You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bedroom Fright

Real Ghost Stories

Bedroom Fright

 

This is my second experience at my house. It's strange because as I said in my last story I've lived here all my life and haven't experienced anything until about a year ago.

I know this seems such a typical "I was drifting off to sleep/just woke up/was really tired etc" but I still can't shake the feeling that it's something more.

My boyfriend and I live in my childhood home that I rent off from my parents-they moved out a few years ago. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling incredibly cold, I vaguely glanced up and noticed that the window was shut so I rolled over, admittedly barely conscious and my eyes not even really open, getting ready to gently pull the duvet off my man assuming he had pulled it off me when... Whoops, I accidentally elbowed him pretty hard. I expected him to wake up and grunt at me or something but he stayed quiet. "Weird" I thought and lay back down...

After a few micro-seconds I sat bolt upright, wide awake. My boyfriend wasn't here that night. He had gone to Manchester to see his mum for the weekend. The duvet that was bunched up on his side in the definite shape of a body suddenly deflated and fell right in front of my eyes... It was as if someone was lying there but disappeared into nothing.

By this point I was wide awake in terror and defiantly conscious enough to see a light flash twice at the end of my bed, move a few inches to the left, flash again, become very dim then flash again by the window.

I switched on all the lights and watched TV on the sofa downstairs with the dog for extra protection... My bloke finds all this hilarious by the way but I seriously do not, I've never been more scared in my entire life

Thanks for reading guys

Take care

Other hauntings by hazzardsyndrome

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hazzardsyndrome, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Yukari (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-18)
It is actually really scary that you mention this. A few nights ago I was sleeping in my bed, that I also rent from my Dad. My boyfriend had slept over the night before, so when I had dozed off and turned over to cuddle my boyfriend, I didn't think much of it when there was a warm body there waiting to be recieved. Then I opened my eyes and realized that my boyfriend did NOT sleep over that night and I instantly let go of the figure under my covers. Instead of dissapearing however, the figure moved close to my face. I was petrified, because it held both of my shoulders in place, not allowing me to move. Then it just dissapeared. He wasn't black in colour or anything he was more a light grayish mist. It was a very creepy experience.

If the duvet had just sunk though I would still be pretty scared, I mean where would it go from there? Into your mattress? Under your blanket by the foot of your bed? I would have way to many questions. Still. Freaky!
HorrorMovieFan (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-19)
I would probarly be really scared to 😒Even when I think somthing touches my I get really scared:/ lol
HazzardSyndrome (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
SlyGemini10,
It definatly gave me a massive fright, could you call it a manifestation because I didn't see it? I only physically felt it and saw the duvet dropping

TheBishop,
Stop it, you're scaring me... And Bert has quite a holy bite on him so id guard your bum if I were you πŸ˜‰

Wickeddaisy,
I agree (and hope) that it is some sort of spiritual connection. I love him very much and can relate to what you're saying about your mum, friends and husband

Whitebuffalo,
Iv been inspired to read up on (and even have a go at) astral projection πŸ€”
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
HazzardSyndrome, thank you for your additional description. With THAT added bit, I would have to say that Kwazimoto's comment is the closest to what I would think was going on there. But with a bit of a twist.
There have been documented accounts of persons who were extremely close (twins, newlyweds, folks that had celebrated their 60th anniversary) who PHYSICALLY visited with their loved one from hundreds of miles away. BOTH parties "felt" it, and it was not thought to be a dream, but more of a "travel".
I might check into that, if I were you.
Thank you again for responding.
thebishop (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
ani bull, your story utterly compelled me. For many a year now I have walked through walls in my dreams, as if I were the ghost of the bishop. I think yours may be one of them. I remember a disgusting dog I think may belong to you, he was foul, I wanted to kill it. One day I may have to- remember its not me, its the bishop.
Keep me updated so I know what I do at night.
Regards
The bishop.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Holy I wasn't expecting that! I thought you would see your boyfrined there. That is scary. I would either bless the place or due a smudge ceremony. I blessed my place and it worked. I don't think this spirit has meant any harm yet living with a spirit can be scary. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
SlyGemini10 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Wow that's a pretty strange one. It actually manifested itself right next to you in bed, under the sheets? I've heard of people being touched and of blankets being pulled off of them, but I think yours is the best by far. I would seriously be scared to ever sleep again if that happened to me.
Wickeddaisy (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
After reading your story and comments it's almost apparant that you have a spiritual tie to your boyfriend. There's so much we don't know of what we are capable of as living beings. The only reason why ghosts and such entities can do the things that they do because in death they (unsually) instantly are aware.
We always see examples of the connections we have with our loved ones and mosted charished, whether alive or deceased.
Whether it's sympathy pains or sympathy-cravings that my own husband had when I was pregnant; a long lost friend sends pictures to me via email on the day I miss her most; or when my mother is awaken at night from a dream of me crying, while unknowingly I'm dealing with something extreme at home (spiritually) - those are just minor examples of how great our connections are.
When we are sleeping our subconscious is not doing it's usual "job" of filtering things and making them rational. So it's going to allow us to do things that we are really able to do - like sleep next to someone we love. πŸ˜‰
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Don't let fear conquer your ability to remove the offending ethereal being. Just tell it, " you have not been invited into my home, get out, never return ". If this isn't enough, you can walk your home with incense burning in one hand, and a white candle in the other. Say the same thing as you walk around your home. You will be fine, just don't freak out. Fear gives them power to manifest. Let me know if you have more questions, Blessings, Ghostseer...
HazzardSyndrome (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Kwazimoto, your reply really made me smile. It's nice to think that perhaps we're so used to sleeping next to each other that even hundreds of miles can't stop us.
Its really cool you and your wife have such a strong connection (even if the dream was abit of a nightmare!), a similar thing happened with me and my man come to think of it. It was before we lived together, I got a drunken phone call from an ex at 3 in the morning hurling a torrent of abuse at me, I couldn't get back to sleep so I stayed up. At 8am (much earlier than usual!) I get a call from my boyfriend with him asking if I was alright because he had a bad dream last night where I got really upset so he woke up early and just felt he needed to call me before I went to work to check I was ok... I shrugged it off as a coincidence before but not I'm not so sure!
Thanks for the reply
:)
HazzardSyndrome (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Whitebuffalo, I wouldn't know where to start in trying to send someone on. I'm not very familiar with the paranormal personally, I'm not even sure if this is a proper haunting or just a visitation. As for how it felt, well, the only way I can put it is it felt just like my boyfriend. He's broad backed and muscular and because of a lung problem always sleeps on his right side with his back to me, it felt as if my elbow hit him hard between his shoulders, my forearm slightly touched his lower back. That's why the contact felt so familiar and didn't alarm me at first... The only thing I can think that was odd was the fact that I was freezing cold... Then again, it could be because I'm just used to his body heat or something... Or not... Its tough to stay rational when it scared me so much x_X
Thanks for your reply:)
Kwazimoto (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Quite a few years ago my girlfriend (at the time) and I gave each other a small stuffed toy. Although we were both in our late teens (almost 20 in fact) we slept with the toys as a way of being close to each other when we were apart.

Late one night I woke up (or maybe I was still sleeping) and when I saw my girlfriend lying beside me I reached out to snuggle with her and my arm closed around... The stuffed toy she'd given me.

When I saw my girlfriend the next day I told her about my dream, and she said she'd had similar dreams before, where she'd reached out for me, only to find the stuffed toy I'd given her.

I'm married now (not to the same girl;) and a while ago my wife and I had a strange experience.

One night my wife dreamed that she'd been kidnapped by someone, and they had drugged her to stop her from getting away.

On the exact same night I dreamed that my wife had been kidnapped. In my dream I broke into the kidnapper's house to rescue her, only to find she'd been drugged.

I think it's possible that even though your man was spending the weekend with his Mum, he was still spending his nights with you.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Hmm. I would say that is very interesting. It really sounds like you have the starts of a very uncommon relationship going on there.
You elbowed him HARD. Did you feel flesh? Or a cold, uh, nothingness?
I would say, just in the description that you have here, that you may have startled your visitor just as much as your visitor startled you.
Nothing really harmful is going on. But I can see it is jangling your nerves. Has it done anything besides stepping through walls and laying aside of you, frightening the dog?
Have YOU tried anything yet to send it on?
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: