You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Judy And Signs

Real Ghost Stories

Judy And Signs

 

My grandma told me this when I was younger and she still from time to time tells me this story. I asked for her permission to submit this so here it goes. This happened to my grandma sometime in the 80's.

My grandma she said that she was lying in bed sleeping one night when she suddenly woke up, to her surprise her niece was standing beside the bed and just looking at her. My grandma was confused and shocked that she was there, for one because it was so late at night and also because Judy was wearing a nice pink dress with her makeup and hair done. My grandma said she tried to talk and ask why she was standing there but when she spoke it was like she lost her voice, she than tried to sit up but it was like something was holding her down. She was freaked out by this and then she attempted to reach for my grandpa who was asleep beside her, but again it was like she was frozen. She even tried to call for my grandpa but the only thing that would move was her mouth but no sound. She laid there and Judy, her niece, was still standing there but then suddenly she disappeared before her eyes. My grandma said that she just laid there baffled by what happened but then tried to get back to sleep, shrugging it off as a bad dream or something.

A few hours later my grandparents were woken by a knock at their front door. One of them answered it and my uncle was there (my uncle was a cop in the town where they lived at the time). He came to tell them that Judy, my grandma's niece, was found dead in her house. My grandma of course was in shock and mentioned how that it was impossible because she saw her only hours before, she even told them what happened. My uncle pretty much told her that Judy was indeed dead and that he even saw her body. My grandma instantly knew that Judy probably came to visit her when she just died, to tell her before she even knew (my family and the culture I grew up around strongly believes that people get a sign or visit by something before someone/something dies)

A few days later my grandma went to the wake and she always said that when she went to the coffin it was like she had to try not to faint because Judy was wearing the same pink dress she was in when she visited her that night.

I've heard a lot about people getting signs by something before bad news.

Once my uncle who lives in Kansas said that there was an owl that he saw for a good week straight sitting on the same road sign. My uncle lived in Kansas for about 5 years at that point and he said never once did he see an owl where he lived until then. Than on the last day he saw it a family member died (the family member had been in the hospital for about a week and happened to die the same day my uncle saw the owl)

There was also a family member who was visited by a bird for a few days, the bird would constantly tap on their windows and the family member did say that it would frustrate her when the bird would do this. Than one day it just stopped doing it and someone in the family died.

Other hauntings by themiss

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, themiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
During sleep paralysis it is like your soul leaves your body for a while, akin to astral travel... So when the soul half gets out (stands up out) of the body, it can see beyond the veil.

As for owls and other birds, because of their feathers they are seen as messengers from the spirit world.
brenttan (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
I find the owl part very interesting. Thanks for sharing. But the main story is yes, I believe it is true. This sort of thing happens to a lot of people all over the world. Thanks again. God bless.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-10)
In many cultures there is reference to birds and the carriers of spirits. People feed the birds on death anniversaries and believe that the spirit of their family members visit them as birds (especially crows / eagles.
themiss (16 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
thanks for the comments.
I'm aware, actually well aware that owls are a sign of bad luck for most people. I'm not entirely sure if I really believe myself that owls are a sign of bad luck because I've seen a lot of owls in strange situations but nothing really happened but I respect others feelings about them (pretty much a lot of people I know believe they are bad luck). I'm Native American (although at first glance I probably don't look it) and I grew up on a Indian reservation and I've always heard a lot about beliefs and other strange things.
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Thank you for sharing your story. I find tales like this so mysterious, In my culture also (Hispanic) a lot of the older people have this same supersticions, when I was little still living in the village where I was born, everytime there was some sort of weird cry in the night my grandmother used to say it was a female fox announcing someones death, most of the time it was accurate. And about the owls, people were afraid of them for a number of reasons, they believed that either They were bringers of bad omens or at their worst the personifications of witches or evil spirits.
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
I believe your story. In China, everybody knows that as long as an owl comes, there is a death. Some people think it is a sign of death and bad luck. Especially there is a loved one who is old and sick at home. People are very scared of an owl making the terrible noises in the neighborhood, since they don't know who will be the next one to die and they know someone will definately die. Some scientists say the owl may have the special sense that can sense the dying signal a person gives from his or her body. Who knows?
guyanesepwincessxoxo (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-09)
Hello themiss,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss. I guess it must have been very scary and confusing for your grand-mother at the time, and it was VERY scary to see her niece wearing the same pink dress in her coffin as she saw her that night before/after she died. If it is possible, How did your grandmother's niece die? It is said that birds are a way of telling you things, some say they are sent from heaven.

Thank you for posting this story,
Vedana xxx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: