You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Here When I'm Needed 2

Real Ghost Stories

Here When I'm Needed 2

 

It's been awhile since my first story about my late ex bf. I said there's more to him and here it is. So as you know, he passed away in July, 2008. We had been together 3.5 years.

For our 2nd anniversary, he took me to the CN Tower and we had dinner in the revolving restaurant. It was wonderful. He (let's call him Derek) surprised me with a very beautiful pair of diamond earrings. There were 7 diamonds on each strand, and I only wore them once. This is important as it definitely relates to the rest of the story.

While he was alive and for a year after his passing, I lived with his mom and 3 siblings, our room was in the basement next to his younger brother's (we'll call him Bob). After he passed away in July, I took a trip to Vietnam in the following January. When I returned, his brother told me that one night as he was relaxing in his room, he heard coming from our room which sounded like someone looking through my closet. My closet is positioned right against the wall that divides our and Bob's room. I asked him did he check it out, or just turn up the tv and hide? He said he hid:D The door would have been locked anyway.

Months after, I went to look for my earrings and could only find one! Not only did this make no sense to me, it seemed impossible because I only wore it once when Derek was alive, and then stashed them away. I searched everywhere, including my room at my dad's (just in case I took them there for whatever reason). So I never found them to this day.

Awhile after I went to see a psychic because I was having trouble letting go and just wanted to hear something, anything. She asked me if I was missing a piece of jewelry and I said yes. Then she smiled and he "he has it".

I don't know what that means, but today I own my own jewelry shop and I made the remaining earring into a diamond band so I wear it on my right hand marriage finger, and my husband doesn't mind.

Is that reasonable? Would/could he take it? Either way, I love my ring as he will always live through it... Until next time!

Other hauntings by notjustme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, notjustme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

luckydenvermint (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-07-25)
First of all, I love the heart you put into your writing. I have written about my experiences. But I come from more of a vague place because part of me feels like I will be judged. You don't hold back and I think it's beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss, but I feel that from people we learn so much in the little amount of time we may have from them and you clearly cherish every moment. Stay strong, and be patient. Maybe one day he will tell you where you lost the earring. Xo
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
Dear Zeta + SDS

Thank you for the reply. I'm not really sure why I went to see the psychic to tell you the truth, I think mainly I just wanted to hear anything about him. I don't really believe he would have or could have taken them either, because he gave them to me! Ha ha. I probably did just lose them. You know when people are down they will trick their own minds into believing whatever it takes to make themselves feel better. 😕
But anywho... Thank you for the comments
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
Hello notjustme, sorry for your loss, at the outset. Coming to the narrative, you said that you met a psychic. I want to know why, you did not elaborate except that you wanted to know what happened. And when she said "He has it", why you did not elaborate and ask for more answers. Probably that would have given us some clue. Without that, it is not possible to comment on it further.

Well, Late Mr. Derek must be a wonderful and lovable man and that is why you still wear the diamond band in your hand.

I want to ask you a question, you said about Bob saying that one night he felt that someone was looking through your closet. Was it the only experience he had or did others have any such experiences? I do not think it has got anything to do with the missing jewelery.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-14)
A couple different thoughts went through my mind as I read this story. First off; sorry for your loss. He must have passed at a young age. I also think it is wonderful that your husband doesn't mind the token from your first love. He must be a great guy, some may be a bit jealous even if he is passed.

The other thing that came to me was that I don't think your first love came into the house to take the other earring. Rather, I believe it may have been misplaced or fallen or something like that. Your first love may know where it is located. That could be what the psychic was reading.

Zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: