You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Phantom Phonecall

Real Ghost Stories

Phantom Phonecall

 

This happened to me back in January 2015.

I stayed over at my best friends house the night before and I needed a lift to my parents house, as I was supposed to be having dinner there. I decided I would text my mum and ask if she could pick me up. She agreed and would ring me when she was outside.

I got changed and went down to my friend who was in the kitchen. We chatted for a few minutes and I decided I should grab my things as I knew my mum would soon be picking me up. I was just after finishing tiding up the room when my phone began to ring. It was my mum so I answered it but there was no one on the other end. I said "hello" and that's when a voice started speaking but it was very static. It seemed like it was bad reception. I couldn't make out what she was saying. So I just told her I'd be out in a minute and hung up. I said goodbye to my friend and went outside to my mum.

When I got in the car I started telling her that I couldn't understand a word she was saying on the phone. She was just looking at me like I had two heads. She explained to me that she tried to ring me but the phone call got cut off. She told me that she wasn't speaking to me on the phone. I thought she was messing with me at first but then I could tell she was being serious. She told me to check her call logs on her phone, just to prove that she wasn't talking to me and sure enough the call never went through. I couldn't believe it I was in total shock.

So if I wasn't talking to my mum who was I talking to?

Other hauntings by DarkAngelx91

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DarkAngelx91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarkAngelx91 (11 stories) (21 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
Rex-T - Yeah we both were stationary when it happened. It hasn't happened since but I usually text rather than ring. The caller ID said it was my mom that called and it checked out but the call on her phone didn't go through because it went dead. When I answered it was just silent and then it was like static, then a woman started to speak. And we both had perfect signal strength as it always has a really good signal. It was just really strange experience.
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-16)
DarkAngelx91, I'm sure that there are many people out there (including me) that would be nodding their heads and recalling similar experiences when using their mobile phones.

I said similar but not the same.

My weird experiences would always be when I'm driving and talking to my fishing buddy on where to launch the boat. I would be talking and eventually realize I was talking to myself. When we'd meet at the boat ramp an argument would start up about the rudeness of hanging up on someone mid-sentence. We finally figured out that the problem was driving through 'black spots' (low signal areas).

Your problem appears to be different as (I'm assuming) that your mother and you were both stationary.

If this is the case, a few questions that might help you towards finding an answer either in this world or somewhere else. Has this incident happened since? Did you have any luck checking the caller ID from your phone? Do you usually have good signal strength in this area?

When I was working in the telecommunications industry, I'm sure somebody famous told me that success was not only defined by finding the answer but how much fun you had along the way.

All the best and thanks for sharing your experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: