You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Gaze Burning Through Me

Real Ghost Stories

Gaze Burning Through Me

 

Now, as usual, I will treat even my own story with a level of skepticism. This literally just happened to me last night and I'm a little on edge so I thought id share it before I forget the details or completely brush it off as something else.

At about 12. 30am I turned my computer of (it's in my bedroom) and busied myself clearing away sketches for work tomorrow, my mind was busy with mundane, everyday things and the room was well lit so the paranormal was far from my mind. My boyfriend had gone to a birthday party so I was alone for a few more hours with just the dog for company. Out of nowhere, a shudder erupted down my spine and an overwhelming sense of fear completely took over me. I was gripped with the unmistakable feeling of being watched. As usual I shrugged it off and went downstairs for a glass of water.

I was surprised to see the dog curled under the table in the kitchen; normally he greets me then follows me to my room but tonight he just wouldn't move. What surprised me even more was the living room door was open about 3 inches. He's not allowed in there by himself and I certainly never leave it open even a little bit, neither does my boyfriend (this is where my first sighting happened, near that door going into that room) so I reached toward the handle. It was pitch black and the feeling of eyes on me was unmistakable, I swear I could feel a gaze burning at me through the dark. A heavy draft, not like a trickle of air, more like a concentrated blow hit my hand and the door slammed right in front of me, like something didn't want me to enter. The dog barked like crazy and raced past me upstairs. It was unusual because he's normally quiet and won't come up unless invited.

Of course, I didn't stick around and bolted upstairs and cowered with the dog under my duvet. My hand started throbbing and now there is an inch long cut, not like a scratch or graze, but a fairly jagged cut near my thumb joint on my palm. I'm 100% positive that nothing physically touched my hand.

Two hours later my boyfriend returned home in high spirits and was surprised to see me still awake, I didn't tell him what happened because by then I has convinced myself he'd accidentally opened it and a draft just shut it but after we had cuddled for awhile and he was drifting off to sleep he mumbled to me "you left the lights on in the living room by the way. Oh and don't burn incense down there anymore, you know I hate it" My stomach plunged. I don't own any incense, I hadn't even been in there all night and it was pitch black when I left it.

I have two other stories relating to this and my house history is on one of them and in my profile, sorry for the length of it, any bad grammar or poor writing and if it seems fairly mundane but it sure as heck scared me!

Also, I checked for a draft (it being so darn cold outside) but there is nothing. The room is usually quite warm and the windows are fairly new.

Other hauntings by hazzardsyndrome

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hazzardsyndrome, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ColoradoGirl (10 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-08)
Very interesting story. Especially the wind on your hand. Please do keep posting and I will put up with your bad grammar just to read it!
Haha!
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
hello,

I got your comment on my story and I just wanted to let you know that my moms aunt just recently passed away about 3 days ago. So far there has been no activity, but I wouldn't be surprise if she begins to make her presense known because she was very close to us especially since she was very sick, but her death was not expected to be so soon.

This story really creeped me out! I would have left the house and waited somewhere else until my boyfriend came home. You're very brave for staying in there alone!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
we had loads, 15cm, built a very sad looking snowman as well. It is snowing now as I am typing 😁
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
surya,
The snow has been very unfair down here, there was such a panic about it and in the end we got a tiny amount that lasted a day. It just stayed wet so no more snow settled: (
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
Well guess what I am in London, it snowed this morning and then started to rain boo hoo I was so looking forward to making another snowman! 😉
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
Logan,
Im in the south east of england, in norfolk. Very cold and snowy at the moment 😜
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
DeviousAngel,
I did think that too, but it being the middle of winter I'm positive that all windows and doors were shut and locked. I did have a brainwave the other day and are a little more dubious about the incense thing because he does smoke an awful lot of weed (personally I'm not a fan) though I'm fairly sure he wasn't under the influence when he got home because he was driving and is too skint to buy any at the moment... Ah, I dunno.

The main thing that made me think of the paranormal was definatly my dog, its usually when he starts acting up or behaving oddly that these things start happening, it was the same in my other story

Thanks for you comment 😁
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
Your welcome, let me know how you get on I would be interested to know. Let me know what incense you do end up burning if any. 😉
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
Surya,
Thanks for you comment, I didn't know that. I'll investigate that further. Thanks 😁
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
Hey hazzardsyndrome,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Which part of UK do you stay in? I am just curious...:)

Regards & Prayers,
Logan
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
Incense has always smelled old, musty & moldy to me. That's been since I first smelled it,...eons ago. Maybe the things we were raised around is what we seek. Give me a good old pine bough any day! 😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
Thanks for sharing this story! Hm... Some people really do just hate the smell of incense. My dad does too and he's a happy, healthy person. The only thing I can say is that maybe a smell blew in from outside. I think this COULD be paranormal because of the way your dog acted and that "gut instinct" you had about something watching you. I'm not sure, to be honest. As for the cut...it's hard to say, because I've often hurt myself without realizing it. The hand is a very sensitive location though, and there are literally thousands of pain receptors...it's hard to imagine NOT knowing. I agree that it might be time to discuss this with your man.

Blessings,
DA
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
I did notice you said you don't burn incense and that your boyfriend asked you not to burn it. Incense, People who are surrounded by some sort of negativity cannot stand the smell of incense. I would tell you to go get some and burn it. Ask your boyfriend to describe the smell, it would be interesting to hear his description of the smell. Burning Incense will also help in ridding any negative energies in your home.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
Thank you for responding Hazzard. To post any picture relevant to your experience you need to submit it as you submit your story but writing a note that you need the particular picture added to the specific story.

Yes, get him to tell you. Hypnotize him if necessary 😆. We'll be waiting...
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
thanks for your comments guys,

Iv taken a pic of the cut with my phone if anyone knows how to upload it? If not I'l put up a link to photobucket or something if I can figure out how to get it onto my pc. Its weird because its still really fresh and red looking and its been more than a couple of days now but iv definatly got some proof of it now:P

Rhodes, what you said about the "burning AGAIN" thing. Thats what confused me too, I haven't even owned any since our first date where (funnily enough) he mentioned that he hated it (he's a virgo, very adverse to strong scents apparently)

My main theories about my house is that my boyfreind being here has disturbed things. He has a couple of stories which il post when I drag them out of him and his mum is very sensitive to spirits. I think its maybe him that's "giving off energy" as it were.

Also, it occured to me like a smack in the face that over at the manor house (description on my profile) they have recently finished constructing some garages and tearing up the old beer garden patio. Its very close to my house so that could be it as well

Thanks again Rhodes and Whatkilledthecat
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
That was a very interesting story Hazzard! I'm pleased you posted it before logic kicked in-what would be the fun in that? 😊

"Don't burn incense down there ANY MORE..." isn't it high time you had a more in depth discussion with your boyfriend? If he doesn't know everything about your encounters, even the little things, he might just discard a few things thinking they were your "doing".

How many times has he seen the lights on in there and thought it was you who forgot to switch them off or smell something that shouldn't be there assuming it was something YOU did without informing him.

Your dog's reaction seems to indicate that he senses the "presence" or any kind of change in the house. WATCH him closely as he might "warn" you of things to come.

Keep posting anything new. I'm very interested!
whatkilledthecat (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
There's nothing wrong with your relatively objective writing. It's informative! Your experience is more than enough to make some people high tail out of town. At any point, have you smelled rich unidentifiable odors in there, or was it just your boyfriend this once. I heard that a smell is one of the most complex and potent manifestations. I've also heard that its an indication of the spirits cadaver being nearby. Possibly buried under traumatic circumstance on the property, or being disturbed by the home being built on it or its new residents. That's all coming from word of mouth experiences. You should take a shot of that cut and upload it. You said it didn't hurt when it happened? It would be interesting to see.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: