You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bedroom Voice

Real Ghost Stories

Bedroom Voice

 

When I got married five years ago, I moved into my husband's house in Wenatchee, Washington. The house was built in 1959. One night, about a month after we got married, we went to bed around 11 pm. I laid down next to my husband and put my head on his shoulder. The nightstand light next to him was still on, and within 30 seconds of me resting on his shoulder I heard a woman sigh deeply, as loud and real as if she was right next to me, in the same location as my husband. I was so startled I sat up and asked my husband if he heard it. He said that he did, but he didn't seem bothered by it like I was and went back to trying to fall asleep.

My husband worked at a job in which a couple of nights a week he had to work all night, until 8 am. One night when he was away working, about a couple of weeks after we heard the sigh, I again went to bed around 11pm. I decided to lay on his side of the bed. I had the light on to read and had just settled in, when I heard the woman sigh in my ear again, like she was right next to me. It sounded identical to the first time I heard it. I was alone in the house and it scared me enough that I had to keep the light on all night.

When I told my husband about hearing the sighing sound again, he told me that before he bought the house, an old woman had lived there and that she was disabled and stayed in bed for years before she eventually died in that room.

I didn't hear the sigh again, and we had to move a couple of months later. I've wondered if the next occupants have had the same experience.

Other hauntings by DandK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DandK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-03)
Was browsing movies online today and ran into one called "Fantome: the haunting of Brentwood Wine Bistro." I started to watch it and the very first example they give of the haunting (right after they got into the place) was of a woman sighing! The owner's described the sighing exactly like the one that I heard in my story here!

I had to share that - it is always interesting to hear similar experiences!
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-04)
Scary, but it was an ordinary residual haunting. 😊 😊

Thanks for Sharing!
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-16)
DandK, the fact it was exactly the same each time does indicate the sigh was residual. I'm sure everyone who lived in the house after you had the same experience.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-01-16)
Mimi81, a couple of weeks after that, we moved the bed to the spare room, and slept there the rest of the time we lived there. Not because of the incident, but because we were starting moving preparations.

All the furniture in the house was ours.

I thought about residual haunting as well because it sounded exactly the same each time. There was a tone and inflection in the sigh that was memorable.

Dee-J and jane_lee, Thanks for your comments.

Dreamer01, I don't think it had to do with me. Thankfully, my husband heard it the first time I heard it. The way he described the sigh that he heard was like what I heard.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
the jury is still out on this one for me. Maybe change or specific turn of events sparked a long held memory or you just maybe picking up on something from your past, who knows, interesting story, thanks for sharing.

dreamer01 😊
jane_lee (4 stories) (32 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
I agreed with Mimi81 & Dee-J...it might be a residual haunting...
Dee-J (12 stories) (69 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
That's pretty freaky there. I am in agreeance with Mimi81. It sounds like it could be residual. Glad you moved out
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-15)
I think I would have switched bedrooms! It sounds like it might have been a residual haunting. Did the bedroom furniture come with the house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: