You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: New Office

Real Ghost Stories

New Office

 

No matter where I go, what I do, strange (maybe paranormal) things happen. I have posted a couple of other stories, those are of past accounts of some of the major occurrences I have experienced and I feel that this site is a perfect format to share these happenings.

My office has just over than doubled itself. It took over 2 years and a lot of renovation, remodeling and construction. Now we are all trying to settle in and get comfortable. By doubling its size, new ground was broke of course. The existing structure added one to forming a whole. To my knowledge, the land added on to at one time had homes on it. These homes have long since been taken down.

I have office in the older section of the building now, actually not far from where my previous office was, however, now instead of sharing an office, I have a private one (yep, a small promotion along with it, thank goodness). Over the last couple weeks settling into my new office has been very exciting, interesting and frustrating. The business does not stop day to day to let you settle in, the main reason I am here on a Saturday.

Over the last couple of days, very strange occurrences have been taking place in this portion of my building. Yesterday, I left a soda on my desk and went to a meeting, when I returned (no one in this wing of the building at the time and my office was locked) the lid was replaced on the soda and it had moved to another file cabinet across the room.

This morning, I sat at my computer to catch up on correspondence; I felt two taps on my shoulder. I have my back to the wall, the door is closed and I am the only one in here! This has happened 7 times in the last 2 weeks! Generally a few minutes after the taps on my shoulder, I hear whispering, 2 to 3 different voices, at least one male. Almost as if in conversation.

Now as I look up across my office. It is rather large, 2 of the ceiling tiles are moved! They were not that way when I came in this morning!

I am not sure what to do. I have never dealt with these things actually in my office and I am not sure how to respond or react. I am certain the people I work with would probably want to see me committed if I brought this up, and I can not reach the ceiling tiles to put them back into place.

Other hauntings by KimSouthO

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimSouthO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sandy2008 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hi Kim, I would have lost my mind completely if it was me in that situation. You handle it really well! I'm glad that (The male voice) weren't able to go home with you, it's one thing to have it at the office a nother to have it at home disturbing a good night sleep. Please keep us posted on new events. 😁
Shenny (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
Hey there KimSouthO,
Don't worry too much.
They're harmless spirits (as far as I know, after reading the happenings)
They're just making sure that you know they're present in the room.
Saying a prayer before you start working might help, well that's what we do before we check out hauntedplaces.

Well take care and much love,
Shenny.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
Again, thank you to those who have commented.

Shane, thank you. You are an inspiration From my first posting on here, after reading yours and others comments, I knew I would not be ridiculed.

I would never and will never presume to affect others beliefs. Not one human being knows all of right and what is wrong.
thanks again!

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
Kim, I just wanted to take a moment and say, Thank you! It is quite refreshing to meet a person who has as strong a belief in their faith as you do, yet are open to new ideas for handling age old problems. One who doesn't feel the need to cram their beliefs down the throats of others. I find your advice to our fellow readers very level headed and respectful. So once again, Thank you! ❤

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-22)
Dear KimSouthO,

You are quite old hat with these paranormal and ghostly experiences. It also looks like you have been offered many helpful comments and solutions you can try, as well as your own personal ones you also suggest to others. I am certain you will find the best solution that works for you. There is really not much more that I can add then what I have stated in many older posts to others on this site.--Abby
bogienova (10 stories) (38 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
Maybe the little darlings just want to play with you? 😊 From your story the activity seems more playful that threatening. Keep us updated.
Julie
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
Glad to have been of a little assistance to you Kim. Keep us posted on the happenings in your office. Hope the crystals help repell any unwanted and not needed negative energies within your office.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Justin (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
That would be tuff to react to in an office setting. You never know how others will react to your views. Have you teired talking to it while you are alone? Maybe it's just playful, and it just wants you to know that they are there. Just a thought. Blessings to you. 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
The ceiling in my office is a drop ceiling. Between the ceiling and the roof are piping and insulation. The actual tiles are about 3 feet long and 2 feet wide. When a tile is moved, you see only insulation.
bossymiss (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
what do you mean by tiles moved because they could be the same couler or diffrent tell me now ❤ 😊 😉
ghosthost (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
Very interesting happenings! Doesn't sound harmful though. Maybe they just want to make contact. Keep us posted! 😨
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
Thank you to those who have commented.

Sadly, no I do not have a window in my office. I will, however use a crystal. I can have it in the sun to charge a few hours a day by moving it discreetly to the lobby.

I do have a cross in here and a Bible. As a matter of fact, I have 2 crosses in here.

No one else has a key to my office. I work in a very sensitive patient and employee related area. The only person with access is security, they are not permitted to enter this area unless it is a dire emergency. I have checked the survelliance cameras to see who entered my office at the times of these occurances. The recordings are time and date stamped. No one in the hall, no one near my door.

The tapping has let up a bit, but I have not been alone in this wing all week. The other offices here are becoming occupied by other management.

after leaving for a meeting, lunch or to check on staff, I unlock the door to my office and it is as if there are 10-15 people whispering in conversation. I turn on the light and walk in, it all stops.

Day before yesterday I was walking down the hallway from my office, having securely closed and locked the door (I could be terminated for not doing this). I was heading towards the opposite end of the hall and I heard, VERY distincyly, a female shout "Hey, Kim". I turned around and said "Hey, What", no one was there. I went back down the hallway, no one was in any of the office or the hallway.

Not sure what is going on, I will keep you posted.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
Hi Kim. That had to be a very strange feeling for you. Are you sure that no one can enter your offices? Buty if there is something in your offices I would try holy water or something like that. Maybe a cross would help. I am not sure what you should do but maybe praying would help.(To bad that the ghost doesn't do your work) 😁.It would be much more fun going to work. I hope to see you soon and take care.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-21)
Do you have a window in your office that faces the sun? You could hang a smoked or clear quartz crystal or both from your office window this can help with the unwanted presences within your office and maybe stop the tapping on your shoulders. Thanks Kim for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: