You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Rings

Real Ghost Stories

The Rings

 

This isn't too exciting but it means a lot to me,

It starts with the death of my Grandma in November; it was a long and hard struggle with cancer that really shook my family to the core. My sister and me being especially close to her, even though there is 3 years between us, she treated us like twins and always bought us matching clothes things. When she died I was left with the usual feelings, guilt, grief, anger, denial and unfortunately harshness toward my sister for not being there half as much as I was, I saw a women I loved greatly deteriorate and my sister only saw her a handful of times if not at all towards her last days. She won't talk to me about it so I don't know why.

A couple of weeks later I noticed a ring lying on the floor of my hallway, I didn't recognise it and being the only girl in the house I couldn't figure out where it came from so I left it on top of the dishwasher. My boyfriend asked if it was mine but we just couldn't figure out where it came from.

A few times it seemed to follow me around. It never seemed to stay where I left it. I'd notice it by the kettle in the morning or even once on the floor beside my bed. I promise neither my boyfriend nor me were moving it so I gave in and finally put it on my finger. It felt warm and fit perfectly on my right index finger.

The evening after I put it on I went to meet people in the pub for my friend's birthday where my sister was. She showed me a ring on her hand "is this yours? I found it the other day and thought you might have left it after you stayed" I didn't, it wasn't mine. I showed her mine. Hers had a small ruby red stone and mine had an emerald green one, our birthstones, and were nearly identical. She said the same about hers that it seemed to follow her around and it fit her perfectly.

I don't know if it counts as paranormal because I haven't seen or felt anything from my Grandma, but, for some reason, me and my sister finding these feel more than a coincidence and has made me realise that she loved us both exactly the same and I need to accept what's happened and shouldn't let it change anything.

Other hauntings by hazzardsyndrome

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hazzardsyndrome, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-14)
thanks for the comments guys,

I pretty much agree with all of you... Not sure about the artifacts of evil, let's hope not 😜

Thanks again:)
Cholulteca (148 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
Hello Hazardsindrome,
I would agree with raingrl01, people show their grief in different ways, some can cope some have to retrieve themselves,...dont be so hard on your sis, specially if it's only the two of you... As per you Gran, I believe that the rings are a token from her 😁
Mattrius (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-13)
Hmm. Not to take the negative view, but these rings could just as easily be artifacts of evil! How can you be sure that some demon isn't just taking advantage of you?

...On the plus side, cool! Free rings! 😁

-God Bless, Mattrius
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
That is amazing. Great story. As for your sister not being there... I bet she just couldn't handle seeing your grandma that way. My grandma wasted away from cancer for about 5 years and it was hard. She still visits from time to time and I love when she does. Try to forgive your sister and move on. It sounds like that is the way your grandma would have wanted it. Good luck with everything! ❤
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-03-12)
Whatever is going on, consider yourself lucky to find a token of ones you loved.

Plus, if its a nice ring and fits... Wear it

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: