You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Strange Experience While Sick

Real Ghost Stories

A Strange Experience While Sick

 

About two and a half years ago, I returned from a trip and had gotten very sick. I fainted twice, had a high fever, my family took me to a hospital and they ran tests that proved inconclusive. Nights were the worst for me and it became difficult for me to breathe. My mother decided to put me in my step sister's room, which is right next to hers. I think that my step sister is sensitive, kind of like my step dad but I don't think she has had many experiences like he does. She also doesn't discuss things like my father does, she isn't a very open person like he is and is hardly willing to discuss paranormal. But I know her, she's my sister, I know that she won't talk about things that frighten her, even with me.

Anyway, she was always uncomfortable in that room and would often ask me to sleep there with her when she first started sleeping there. As I was trying to sleep in this room, I felt something push on my chest, and then I couldn't breathe. It wasn't like my sickness, whatever it was, I couldn't move or scream and within a few minutes (it felt like hours) whatever it was let up and I could breathe again. I know this wasn't because I was ill, it was different than that, because even though I was sick, I wasn't on much medication and I hadn't ever been unable to move or speak.

Even afterwards I got up and told my mother, who disregarded it as my being sick, I know that wasn't it. It didn't feel the same, and by this time in my illness I was getting better. This experience has never left my mind and I have not slept in that room to this day, and I don't like going in there at night. It might not necessarily be paranormal, but it was easy to rule out dreaming or medication. It still frightens me to think about. I've even had experiences in my own bedroom and I'd still rather sleep there than in my sister's room.

Other hauntings by shamby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shamby, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
[at] geetha I appreciate all your comments! Nothing has happened in my house for awhile, besides nightmares. My current boyfriend, he's mentioned in a few of my new stories that I don't think are posted yet, thought he saw something once. But after we've remodeled the house and everyone switched bedrooms, nothing has happened. Its been... Relieving to say the least! I look forward to your comments on my newer stories!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
I got a question for you. After what you experienced in your step sister's room, did you tell your step sister what happened? I was asking because if she found out that something happened to you, she might be willing to open up. You mentioned that your step father was a sensitive, were you able to talk to him about it?

Also, my theory on why you experienced what you did was because your body and mind were in a weakened state and it is easier for the paranormal to be attracted to you when you are in that state.
daggerxuchiha (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-01)
Bit late, did you ever think of sleep paralysis? Not being able to move or breath (generally through the mouth), seems to be it but hey, your experience.
itakat (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
this has happened to me many times, it usually happens to me in my room around midnight to 3:30ish...it depends on the day. One time while a friend was over it happened really badly to me, my friend only said she noticed a tempature change... And was still sleeping
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-13)
This actually happened to me again. Not exactly the same. But I was having a dream about a friend that died in August and he was telling me that they made a mistake and he wasn't dead. He kept getting more and more upset and telling me he wasn't dead. I was trying to wake myself up but he (or something else) kept pulling me back, I couldn't move and I couldn't breathe. Eventually I woke myself up and my heart was pounding, it was more scary that the first time. This didn't happen at home though, it happened while I was at school (i'm a college student.)
lostsoul (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
i had the same thing happen to me and it also felt like something was pushing my head down cuzz I couldn't move my head scary! 😁
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
its never happened again after that one time. I was the very last person to sleep in that room and my step sister, who used to sleep there had experiences, but I think she is sensitive because she actually saw something. I will definitely be posting that story later. No one sleeps in that room now but I get creeped out just walking by it.
cloudlion (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
There have been many experiences such as yours. Your state has many spirits and hauntings, as I have researced. If this ever happens again, don't panic. That is THE worst thing you can do. Say aloud (in your mind also works) "Go! Leave me alone!". Nine times out of ten it works. But some ghosts or spirits are too powerful for word. Keep that in mind. And I wish you the best of luck, becease once a spirit attacks, it will strike again. If you have another problem my email is cloudlion [at] cableone.net
Demonkiller (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-23)
Well to be honest with you I have the same thing happen to me so I sleep with a bible next to me. So I know what you are going through. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: