being able to 'sense' and 'see' it?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Amaya makes a good point... It may have also been due to different types of prayers being used at first... While the intent was the same the energies were being focused differently but when your friend performed his own... On his own later the energy was focused enough to 'chase' this entity off. Not to mention his guardian angel showing up.

It is obvious that a blessing was enough to block this entity... At least as far as this experience is presented. It is why I am resonably sure the 'mixed bag' of prayers did not focus the positive, shielding energy enough to force this entity back where it came from.

Respectfully,

Rook
amayanoelle (3 stories) (7 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-06-23)
Some demonic entities are so powerful they can not be effected by a few prayers. This is why some priest have to exercise houses multiple times. If the entity was strong enough, your prayers alone might not have been strong enough to ward it away.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: