You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Floating Face

Real Ghost Stories

Floating Face

 

A couple of years ago, I was at my friend's newly built house. (This story happened in the same house as my story "breath on my neck and loud exhalation" happened in.)

It was pretty late and us being the night owls we were, we were still awake. We had just come up from the basement from playing a computer game. My friend had to go to the rest room, so while she did that I got a drink in the kitchen.

I was standing in front of their refrigerator getting my drink and I saw something out of the corner of my eye. She had 4 cats, so I thought one of the cats were in the hall. I looked over and saw this thing. I'll try to describe it as best as I can. Imagine some one directly under a really bright light, and the shadows cast on their face. On the "thing" the only facial features I could make out were the shadow like things I described. The facial features looked human to me. The head was about the size of a big beach ball and was about a foot above the floor. It was hovering, about thirteen feet away from me. It was a misty white color and was slightly transparent. It had mist around the face looking kind of like a lion's mane, and it had a tail like thing that followed behind it.

When I get scared, most of the time (depend on how frightened I am) I freeze and I can't move. I stared at it for about two seconds, and then it stared moving... Towards me! At about this point in time, I was really freaked out, this creepy thing I have never seen before is coming at me! It stared out moving at me slowly and got faster, VERY fast. I turned around and slammed my drinking glass on the island in the middle of the kitchen (right behind me) and ran, looking behind me, slipping around on the hard wood floor in my socked feet. Turning the corner with me around the island, it came about a foot away from me than dissipated into nothing.

I was so terrified I stood there with my eyes wide open frantically looking all around the floor around me making sure it wasn't near me, then I ran to the bathroom and once again (see my other story I mentioned above) beat on the bathroom door until my friend let me in. I was shaking and sweating and I couldn't see straight, I was so scared.

I'm not sure exactly WHAT I had witnessed, but I KNOW what I saw. I have no idea why it chased me, but this is one of the scariest things that has happened to me.

Other hauntings by honey91

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, honey91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
Well, the only history I know of the house is that it used to be a golf course and before a housing complex, I don't remember. Its in Grain Valley MO, which was a huge farm area now becoming a small town 😢 It could have been anything almost...
Haflingers13 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
Okay.Please Dont Be Scared. I Think I Know What The 'Face' Was Saying. Get Out Of The House, Or I'm Warning You?! Somebody Surely Lived Their And Died. Is There Anything UNDER THE HOUSE? The Thing Is Is That If You Get Scared, That Thing Will Get Scared. Just Act Calm. Unless Is Goes For You Hun Then You Run And Move (If It Gets To Much.)
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
Tirada,

Don't feel bad for laughing lol now that I think about it, it is kind of funny. Lol Thanks for all the comments! 😁 ❤
Tirada (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
I agree with -YourMoon-, it sounds like a mythical creature. I know this sounds horribly wrong, but the description of the floating head almost made me laugh, not because I do not empathize, it must have been horrible, but because it sounds like a creature I heard about in a Japanese fairy tale when I was little...

A floating head with many sharp teeth... The creatures were supposed to be a result of a human spirit with incredibly bad Karma attached to it. They were ruthless, cruel, destructive things that sucked the energy of all life forms it came across.

Not that I'm saying that's what you were dealing with, merely that's what came to my mind...
Anyway, I salute you on your steadfast bravery, Good luck if you should come across it again! I also suggest prayer. Show no fear, for all evil things feed off all negativity.
Scream (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-04)
honey91,

I think that the way the spirit/ghost was presented meant that they were probably associated with a building that was at the site of your friend's house before it was built. Either that or it doesn't want you near your friend. All the best, xoxo

Scream
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-04)
Reggieaz 20

I have seriously thought about that. I don't thinks she is possessed or anything... I don't know but I think that thing was trying to scare me obviously for some reason.
😕
Reggieaz20 (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-03)
the only thing I can say, mind you I am no paranormal expert, just a sailor is. It could of been a demon reading some of your post on here afterward, you say she changed for the worst. And what else do demons do best but try to destroy your life and make one feel loney. It could of not been trying to harm you but to scare you away from her. I am looking forward to reading your other stories after this one.
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-03)
Well... The size in kind of hard to explain. The entire head and the main like mist formed around it was about the size of a large beach ball, and the whole thing flaoted about a foot off of the ground. The tail like mist behind it was I'm guessing about two to four feet in length. I'm not sure of the size of the tail because I was so interested in what it was, so I was focusing on its face.
-YourMoon- (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
Oh my God that sound like a mythical creature I have heard of. Face of a man, mane like a lion and tail like a scorpion (well you didn't mention that)! Its so strange but my questio was. How big was this?
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
CHICKEN,
I didn't know there was like a human animal mixed thing. Thats real creepy!

MARLEAN,
Ive heard they they feed off of fear too. I was mad after the thing chased me because there was no reason for that. But during the incident, yeah I was terrified. Do you just learn how to block out fear?

TUNKA,
I told her when she let me in the bathroom, she was freaked out too. She has had some experiences herself but not to this extreme. Everyone in her immediate family has had things happen to them. I do find it difficult telling people what has happened to me (supernatural experiences) because sometimes they just look at me like I'm insane, or don't say anything (like my boyfriend 😢) I don't mind them bugging me if they aren't TRYING to freak me out or be a jerk. Lol

Thanks for the advise everyone! ❤
Tunka (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-30)
Did you tell your friend? Some people don't believe the things others experience, but if they say they don't believe you, it means they've seen it but don't want to believe it and never want to get it in their mind again. They might say they believe you, in some sarcastic ways, but they might believe you in a true way, as if they have seen it them selve.

My advice is ask your friend about it, and if you are fine with them bugging you, I'm sure that won't bug them.

If it chases you again, don't be afraid. Say, "In the name of God, leave at once!" or say prayers. You don't have to be christian to pray to God, OR to make God help you.
Marlean (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-27)
Try not to be afraid. Fear is an emotion that makes them stronger. Keep a defiant attitude. Feel anger towards the ghost, not fear. People usually feel a "flight or fight" emotion towards things that scare them and the "flight" emotion doesn't really help solve anything with ghost instances. You don't have to touch it or swing a chair at it if you see it again, just be careful of your emotions and angrily tell it to get out.
chicken (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-23)
Oh, geeze, that is FREAKY! Think if it had touched you... Imagine what that would have felt like?
You know, it probably was some sort of animal... Or... Not... Maybe an animal/human hybrid! A lot of ghosts are like that...
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
well I don't envy you in the least I would be SO freaked out and at the same time SO SO SO pissed of I'd would run away but if it got close I'd punt it I hate floating faces like what you can't get a body to geesh hobo ghost can't afford a body
cookie90 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
when you tell me this story, it's hard to believe. I mean I do believe you girl, but its scary. Haha.

P.s its shawna so read my stories even know we talk about this a lot. Haha
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
She has had some things happen to her in that house but not anything to this extreme.

Sadly, soon after this happened we stopped talking. It was weird because we were best friends, then... Everything about her changed for the worst (in my opinion) I miss her so much... But she totally is NOT the same person I met.

Getting rid of the thing that chased me would be my choice, and if we were still talking, I would try to do something about it or get someone who could.
Hammily (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
Whoa! That's creepy 😲 It's even creepier when a floating face chasing you and its 1 foot off the ground and its white...SCARY! 😨
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
i agree with the person who suggested to defend yourself. Actually, go on the offensive and get rid of the thing. It probably chased you because it wanted to scare you. And just because it starts out nice, doesn't mean it won't turn mean.
_pretty_ (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
To werid I'd probally well gosh I don't even know has SHE had anything happen to her in her house
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
As far as I know, she has never owned or played with an ouija board... And her mother wouldn't allow it. I don't believe she has ever practiced magic either.

And yeah, after all of the experiences when she had gone away or to the restroom, I did watch myself. I usually would go to her room because nothing had ever happened to me in that room before and I thought Id have a chance nothing would happen to me if I went there.

I don't think my friend knew what was going on... But her mom suspects that a little boy whom had occupied their old home had followed her (my God mother) to the new house... But that small boy has never done anything in that nature before. He was more of the poking you and moving toys, type. I didn't mind him, he just wanted to play.

This experience in particular scared me so bad I was afraid of ghosts, whereas before, I have been pretty used to them bugging me lol
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Why is it spirits always come to you when your friend is in the bathroom? Next time be aware when she goes in there, and defend yourself with prayers.
This spirit seemed interested in you, I think it just chased you because it was curious. It's possible it also chased you to extract fear from you.
Be careful and pray to God.
Has anyone messed with the occult in the house?
BlackValkyrie (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Awfull experience!
My sister in law used to visit a friend whose mother used to play ouija and other things linke that in the house. Because all the weird stuff she suffered when she stayed at night on her friend's home, my sister in law decided not to pass the night there anymore.
Did your friend knows something about the house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: