You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Demons

Real Ghost Stories

Demons

 

In 1953, my mother moved to Phoenix, Arizona from Colorado with my sister, my brother and I into a duplex in a poor neighborhood and on the fringes of an industrial area in Phoenix. I was seven years old. Our duplex was the third house away from the rest of the neighborhood separated by a dairy, a few other businesses and surrounded by the railroads, a brewery, a slaughter house called Cudahy Meats, and other industrial businesses. We moved into the right side of the duplex composed of three rooms.

Front room, a big middle room, and a small kitchen on the back and we all slept in the middle room where there was a door in the middle that led directly to our bathroom, which was outdoors and an outhouse. The other side of the duplex was empty.

My mother and my sister slept on a bed, and my brother and I slept on a mattress on the floor. The night we moved in half the block across the street was on fire with a building burning and firemen and police all over the streets.

My mom rented the duplex, site unseen to move us from Colorado to Phoenix.

Although very poor, we still had wonderful times there. Our evenings were filled with good home cooking, and our days were filled with fascination about our new neighborhood. My brother and I spent every new day exploring our new neighborhood.

The first place we explored was the other duplex. Unfortunately, it was boarded up and there was a piece of paper taped on the front door and the back door that said "NO TRESPASSING!" b the City of Phoenix Police Department. Everywhere we went in our neighborhood exploring was an incredible experience. At night when we went to sleep, I could hear the sounds of train whistles in the distance and from the brewery down the street. The sounds from the brewery at night were all heavy pieces of equipment and machinery being moved and the sound of steam hissing in the night. They had a distinct sound of echoing late at night as we went to bed. Sometimes you could also hear voices of men working. Yet, it was a peaceful sound that we ell asleep to every night.

One of the fascinating experiences about living in the desert was the dust and lightening thunderstorms in the evenings. We loved them. It just meant hunkering indoors and eating watermelon and looking out the windows at the lightening show. Our middle room door was only secured with one of those hook latches. That was in case my mother or my sister needed to go to the bathroom at night. Neither my brother nor I used the outhouse at night. We both hated it. We had a Folger's coffee can next to our mattress on the floor where we slept and could pee.

One night when we all went to bed, I heard my mom and my sister talking on their bed and ruffling the sheets as they finally fell asleep. I fell asleep, and awoke in the middle of the night because the wind had picked up outside and was rattling the windows and doors. The door that rattled the most was the door in our bedroom to the outhouse. I heard the door rattle so much that the latch dislodged, and the door opened.

I heard my mother get out of bed and say "TSK!" Then I heard her close the door and put the latch back in its slot. I heard her get back in bed and heard the sheets ruffle as she crawled back in bed everything became very quiet. I couldn't fall back to sleep.

I heard the trains and their whistles blowing in the distance, and I heard the sounds of the brewery. I often wondered as I got older why the sounds of the brewery echoed at night, and not during the day. Maybe I never listened during the day. These were my thoughts as I tried to fall back to sleep. Then I heard the floorboards creak. I stopped my thoughts and listened nothing. I went back to my thoughts. I heard another creak. I looked over at my brother, he was sound asleep. Creak. I grabbed my blanket and pulled it towards me.

I thought for sure my mom would wake up soon. I shoved my brother and all he did was mumble and snore. Then I heard a shuffle like a foot dragging on the floor and another creak. I stopped moving. Someone's in the room. I thought. I pulled the blankets over my head. I heard another shuffle and another creak on the floor. This time there seemed to be a slight thump as if someone was shuffling and taking slow steps. I pulled my blanket over my face and peeked out of a small opening. I was sweating like crazy. I began shaking. I heard another shuffle except this time with a thump, and another creak.

I thought I heard my mom's sheets shuffle. She'll get up and tell me I'm having a bad dream. By this time, I was completely covered under my blanket. I heard a clink.

Sweating and shaking, I opened a very small part of my blanket. Just a tiny little corner.

I saw a black boot next to my pee can. I closed my blanket over my head. I then heard a very deep voice: "I am from Indian Row."

"I am from Indian Row." I closed the little peep hole, and curled next to my brother and laid there sweating and I finally fell asleep.

When I woke up the next morning, I told my mom that there was a man in the house.

She looked at me as if I was crazy and said: "When?" "Last night." "There was a man in the house." "What are you talking about?" "There was a man in the house." And I explained to her: "Last night when the door opened, a man came into the house."

She looked at me and said: "Don't be silly, it was the wind. The wind opened the door."

"Noooo! It was a man!" "Stop that nonsense, there was no man, it was the wind."

Over the next few months, my brother and I kept exploring our neighborhood. We had a wonderful time. But sometimes when we were playing and exploring all of the empty and burned buildings something would overcome me. I would say: "Something's coming."

"There's nothing coming." It was like a rush of energy coming from somewhere.

Then a garbage truck would turn the corner and head our way. "It's a dump truck."

But what I could not explain to my brother was that down deep in my heart, every day, I could feel an incredible energy coming towards me at least several times a day. It always took me by surprise. Out of nowhere this incredible force of negative energy would rush towards me and overtake me. Sometimes it would come at me at a million miles an hour. I would talk to myself every time it came. Many times it would pass and I would go away. It finally found me full-blown about a year later.

I was at a birthday party with a bunch of new friends we had met in the neighborhood, and I was sitting down laughing and eating cake and ice cream watching them all dance around and play with a broken piñata. This time there was a feeling that completely overtook my senses. As I watched the kids running in circles at the party there came such a heavy and deep depression and sadness that completely overtook me. "Hey, what's wrong? What's wrong? I think he's sick." My brother walked me home and laid me on the couch. I lied on the couch and fell asleep. I had no idea how long I had been on the couch asleep. I had such a strange experience, that I never knew whether it was a dream or real. I was suddenly far up somewhere in an abyss and below me was a void. The void went for miles and miles and seemed to go on forever. I was in a vacuum. There was no sound. The void felt very smooth and soft. I could actually feel the smoothness of the void on the tips of my fingers. Then I began to see the void began to wrinkle. Slow at first. I began to hear the evaporative cooler blades slow down above my couch to a very slow turn. Whoosh...whoosh...whoosh. I could hear every single revolution of the cooler blades. Whoosh...whoosh...whoosh. My fingers began to swell. I began to hear voices. At the time, I thought they were coming from somewhere in another room.

They began very slow, and seemed to keep track with the cooler blades as they turned.

As my fingers felt the abyss begin to wrinkle faster, the cooler blades began to turn faster.

Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh! The voices in the next room became faster and louder. There was there a dominant angry male voice mixed with all the other voices.

The abyss began to wrinkle into a complete chaos at such an incredible pace. I felt the wrinkles of the abyss in my hands and it began to spread throughout my body. The cooler fan became faster. Whoosh-whoosh-whoosh! The voices in the next room became faster and louder. They were now screaming. The voices, the fan, the wrinkling abyss joined forces and became louder and faster and came for me. The voices sounded like people fighting and arguing. I never understood a word they said. They all melded together into one fast paced energy. They came together in such a crescendo that I jumped up off the couch and ran out the door screaming! "THE BIG BALL IS COMING AFTER MEEEE!"

People in the neighborhood at night hanging out and talking on their porches must've thought someone was being killed as they saw this seven year old kid in underwear running down the street at speeds that could've broken world speed records screaming.

"WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I remember some older kid catching me in middle stride. I looked at him and said:

"It's coming!" "What's coming?" "It's coming!" My sister and brother caught up.

"It's ok my sister said. He's sick. He's ok, we'll take him home." When we got back to our house, there were neighbors hanging around outside wondering what had happened at our house. My sister and brother laid me down on the couch and my sister felt my forehead.

"He's got a fever." She gave me some baby aspirin and a glass of water and I lied back down on the couch and fell asleep. I never knew how long afterwards, but it began again.

It started slowly and began to build just like it did the first time. Before my sister or brother realized, I was out the door running down the street screaming again. "WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! IT"S COMING! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

My sister and brother ran down the street after me. This time, some older man caught me as he saw me run by their porch. "Hey! Hey! Hey! Where're you going little boy?

My God, you are shaking." My sister and brother caught up and said: "It's ok, he's sick."

The older man touched my forehead. "You need to get him to a doctor, he's burning up."

My sister and brother walked me back home and put me on the couch. I refused to fall asleep. Even awake, I could feel the same sensations began, but I would get up and pace the room. I would get up and just say "Mmmmmm...mmmmmm...mmmmm...

Noooooo...noooooo...noooo..."

My mom came home later and brought her boyfriend with her. When I saw them walk in, I could've sworn he had a huge couch on his shoulders, and for some reason, I began to laugh. My sister was already awake and ran to my mom and said: "He's really sick mom. He's running a high fever, and we can't control him. He keeps getting up and talking, then he...he...he starts running out the door." My mother came over to me and lifted my head up and put it on her lap. She stroked my hair and forehead. "My God, he's running a high fever!" She turned to my sister and said "Get me the alcohol, and a pan of water and some towels, some Bayer Aspirin and a glass of water. She took off my shirt, and soaked some towels the mixture of water and alcohol and applied them to my chest and a small towel to my forehead. "Drink this water." She began fanning my body with another towel.

"Drink all of the water." The fanning of the towels felt very cold, but comforting.

My fever finally ebbed enough for me to fall asleep.

The next day my mother took me to the doctor. He gave me a penicillin shot and explained to my mom that I had a serious bacterial infection. He explained that high fevers can cause hallucinations, but the shot would cure the infection, and also stop the fever. It never stopped over the next six months. For that matter over the next five years.

But it was at its worst for the first six months. As the years went by, I was the one that learned to control my nightmares by talking to myself and doing certain things to stop the nightmares. One of the most successful things I did is when the abyss would begin to wrinkle at an incredible rapid pace; I would rub my blankets and smooth out the wrinkles on my blanket. To this day at sixty three, I smooth out my sheets and blankets. By the time I was twelve I was able to handle my nightmares on my own. They became less, and less.

Some interesting information: After I received my Penicillin shot, two days later, my nightmares got worse. So much so that my mom had to take me to the emergency room.

As I sat in the emergency room while my mother spoke to the nurses, they wheeled in this black lady on a Guernsey. They left her there in front of me. She began to moan: "Oh lord... Oh lord..." As I watched her I saw the skin above her right eye slowly begin to turn white. The whiteness above her eye slowly moved over her eye lid and now the skin of her eyelid was also slowly turning white. She moaned the entire time: "Oh lord... Oh Jesus... Oh dear god...lordy...lordy...lordy..." Then it moved to her left eye. The skin above both eyes eventually became white. A young doctor came over to where I was sitting with my mother, gave me another shot and explained to my mother that most of my hallucinations were because of my allergic reaction to Penicillin and he gave me a different antibiotic. My nightmares did not stop over the next six months. They became intermittent and would come when I least expected.

A very old Mexican lady not only heard me running through the nights screaming, she also heard about my nightmares from other sources. She came and visited my mother one day, and looked at me, and said in Spanish, this little boy is very weak and sick. She told my mother that the reason the duplex next to ours was boarded up because a family that lived there had a violent end. A father had killed his wife and murdered his two children and hung himself in the closet with a belt.

I later found out that the reason we moved to Phoenix from Grand Junction Colorado was because we had an extremely abusive father that would come home every night drunk and beat my mother and us. One night when he came home he not only beat her, he choked her so bad that he almost killed her. Then he made her make him breakfast

At midnight no less. My mother was so angry, that after making him breakfast, and she went into a closet and brought out a 30-30 rifle. She only meant to scare him, but she aimed the rifle at him and it went off and struck him in the head and killed him. My mother spent 3 years in jail through trials for murder. If it wasn't for the witness eye account of the purple bruises on her neck by police and her brothers and sisters being witnesses to my father's brutality she would have gone to prison. After three years in jail, she decided to start a new life and move us kids to Phoenix, Arizona from Grand Junction Colorado.

If this story ever gets published, it will become copyrighted by me.

Danny B. Ruiz.

My mother's maiden name was Ophelia Guillen.

My father's name was Ecedro Ruiz.

My uncles and aunts say this all happened in Sunnyvale, California.

I only remember living in Grand Junction, Colorado during my mother's jail time.

My father and my mother bore us children in Utah, and Colorado.

Price, Utah. Dragerton, Utah. And Grand Junction, Colorado.

I have tried so hard to find any information on the internet about my mother and my father's tragedy without any success. That does not mean it did not happen. It happened.

Somewhere on the Internet I will eventually find the records.

Other hauntings by DannyBruise

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DannyBruise, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-03)
I'm four years too late, but I feel the same sensations as what you and Deviousangel have described. I can't explain it, but when you said "the ball"...i know exactly what you mean. It started when I was young as well, during sleep/right before sleep. And I have incredibly strange dreams/nightmares. I thought I was alone in such weird feelings! I am thrilled that i'm not!
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
Wordgreaser

At seven years old, I had no idea what it was.
I gave myself up to the doctors, my family and even a bruja with rosaries and prayers.
Incredibly none of them stopped my awake nightmares at night.
I begged for someone to please help me every time I experienced one of these bouts.
With so much incredible frustration that no one could help.
After more than a year of these bouts, I began to talk to myself. And yes, my family thought I was nuts.
By the time I was eight years old, I began to teach myself how to deal with this crap.
I put together a lot of what seems like ridiculous actions to protect myself from this negative energy. Things as simple as smoothing out my blanket to get rid of the wrinkling abyss... Things to take my mind off of the rush once it was here and ask my mother to give me some cottage cheese and some koolaid... My favorite... And my prayers.

Yet sometimes it would take me by surprise...
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-09)
Hi scrapmetalkitten

Thanks to posting my experience on Your Ghost Stories, I've received a lot of insight into the phrase "The man from Indian Row."
It turns out... Thanks to zzsgranny, it turns out that my mother met my father in Denver Colorado, and ironically Denver used to be called Indian Row... Whitebuffalo said that a lot of rows of apartments connected to each other in a low income neighborhood are often called Indian Row.
As for my psychological issues, I was angry for many years with my mother, because I thought: "Why did you hide the fact that you killed my father in front of me, and not expect it to have any effect on my psychi?"
That's a long story, but I forgave her.
What fascinates me to this day is why it lasted for so many years. I can understand being a seven year old boy and afraid of the world, but to have these incredible awake experiences with a powerful sense in my head that something is coming fascinates me to this day. Maybe it was the real world of us kids being innocent and enjoying breakfast in the middle of the night, and a very loud surprising bang of a rifle that killed my father going off... I don't know.
wordgreaser (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
Dear Sir,
It may be comforting to note that though your experience may be unique to you, I would like to share that I have experienced so much negative energy. I could feel anger and hate before I could actually see them. It is so much better to "see" than to feel this energy. I don't know, but maybe they gravitate to people who are more sensitive to them. Maybe we are the only ones they can control. It's good you fought it. I was told once that they will only continue to harm you in whatever way if you give them permission.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-07)
Hello I found your story really interesting. I'm glad you found a way to deal with it. Did you ever find out if "Indian Row" meant anything? Were you the only person to be bothered by this in your family? It sounds like all the violence around you in childhood may have helped cause these episodes, whether due to stress or being spirit related. I know that I have to watch my stress levels because my body will physically become ill, such as suddenly getting a cold or flu or even migraines. I've never had anything as intense as what you describe though. I experience what I consider to be a form of involuntary astral traveling every now and then when I fall asleep. Like all of a sudden I'm moving rather quickly through my mattress, through the floor, or through a door or wall in my house. It scares me and I jolt awake because it feels so real at the time. I have had disturbing reoccuring nightmares and the only way I got rid of them was to somehow change something drastically in the dream to resolve it somehow, otherwise I would have to deal with the same stupid dream over and over again. I just happened to read your profile and I wanted to say horror movies are awesome, but then I watch all kinds of movies. Sorry that had nothing to do with your story but I just wanted to put it out there.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
I do, Pjod! Most of them is comments about my own stories. I do reply back to the haters and my fans.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
Pjod,
I've never experienced another paranormal experience. Throughout my life, I've been able to sense negative energy. Many times, I've predicted if a house, building, or place had a violent past.
Although I don't believe in God in a traditional sense, I've never stopped praying.
Throughout my childhood, I prayed to my father who I thought was in heaven. I didn't learn until I was 21 that he did not die in the war, nor was he a hero.
I stopped praying to him. Ironically because of my nightmares, I spent 15 years in psychotherapy. I learned to meditate.
My mantra became my prayers.
Being raised in an industrial ghetto, I saw more brutal violence than anyone growing up should experience. Knifings, shootings, murder, suicides... And the list goes on.
My therapists told me that my nightmares of human carnage are probably due to these experiences. These experiences many times happened right in front of me.
My changing hell on earth landscape nightmares he could not explain other than to say I was searching for peace or running away from something. Probably my childhood nightmares.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-30)
Danny,
yours reminds of that story with the guy walking through the sand. I forget how it goes, but he tells the Lord that he was walking alone during the most difficult times in his life, as shown by the single pair of footprint in the sand. The Lord says to him "That was me carrying you"
Ah, anyway. I have only recently began praying again, since when I was very young... And have had some positive results.
Again, good luck in your quest. I'd love to hear more of your first hand experiences with the paranormal.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Pjod,
This story I posted is just the beginning. There was never a God in my world for me anywhere anytime for me at the worst times I had to deal with my nightmares. I always felt abandoned by this God everyone talked about. I prayed during my worst nightmares to this God that was never there for me. My nightmares never stopped.
The doctors couldn't control them.
My mother couldn't control them.
The old Bruja Mexican lady with her prayers to the lord couldn't control them.
Yet, someone, somewhere, sometime during my worst nightmares must have given me the strenght and the knowledge to control my nightmares. And take control of my nightmares.
"The man from Indian Row."
LOL!

I weighed thirty pounds when I was seven.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
I think it's obvious there are many diff dimensions- with beings able to cross over in and out of ours, at will or accidentally.
Baldfalcon, I have been haunting this website lately looking for answers that relate to my own experiences. Keep in mind you still have 50 posts more than me.LOL.
Danny, good luck in your quest for answers.
Many times, if we just ask the good Lord for these answers, he/she will provide. That I personally have witnessed for myself.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Pjod

Glad to hear you liked my link.
But not being a scientist, the idea of the question of a unified solution to how everything works seems simple to me. It's all based on relativity: Time, gravity and energy as Einstein said.
As humans, we see the world as it relates to our every day experiences and is based on our time.
Example:
You ever see a twig fall on the ground?
Simple. Push it over, and it falls instantly. Time, gravity and energy.
Ever see a huge tree fall?
Slower. Time gravity and energy.
Well because the universe is so huge, we see it happening very slow.
Why? Time, gravity and energy.
Well imagine that you lived in a sub atomic world that looks to us like chaos. The only reason it looks like chaos is because it's smaller than the universe, the tree or the twig.
If you lived in this world and were smaller than this chaotic world things would not be chaotic, but no different than the world you live in now.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
Damn Pjod, I'll see your comments all over the place in this site!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-28)
G'day danny, I remember a few years ago watching a program on discovery channel, a number of well educated scientist voted on what they considered the top one hundred inventions and discovery's, that have contributed to the evolution and development that has created our current society and advanced technology.I'd thought no one would be the wheel, if not that maybe electricity, I was surprised when the no one invention that has evolved us to where we are today is the printer, that's right being able to record information and share it, 30 years ago you and I and just about everybody here would have be considered delusional, just like in your story when the doctor said you were hallucinating you know you weren't, your story is very interesting and thank you for sharing it on the internet, that's right sharing information, I understand the significants to that program and why they voted it no one
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
danny,
nice website you posted there. Very interesting, this string theory.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
DeviousAngel

Just an interesting fact about part of your first post:
...if you're so sensitive to the energies of the world around...

I am an avid fan of science. I spend hours looking for scientific studies, theories, etc.
When you made that statement, it stuck in my mind.
Then I remembered about Quantum Physics.
Unlike the universe we live in or our planet that seem to move at a steady slow pace, There is another world. It's the subatomic world that works at such incredible speed and chaos that scientists still don't understand this world. But they know it exists. They only started studying this world in the late seventies. Long after 1953.
I went back through my research links, and my jaw dropped. I'm sending you this link, it's the second video.
Fascinating insight for a 23 year old lady...
I'm impressed!

Http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1KxgtX/www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
_pretty_

Sorry, I didn't answer your nightmare question.
Yes, I have nightmares at least three times a week. I've controlled the void and the awake rushes, but my nightmares are still with me.
Ironically, all of my nightmares are of hell on earth. It's always a black and white world with black clouds that hang incredibly low in the sky, and always some kind of industry spewing black smoke and ash into the air. I'm always fighting a nightmarish landscape trying to get somewhere... Over and over and over again.
I wake my self up and try to talk myself into a pleasant world and sometimes it works, but most times not. I'm right back on that landscape trying to escape to somewhere but I don't know where.
At their worst, my nightmares are sometimes encountering human carnage in this landscape with incredible detail of spilled human organs and blood. At their most interesting are the ones about humans and animals morphing into different shapes, creatures people/animals.
These I find fascinating.
When I wake from one of these, I ask: Where in the hell does my brain find this crap?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
No, you are not crazy. All of these thiungs you experienced and still do experience have a very definite reason behind them.

What a trauma it must have been for your family to endure, with your fathers abuse and having to relocate.

Thank yolu for taking the time to share your story,

God Bless!
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
_pretty_

My last hallucination was when I was twelve.
And to this day, I'm not sure if a hallucination is the word. That's why I posted my story. Curious if anyone else went through this.
It had been about six months without an occurrence. One day my step dad was asleep, and I went into his bedroom and woke him up. I said: It's here again.
All he said was: Oh no, c'mon don't start this crap again.
It's here.
He got up, and walked me around the house and said: Where? Show me where. And he stared at me. Show me.
I just kept moaning the same way I always did when I was up. Mmmmmmmmm...mmmmmm...Noooooo...
Nooooooo...
I went back to my bedroom and weathered the bout until my mom came home.
That was my last awake occurrence.
After that, it was me working so many ways to stop the awakening occurrences and dealing with my nightmares.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
DeviousAngel
Emotions?
I don't know if I was too young to be retrospective.
I had no emotions after a series of these bouts. I recall me feeling numb and very listless. All I did was sit the next day for hours. Never had an occurrence during the day. It always came at night. These ocurrences could last from a week to two weeks. I spent a lot of time alone during the day and I dreaded the night.
Being a seven year old hyperactive kid, I would wake one day full of energy and play, explore and destroy my neighborhood...lol.
Then when I least expected a series of ocurrences would overwhelm me again
_pretty_ (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
i loved your story your mom sounds like she a very strong lady... Do you still have nightmares
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
Danny, you don't know how happy you've made ME by posting this experience, and making me feel like less of a freakazoid! 😆 It's tough to deal with things like this, especially when people don't understand or believe you.

I don't recall when it started for me, but I know I was young and it also started for me when I slept, though it moved on to random attacks during the day as well. One thing I always noticed about that dazed "state" was just before it started, I feel that sensation that someone has just entered the room and is staring at me. I'm too afraid to look up and so I try so hard to focus on something else that I kind of zone out. Then I get lightheaded and I breathe shallowly as if I were breathing through a wet cloth. Sometimes I just get a headache. Other times, I suddenly get really tired, so I lay down and then I have this weird chaotic maelstrom nightmare similar to what you described. I have not run out of my house screaming, but I have woken up screaming to the point where my throat was raw and sore.

I have never actually considered this to be paranormal, but now I'm second guessing myself.

I wonder why it is that certain sounds seem isolated out from the rest. Usually it's repetative things like a running engine, a drum beat, or like you described, the blades of a cooler turning. If there is nothing like that near me for me to hear, I hear it in my head, and often times it's almost like a hammer striking an anvil or some sort of uncomfortable, industrial noise. This has often segued into a panic attack, not even so much from the bizarre sensations, but the overwhelming SOUND just driving me crazy.

Also, these visions or whatever you want to call them made me as terrified as I am of static and electrical interferance. When I snap out of it, it's like I'm seeing everything behind a static screen. My light/shadow perception is thrown off for a little while too. Because of how paranoid it makes me feel, I can't bear TV and radio static anymore, and flickering lights make me feel panicky too.

I wonder, have you had difficulty with certain emotions connected to this "state"? Like have you felt that you are being overrun with emotions that don't belong to you? I have often felt that way and I have even found myself growing extraordinarily angry, sad, frightened, or even happy when I had no reason to. Even when the strangeness wears off and I get back to normal, it's like the emotions stay with me and I can't get rid of them. I usually have to occupy myself and spend time alone until I'm under control enough to deal with people again.

Thanks again for sharing your story. Sorry for ranting on so much.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
Hi DeviousAngel
You don't know how happy you have made me. I have never met anyone that had a similar experience as mine.
I should explain that when I was seven, all of these sensations would start when I slept. But the most difficult time for me however, is that it would not stop after I was awake. That's why my family began to think I was losing my mind. I would walk around and say: mmmmmmm...mmmm...Nooooooo...nooooo...
Even my mother got creeped out when I paced from room to room ranting like a fool.
I will say one thing about sensing energies.
During my lifetime when I would rent or buy a new house, or a hotel room I could sense a bad energy. That's when I would not dare stay there.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
That is absolutely incredible... The weirdest part is that I got a huge chill when I read your explanation of the "wrinkling abyss", because I have had dreams with that exact same sensation present. The noises, the way time slows and speeds up again, everything fit to a T. I wonder if it's some form of involuntary astral travel, or if you're so sensitive to the energies of the world around you that every night you spend asleep is like constantly picking at a scab, and the wound can never heal.

Please share any other experiences or dreams you might have, as well as if you make any progression in your research.
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
No hallucinations, but I still have the sensations but very mild. And I still have incredible nightmares, but since the age of 12, I've learned to not be afraid, and actually, my nightmares now fascinate me.
I had to learn to control them, because everyone thought I was crazy.
As an aside, I became so weak and frail for those first six months, that the old Mexican lady took me under her wings for six months. Four times a day, we would say prayers in Spanish. It made no difference.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
long intereseting story! Do you still have hallucinations?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: