You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Don't Forget Alfie

Real Ghost Stories

Don't Forget Alfie

 

For once I have a quick one and funnily enough this is one I actually don't want to try and rationalize. I want it to be what I think it is.

It was around 7 o'clock this evening (16.02.09). Due to a long day we decided to quickly walk the dog then head straight upstairs to watch a movie and just veg out.

We came in at the same time and as soon as we were in the room we heard a very clear cat's "meow". We did the usual "did you hear that?" confirming that it wasn't just one of ours imagination.

All evening we kept hearing shuffling noises around various corners of the room, ignoring it we settled down to watch my favorite movie when we both heard a weird noise from the other side of the room, like a weight had landed on the floor making it creek. "Ventrilo-farting now are we hun?" and an ensuing "that wasn't me" banter started. We agreed it was weird but ignored it until another noise made us go quiet, a distinct purring sound from the end of my bed and a gentle tugging from the end of the duvet near my feet. This lasted about 30 seconds. We were both more curious then anything at this point so we checked everywhere to make sure that next-door's cat wasn't hiding in my room.

Until a thought struck me and cast my mind back to a cardboard box I had found months ago while searching for Christmas decorations in the loft, and, for nostalgic reasons, had decided to keep downstairs to show my sister. It was full of photos and childhood relics and in particular a sketch I had done memorializing my old cat with the words R.I.P Alfalfasprout (Alfie), I love you, 17th of February 1999.

I was 9 years old at the time he passed. Psychosomatic? Coincidence that its so close? Or was it my beloved Alfie reminding me of the 10th anniversary of his death? (even though he is a tad early)

I admit over the years there have been sparse occasions where I've thought I've caught a glimpse of his black shape briefly sprawled out on the sofa or walking past a door or even sworn I've felt him gently rub against my leg

Well I sure won't be forgetting that date in the future.

Other hauntings by hazzardsyndrome

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hazzardsyndrome, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fenrispro (58 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-03-08)
❤ you are lucky, when I was a kid I had a lab who died too early. How I wish she had visited me to say goodbye... I hope she is reincarnated and not in pain
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
I've heard numerous stories about pets coming back somehow to be around their masters and think this is one of the best. Ten years gone and Alfie shows up again to see how things are going. Thanks for the read!
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
welcome to ygs.com Barbhd!
Hope to read your story here soon, you can submit it using the links at the top right hand corner of the page 😁
Barbhd (6 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
What a wonderful and witty story! Yes, I do believe that animals who have crossed over come to see us. I have a good story about that, once I figure out how to post it. (new here 😁)
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
thanks Logan,
Just a quick note, I seem to have missed out that "we" in this story means me and my boyfriend
Just so you know I don't have an imaginary friend or something:P
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Really nice story...:)
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Regards
Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: