You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Gray Woman Is Still Here!

Real Ghost Stories

The Gray Woman Is Still Here!

 

My mother and I returned home on New Years night. My sister arrived just as we did, being dropped off by her friends parents. When we entered the apartment, the Christmas tree once again laid on its side with the lights on. I had turned them off the day before when my mom and sister had left the apartment. There was a chill in the air. Mom went to the thermostat to adjust the temperature. She noted that it was turned up to 70 Fahrenheit, but it was freezing in the apartment still. She turned it up another five degrees and stated she would contact the land lord the next morning.

I was exhausted. I went to the door of my bed room to go in and get ready for bed. All of the sudden I heard my sister scream. I ran out of my room, meeting up with my mom in the hall way right outside of my sister's room. The door was closed. I reached out to turn the door handle and it was freezing to the touch. We entered her room. My sister was standing in the middle of the room with tears streaming down her cheeks, her eyes wide. All of her clothes had been taken out of her dresser and closet and were thrown about the room randomly. Some hung from the mirror, some from the ceiling fan, falling off the bed, on the floor, everywhere. She had two dolls on her bed. Both of them had their plastic heads removed and placed next to them with the faces in the pillow.

At this point, I stood there with my mouth hanging open, mom ran to the door to check for signs of forcible entry. Of course, there were none. I ran back to my room, opened the door to find almost an identical sight. There were no dolls in my room, but all of the clothes were thrown everywhere and every one of my books was on the floor, face down. There were at least one hundred or so paper backs on that shelf and not one of them had managed to land face up on the floor!

We then, all three of us, went to my moms room, opened the door and absolutely nothing was out of place except her pillows. She had two heart shaped pillows that always sat in the middle of her bed. One of the pillows had my name stitched on it; the other had my sister's name. Both pillows were on the floor, upside down, side by side.

At this point my mom began to look a little frantic herself. My mom had been through a lot in her life and at this point, very little seemed to ruffle her, but this did. She told me she was going up stairs to knock on the neighbors doors and see if they had seen any one near or heard any one in our apartment. My sister and I, still in a bit of a daze just shook our heads.

In the apartment we lived in, the only way to get to the neighbors was to go outside and around to the side, up the stairs and knock on their doors.

I heard the front door open and close. I looked down at my sister who was still crying and told her we needed to go in the kitchen, have some hot chocolate and veg out in front of the television. I let her know we would clean up my bed and she could bunk with me for the night as I had a double bed, and we would start cleaning the mess in the morning. She seemed to relax a bit with that suggestion.

We walked down the short corridor to the kitchen. I had just gotten the cocoa and the milk out. I was opening the cabinet to get a pan and the laughing started again. It was just as it had been the night before! It seemed to be coming from everywhere all at once, as if on a speaker system. We just stood there and looked at each other; I did not have to ask if she had heard it, I could tell by the way she was looking at me.

Both my sister and I took off running for the front door at a dead heat. My mom was just coming back up the walk from the side of the house to the door. I could see, behind my mom, about 20 feet away, the gray woman! She appeared to be hovering about seven feet off the ground again and waving at me! I could not see her eyes as it was dark, but I could FEEL the stare! Somehow I also knew she was smiling as before. I stood there for a few moments, finally coming out of my stupor when mom asked me if I would move to let her in. I stepped aside, as I turned back to the window to see if the woman was still there, she was gone.

Mom looked out and asked what I saw. I shook my head and told her it was nothing. My sister was standing there and she had been frightened enough lately. Mom advised us that our direct upstairs neighbors heard some vague movement in the apartment and some laughter, but they thought we were home. Mom told them we had not been home and asked if they saw anyone coming or going. They stated they hadn't and they had been home all day and the night before.

We slept pretty well, at least without incident that night and repaired the damage to the rooms. Mom called the land lord. He came over within an hour. He checked the furnace and advised us it was in working order. He changed the dead bolts on the front door and the back door, although we never used the back door. I stood there thinking that the uninvited visitor that had been in the apartment did not need a key.

Things died down for a few months until spring rolled around. With the thaw, my gray woman friend returned.

Other hauntings by KimSouthO

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimSouthO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MoonFall (1 stories) (48 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-30)
Kim:

I realize I am very, very late in regards to commenting on your story, but I have to say your stories without a doubt have been some of the scariest I have ever read.

You see, since I saw the movie Pet Sematary, creepy ladies (especially old ones) REALLY creep me out. However, I seemed to be intrigued by their hauntings. I am very sorry to hear that you and your sister have gone through such trauma due to this "thing's" "visits."

Have you had any visits from her lately? I do hope not.

😨 😐
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
http://www.familysearch.org

Great resource for reseaching family names...

Respectfully,

Rook
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-03)
What research and information are you needing regarding a family named Falt in Omaha? I am VERY curious about this but am catious to state why...

Please let me know what your connecttion to the name Falt is.
God Bless!
tlcandray (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-02)
Any information on the gray woman and the name FALT? I'm doing family history on the name FALT and noticed someone wrote that there may be a connection.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
hey I have read your stories before, but I forgot to comment on them. This gray women sounds so scary!

Something about her seems evil and sinister. Have you tried to find out who she may be?
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
This is a great story and I really enjoyed reading it! Do you know if anyone ever died in that house or anything? Just wondering.

P.S Going into My Favorites. 😊 ❤ ❤
scaredshitless14 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
ok,
All I have to say is holy shiat...creepy... I really enjoyed reading the stories of this gray lady and I want to read more about her... These stories have given me the worst shivers I've ever had... Anyways I wish the best of luck and can't wait for some more stories.

Robert
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Thank you to all who have read these accounts and for all of your support.

I do have a couple more stories regarding the gray woman and will get them out soon. Unfortunately, she decided she would stick around.

God Bless!
bigpatti87 (2 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
Wow...you have some great but eerie experiences and all of them amaze me... You definitly are very gifted in a sense and have left me waiting for more... Its wierd to get such a feeling from someone else's experiences but I think its because I have have feelings that I was going through the same feelings even if I have never seen such things... Keep those stories coming because I have learned a lot from your stories and I hope you can continue to amaze me 😉
LoveforHope0226 (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
Well, I don't know how to put a comment on your page, but thank you for reading my first story on my page. And I don't think they're manafesting. I know because me and my friend did a ouji board and we actually got to talk to my Great Grandma, ((G.G.)) and she said that her and my older dog Chloe were in that house, along with some other ghosts but I think and hope she said that there was only 3 ghosts in our current home. But hopefully that answers your questions you had for me. But I just hope that my G.G. And my dog comes with us when we move. But thanks again for reading my fisrt story, and that was a scary story, I got the chills. ❤
MNPROPHET (6 stories) (25 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-28)
Kim, thanks for your kind comments about our first posting of an ongoing investigation.

Me and my team feel for you, the anxiety you must of gone through was tremendous.

Have you had any of your experiences investigated by a paranormal team?

The answers seem obvious and terrifying, the real challenge would be documenting and recording the events.

If and when we get to your neck of the woods we would love to set up a surveillance and annalyze what haunts you.

Best of luck, keep in touch. Brian
BlueDemon150 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
WOW!
I don't know if I could deal with that. I give you props. That's tough when your dealing with a spirit who's not related to you.
Luckily in my story, it's my grandma, so I'm not afraid or threatened. But when it's someone you don't know...wow!
You must be very strong in heart. I know I would high tail it out of there.
That's one of my fears... Getting an apartment or home not knowing it's already occupied. Have you tried blessing your apartment?
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-04)
O
My
Lord,
Kim

How do you deal with stuff like this? If this was me, I would NEVER be able to be alone anywhere, ever. Really, if I didn't know you (your history, etc.), I would say this story is too incredible to believe, but I DO believe it--every word. And it's terrifying...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
I have found a bit of something... Not really enough for my liking, but I am still searching. If I could find at least two like instances, I would name this as proof in point, but as of yet have found just this one.
"...A woman I'll call Rachael began receiving guidance from an entity that appeared to her as a nature sprite. Rachael was told to go out into her yard and dig in specified places, to precise depths. This went on daily for some weeks. Each of these expeditions unearthed some natural treasure, usually in the form of rocks or bones. One of these artifacts was a fist sized piece of polished jade! During this same period, the mischievous sprite, whom she called "Grumble", performed numerous poltergeist tricks which startled people who came to visit her. Objects in her house would mysteriously move or vanish altogether. Grumble evoked her childlike delight, and often made her laugh.
As time went on Rachel decided it was time to see her sprites in their natural state and requesteed that they reestablish themselves as humans, when they did she was sorely surprised. The first appeared to her as the same sprite who performed miraculous treasure seeking for her, but Grumble became an old grey woman with pointed teeth and ice blue eyes that cut through the soul..." *El Collie, Shared Transformation.*

I will see what else I can dig up, but thought to add what I so far had after three days of research. 😊
cprincessliss (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
just out of curiosity, did you find her smile, or hand-waving gesture menacing at all? Could you physically tell that it was a woman, or do you just "know" per say? (I've had a similar experience like what you've described and I'm curious if you can remember specific details.)
xxbabyhannah (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
i found some info but I can't find anything of a gery woman I found that there's been some deaths but is this the name of your Nebraska, Omaha Nebraska falt?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
I live in Nebraska, Omaha Nebraska to be exact. All of the occurances have taken place in Omaha.

Not sure if that helps, I have not been able to find any information but I am open to suggestions.

God Bless!
xxbabyhannah (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
Hello kim I think whitebuffalo is right I'm going to search for some info on this woman but maybe if we search were you live maybe we could find something out.
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
So Sorry people! I just hate it when that happens! 😳 I usually so not double post like that.
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
I tell you KimSouthO, I do not like the feeling I get about your Grey Woman/entity. I usually like to read the stories and pick up my own vibes or thoughts... But yours is the first I actually had a dream, no, dream is not the word, a very long nigtmare about your, "Grey Woman". I hope you can get rid of IT! I get very bad vibes with every story about it/her I read.
Karyn (1 stories) (63 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
I tell you KimSouthO, I do not like the feeling I get about your Grey Woman/entity. I usually like to read the stories and pick up my own vibes or thoughts... But yours is the first I actually had a dream, no, dream is not the word, a very long nigtmare about your, "Grey Woman". I hope you can get rid of IT! I get very bad vibes with every story about it/her I read.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
First of all, I would like to apologize for being delayen in responding. I had been ill for a couple of days, severe allergic reation to some meds.

Anyway, thank you to all who took the time to read my story! I will try to answer some of the questions as best I can...

rhodes68,
thes encounters and experiences certainly did change me, I believe more in the way I view the world and what can and cannot happen. I to also believe this entity to be evil.

Jennifer40,
There was no bravery about these occurances on my part. All I could think of was to get through them in one peace, never really knowing wha would happen next. I was absolutely terrified out of my mind!

Frawin,
I am not certain at the point of this story if 'she' had ever revealed herself to adults, I know she did not when I was around. She certainly did as I grew older though and became an adult myself. Arming myself has always involved my faith in Christ.

WB,
I am VERY anxious to hear if any of your research has netted any results! I can't wait to hear what you have located!

To All,
If I did not mention you, please do not be offeneded. I am deeply greatful to all who have allowed me to unburden myself with these occurances and get them out in the open, so to speak. I appreciatte all of your encouragement,

God Bless!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
Well, I always thought I was jaded with ghost stories but this one gave me the willies. Either this stuff actually happened or you, my dear, are going to be the next Stephen King. God love you and your family for having to deal with this. I am assumming you still live in this place? If so, I would be calling Taps or Lorraine Warren or the Paranormal State team to come and investigate. Keep us updated.
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
That must of been so scary for your sister and yourself, I could not imagine that happening to me, but you seem very brave, so good on ya!
How long ago was this? If it ws long ago then you're lucky that it's not happening again, and if it was recent, just watch out!
It's scary how the ghost/spirit or whatever it was trashed your sisters room and yours, and then put the heart shaped pillows facing down on the floor, I'm sure it meant no harm. But just be careful.
Take care,
Chrono 😁
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Your story kind of gives me chills also 😳but from hearing you talk about the gray woman it seems she means no harm toward you so I don't see any reason to be too afraid 😉

God bless you ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Hi Kim. I hope WhiteBuffalo finds information on what that monster is. I bet you just have had enough of this.Iąm glad you shared that story with us but I feel sorry for you that you have to go through all of this. I wish I could help you here but I have no idea what this is. Good thing your a strong women. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-25)
Hi Kim,
I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I am working on doing a bit of research on the description of the lady (loosely using that word there) as I seem to have heard an entity described in much the same manner. I am NOT ignoring your story. 😊 Just trying to see if she has a name, or anything in common with your experiences.
Thank you.
Lalat (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
i probably can't handle things like that happening to me. I really admire you for your bravery and concern for your sister. The only time I'm brave enough is when my son is involved. I think he sees things, but I'm not sure.
Terryberry (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-24)
All I can say is that if this was happening in my house I would definitely want someone like you around because I would basically be scared stupid.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-23)
Hello Kim. Double up on the nerve and sleeping pills again tonight 😉.If you can could you answer me a few questions, without giving away and of your future stories on the Gray Lady(and I use the term lady rather loosely). Has she ever appeared to any adults, as she seems to pick on children and teenagers. Has she appeared to you after you became an adult, maybe to see if she still instilled the fear in you that she used to. It seems to me that she is a coward and a bully and as like all bullies she picked on the easiest prey-the fear in children. I am just curious what her reaction was after you "armed" yourself and showed her that her free lunch was over. Take care my friend and God bless you.

FRAWIN 😊 ❤

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: